Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Asian_noone

No hardware rasterization devices found

7 comments in this topic

31 posts
2,893 battles

I ran into that strange, supremely obscure problem coming from WoWs just recently.

I noticed that the game froze while trying to join a match. So I forced the program to shut down, and took the opportunity to install this mod: https://pravdateam.wordpress.com/2016/03/27/wows-skin-skin-pack-002/

The moment I started up the game again, I ran into that error I mentioned. Google isn't too helpful, since I can't generalize results other people got for my own computer.

Also, my steam games (especially Payday 2) stopped working. When I tried checking drivers in GeForce experience, the interface was unusually grey, and attempts to reinstall the driver failed.

What may have happened?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I ran into that strange, supremely obscure problem coming from WoWs just recently.

I noticed that the game froze while trying to join a match. So I forced the program to shut down, and took the opportunity to install this mod: https://pravdateam.wordpress.com/2016/03/27/wows-skin-skin-pack-002/

The moment I started up the game again, I ran into that error I mentioned. Google isn't too helpful, since I can't generalize results other people got for my own computer.

Also, my steam games (especially Payday 2) stopped working. When I tried checking drivers in GeForce experience, the interface was unusually grey, and attempts to reinstall the driver failed.

What may have happened?

judging from the date it was created

the mod probably is outdated thus make the client unable to work

other than that, technical problem

Edited by Harpoon01

31 posts
2,893 battles

judging from the date it was created

the mod probably is outdated thus make the client unable to work

other than that, technical problem

I find an awful lot of parallels to this thread: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/58373-critical-error-no-hardware-rasterisation-device-found/

I am already doing a complete reinstall of the NVIDIA graphics driver, going to see how far I get.

EDIT 1: Payday 2 runs normally again.

EDIT 2: World of Warships at least starts up and I can access the port.

EDIT 3: I can launch a match. So this leaves the mod or the fact that my game froze and was nonresponsive before I shut it down to install the mods.

Edited by Asian_noone

31 posts
2,893 battles

It happened again, just today. This time, I was NOT running any mods; I just slapped on Type 5 Camo on my Myoko before starting a random battle. Naturally, I'd alt-tab to deal with some other tasks while queue is on, but this time I was unable to alt-tab back in. Of course, I force-closed the program from task manager, but then I got this same error when starting World of Warships again. I'm pretty sure my Nvidia drivers were up to date, too.

EDIT: I did my usual reinstalling of graphic drivers, and I decided to load up the game and use the Myoko with type 5 camo... and the match begins. Now this starts to feel really random to me...

Edited by Asian_noone

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

All good advices.

My best will be try to roll back to a good driver if the latest one causes problems. Sometimes, new drivers make our graphics card go nuts and overheat themselves. When installing, untick the 3d stuff, HDMI and experience(if you're not using them anyway). Search google for a proper complete removal of graphics driver, this is specially important if you are rolling back as some driver file might linger and will not be replaced if you install an older driver.

Edited by Deicide

Sign in to follow this