You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AKit

Well Played MM

36 comments in this topic

28 posts
5,475 battles

And whose fault is it to mismatch tiers?

Oh right, because your division has 1 -1 tier ship, let's make the teams with 4 tier difference.

Best logic.

[1-ATF]
Beta Tester
39 posts
4,058 battles

Oh right, because your division has 1 -1 tier ship, let's make the teams with 4 tier difference.

Best logic.

MM ALWAYS treats ALL your ships as being the highest tier present among you. It's not hard to see why you ended up in a T9 game.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Nuff said

Oh Freak! Sorry my bad! lol MM is still doing those wonders. and really needs a fix.

Now I present you what kind of BS I had to face

8bXO6zD.jpg

LexdTaR.jpg

This needs to stop. Sorry for not understanding it. And yeah try to avoid that kinda mistakes (Failed Division) it effects team as well.

And please Mod I'm not shaming anyone please don't give me a ticket or warning.

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

28 posts
5,475 battles

MM ALWAYS treats ALL your ships as being the highest tier present among you. It's not hard to see why you ended up in a T9 game.

The problem is not getting into T9 match. The problem is the total tier difference. Seems not many get the point.

Let say if my division are all 3 T7 ships, it is still 3 T7 dds vs 3 T8 dds. Fair enough?

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,579 battles

Oh Freak! Sorry my bad! lol MM is still doing those wonders. and really needs a fix.

8bXO6zD.jpg

LexdTaR.jpg

This needs to stop. Sorry for not understanding it. And yeah try to avoid that kinda mistakes (Failed Division) it effects team as well.

And please Mod I'm not shaming anyone please don't give me a ticket or warning.

as they say git gud bro

:teethhappy:

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

*Tinfoil hats on*

MM is smart enough to notice your stat & the fact that you're on a division, so they put higher tier ships on the opposing team to achieve balance.

*Tinfoil hats off*

[SXLCE]
40 posts
3,247 battles

MM is smart enough to notice your stat & the fact that you're on a division, so they put higher tier ships on the opposing team to achieve balance.

I'm not saying it's true buuut when I was new, the higher tier ships was on my side. Now, when I'm more competent its on their side. 

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Lol No offence but does that mean Unicum Division should always get balanced??? I mean like because of their stats they should play against +2 counterparts as enemies. To Achieve Balance.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I'm not saying it's true buuut when I was new, the higher tier ships was on my side. Now, when I'm more competent its on their side. 

Lol No offence but does that mean Unicum Division should always get balanced??? I mean like because of their stats they should play against +2 counterparts as enemies. To Achieve Balance.

Well that's why I tinfoil'ed my sentence lol. 

I know WG said that MM doesn't take stats & division into account when balancing team, they always said that.

Because if you think about it, how do you balance lets say, 3 Fletchers division? Obviously you can't have the MM wait for another 3 Fletchers division queuing to balance each other out.

Best thing they'll do is to find 3 more Fletchers in queue. But if it doesn't, it'll just pick whatever ships within the tier range and try making both team equal in quantity. 

And this is why sometimes I'm against divisions in random because of how much impact they'll cause way before the game starts, and MM can't do anything about them.

... except if it did take stats into account. But I honestly have no clue & adequate proof about it. OP case may even be a coincidence that happens to be jarringly obvious.

Personally, I don't mind about it.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Best logic.

You... Clearly can't subtract 6 from 9. The difference is clearly 3.

The fault still lies in your division composition.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Meh, you guys are too soft. Good teammates>ship tier. Back in the day we do 6vs10 and we'd call it a good day.

everybody does

Edited by Deicide

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

4 tier points in weighting difference between the 2 teams.

Take out the mismatched division and it's 3 tier points.

With a +/-2 MM that's well within the bounds of reasonable.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

4 tier points in weighting difference between the 2 teams.

Take out the mismatched division and it's 3 tier points.

With a +/-2 MM that's well within the bounds of reasonable.

​I have to disagree, there is a huge difference in tiers between DD's. Thats like saying in a tier 9 match with 4 bb's on each side they have 1 tier 9 and 3 tier 8 bb's and you have 1 tier 9 and 3 tier 7 bb's. Assuming the opfor knows what they're doing the 7's are going to struggle badly. 1-2 tiers difference is sweet but 3 is a big difference when it's all in the same class of ship. 

What I will say though is that it really only seems to happen when a failed division is in game (and then only rarely) but as WG allows them in game, it's there responsibility to ensure that they have the coding right. To me it just seems like there is a bug which seems to appear only when this event happens. Maybe there are so few failed divisions that they simply haven't been able to replicate it or maybe they're simply saying to these divisions - just don't do it. 

Either way, MM works perfectly fine normally so you just have to accept if you do it, you run the risk of being shafted by MM. 

341 posts
4,020 battles

At least yours is explainable by Division... I was one of only 2 Tier 6 ships in a Tier 8 battle once, Fuso was in Tier 8 the whole of yesterday.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

and whose fault is this bringing tier 6 with tier 7?

and also you should be happy that the enemy consist of 2 IJN DDs, unless you are sucks

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Why do people hate being bottom tier?

You can afford to make mistakes less and thus you learn more about positioning and maneuvering your ship every match.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Why is the purple guy complaining about the match when he is purple and had 100% win rate from 17 battles the day b4??

Also his team has a chapy with radar ?? 

Hmmmm purple guy complaining about MM doesnt compute. 

Beta Tester
10 posts
1,910 battles

To those that don't know what he was refering to it was the fact that MM matched his T7 DD plat with a T8 DD's with his team comprising of more T7 than the opponent team.

Still I believe the colour violet to be the highest tier ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).