Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

No mention of Armistice Day

14 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

I think that it is disrespectful that there is no mention or recognition of Armistice Day on this server. Probably the greatest and tragic conflict in modern history seems to have gone unnoticed. :facepalm:

Not to mention the events held on the other servers which we here are again forgotten about.

They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.

LEST WE FORGET.

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

neutrality, my friend, neutrality. Think of it at a bigger picture at why WG does not commemorate it, much like how ANZAC did not either.

753 posts
8,965 battles

neutrality, my friend, neutrality. Think of it at a bigger picture at why WG does not commemorate it, much like how ANZAC did not either.

Not sure what you mean be this statement, both the NA and EU servers commemorated it.

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/thisisseriousnojokeurls/

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/special/special-armistice-days/

Also with almost 60,000 Australian and 17,000 New Zealander deaths during this war given the population size of these 2 countries at the time, of course we ANZACS commemorate it. It was during this war at Gallipoli that the ANZAC legend was born. 

753 posts
8,965 battles

WoT already has a special for Remembrance Day. Over here we're commemorating the Naval Battle of Guadalcanal which is appropriate for WoWS.

Not everybody plays WoT and it was appropriate for other WoWS servers to commemorate Remembrance Day so why not this server. What you and others (WG Asia staff included) here have failed to realise is that this day holds great significance to those in countries within in this region that commemorate this day and the fact that once again those responsible for such things have neglected to make any mention of it what so ever.

It is irresponsible and disrespectful IMHO when I see other servers at least make mention of it and for our server to completely ignore it. 

Edited by Trojan63

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
402 posts
15,022 battles

As an ex-serviceman I can tell you I'm sick of this shit. It's like people want to glorify conflict when in reality we should dread it. I'm glad WG have made no mention of it. They did release the Perth on remembrance day and that's enough tribute for me.

Pay your respects privately, observe a minutes silence. Remember. Nothing more needs to be said.

Edited by Bex_o7

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

As an ex-serviceman I can tell you I'm sick of this shit. It's like people want to glorify conflict when in reality we should dread it. I'm glad WG have made no mention of it. They did release the Perth on remembrance day and that's enough tribute for me.

Pay your respects privately, observe a minutes silence. Remember. Nothing more needs to be said.

Paying respect for veterans is glorifying violence ? It's just like how people still pay respect for troops at the end on WW2. Remembrance day is just a day that people pay respect to the armistice between the belligerents and as well as troops on both side.  

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,840 posts
4,138 battles

Well said.   We don't need a game to commemorate events such as this. 

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
402 posts
15,022 battles

Paying respect for veterans is glorifying violence ? It's just like how people still pay respect for troops at the end on WW2. Remembrance day is just a day that people pay respect to the armistice between the belligerents and as well as troops on both side.  

I can see how it's a subjective interpretation, but I am weary of hearing about veterans referred to as heroes. Using the word hero, in my mind, glorifies war. Servicemen, I can assure you, do not see themselves as heroes and have no wish to be called  as such.

If a video game tried to capitalise on something that is deeply sacred to veterans it would not sit well with me. 

753 posts
8,965 battles

It is not about glorifying conflict, it is in memory of those who died or suffered in all wars and armed conflicts. WowS being a game based on war should at least make mention of this solemn day. The other servers did but not this one.

Well said.   We don't need a game to commemorate events such as this. 

the most tragic conflict need to be mentioned?

what happen to your head?

An event as you put it Ralph it is surely not. Harpoon, this happens to fall on the day the war to end all wars ended and as I said, it is in memory of those who died or suffered in all wars and armed conflicts.

Oh and my head is fine but thanks for your concern.

Sign in to follow this