You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

T8 Premium ships  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should T8 Premium ships be earned by getting free XP instead of only pure money alone?

• Yes, No newbies for high tier
    • No, Such a terrible ideas

24 comments in this topic

250 posts
13,148 battles

Recently, WG announced about releasing T9 premium ship (USS Missouri) that need exact amount of free XP to get her. For me, this is interesting idea and I looked back at T8 premium ships (Atago, MK, Tirpitz etc.). Many people complain a lot about how newbie players who have no idea how the game works or how to be good at the game (or just play for fun that only let team down). Here is my idea, If only player with some experience (a.k.a. enough free XP) can get these ships. It would be good for both side (New players won't go ragequit because they have no idea how to play those ships and get murdered at first few minutes and experienced players won't be frustrated from those newbie being liability for team. However, it will hurt WG Economics so I never expected that to happen.

I'll leave some of my though here
Advantages

- Prevent players with no clue how to play this game earn high tier ship easily

- New players need to learn how game works to be able to play high tier ships

- Improve overall high tier gameplay (even by small margins)

Disadvantages

- Hurting WG income (by earning free XP is free or need less doubloon to unlock free XP from other elite ships.)

- Grind fest, people need to play a lot or be very good at game to earn enough convert-able free XP for one ship.

- Getting one ship become extremely difficult for casual players with limited playtime

How about your opinion for these ideas (My idea wasn't perfect and maybe some critical factors may lost  from this thread)
P.S: My English wasn't good so you can comment me about that

P.S 2: Feel free to discuss =)

P.s 3: First post ever since i was started this account in OBT

enjoy =)

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Getting one ship become extremely difficult for casual players with limited playtime

IMO this is enough for it to be a terrible idea, since large proportion of the "whales" are not hardcore players like streamers and the likes. 

And secondly, why would WG cut their income when they find the current buy your way to tier8 acceptable. :hiding:

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,283 posts

Something earned feels more rewarding than something simply paid for.

Then again, one can always convert elite exp to free exp.

In any case, I'm Caveat Emptor when it comes to high-tier premiums.

This in a nutshell.

New players will probably not have enough free xp to unlock the Missouri.

But definitely Caveat Emptor.

250 posts
13,148 battles

Something earned feels more rewarding than something simply paid for.

Then again, one can always convert elite exp to free exp.

In any case, I'm Caveat Emptor when it comes to high-tier premiums.

I completely agree with you

I'd rather grind terrible ship than just free XP it and forget their existence. So +1 from me

[LN]
Super Tester
215 posts

I don't know how newbie can do but as a veteran, I'll use my ARP to farm white EXP and then cover to free exp. I hope it doesn't cost so much :(

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

lol
that's the worst idea ever

i would really Fire you if i'm your boss

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
419 posts
4,207 battles

Require a normal ship at least 2 tier lower to be able to purchase them is good enough of a solution for both WG and the community, free exp gonna hurt the sale of the premium ship since it gonna take a while to grind while a tier 6 would actually give players some clue about the hell known as tier 8 and above

250 posts
13,148 battles

lol

that's the worst idea ever

i would really Fire you if i'm your boss

​True enough :hmm: 

but I suppose this kind of implementation might not end up just only Missouri for sure (suppose it was the right move by WG. maybe we will se Musashi or some kind of sekrit dokuments from glorious Soviet Russia)

and I'm not big fan of very high tier premium ships I'd rather earn it via ranked or clan wars reward  

250 posts
13,148 battles

Require a normal ship at least 2 tier lower to be able to purchase them is good enough of a solution for both WG and the community, free exp gonna hurt the sale of the premium ship since it gonna take a while to grind while a tier 6 would actually give players some clue about the hell known as tier 8 and above

​That's another solution I could think about the newbies meta. :) 

I'd prefer only one tier lower though so people can get better knowledge of how to play the specific line such as Atago need people understanding in how to Myoko since the ship itself related to flavor of closest related line or MK might need shchors in order to gain idea how it works to the best.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Hehe I already posted about this but I was kinda rude I guess but Here is my Topic

Players of a certain level must be made available towards those Premium Ships 

Well everyone was neutral to this ^^. I'm still gonna say there should be limitations for players who buy premium ships and play them.

But your Idea is not gonna help the business(my Idea doesn't as well). If players can get premium ships from free xp WG can't earn any profits because already lot of players skip ship grinds like new RN CL tree's Emerald. and I always try to skip stock grind just using free xp. Lot of players have methods to skip several ships and can buy doubloons and convert free xp which is cheap considering the exchange rate. 

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Some sort of restriction on t8 and under premiums has been suggested multiple times.  Although many existing players agree with the sentiment, WG have stated over and over that they will not restrict access.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

​That's another solution I could think about the newbies meta. :) 

I'd prefer only one tier lower though so people can get better knowledge of how to play the specific line such as Atago need people understanding in how to Myoko since the ship itself related to flavor of closest related line or MK might need shchors in order to gain idea how it works to the best.

​The problem with this is that at the end of the day WG is a business and alot of players will start, buy a couple of premium ships and only after then figure out the game isn't for them. With a hold out function WG misses out on a lot of potential business, less business means less improvements to the game which also impacts you as well. IE: in other words these players help to improve the game just as much as an experienced player buying a ship.

However you have to think of premium ships as DLC for this game and every game I've played has it. It's entirely up to you if you buy it. Another game i play in when i'm having a bad run here rolls out DLC every month or so to improve/include to a faction, I don't have to buy the DLC (paid downloaded content) as they also include the FLC (free loaded content - standard update) at the same time but I will still face opponents against me who have brought it. The choice is fully mine as to whether or not i purchase it - however if people didn't buy it the game developers wouldn't get the money for the FLC content which I do benefit from. WG uses Ships as DLC, and maps, missions, improved sound etc as FLC.

So it's all swings and roundabouts. Less ships they sell, less money they'll invest in it. Less investment means a poorer gaming experience.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Shit, now I need to buy the painted Hipper before some sort of restriction is applied. Have all the other T8 s already.

​I have to admit I'll probably end up buying the PE as well..... Now i have the Bismark it just seems weird not having her along for the ride as well. O crap that means I should also have the Scharnhorst, my G's sister ship.....

Darn

[LN]
Super Tester
215 posts

Well, this thread make me remember when WG sold gold ammor by a big credits in WoT, then, a lot of players buy credits pack and premium pack :trollface:

250 posts
13,148 battles

Hehe I already posted about this but I was kinda rude I guess but Here is my Topic

Well everyone was neutral to this ^^. I'm still gonna say there should be limitations for players who buy premium ships and play them.

But your Idea is not gonna help the business(my Idea doesn't as well). If players can get premium ships from free xp WG can't earn any profits because already lot of players skip ship grinds like new RN CL tree's Emerald. and I always try to skip stock grind just using free xp. Lot of players have methods to skip several ships and can buy doubloons and convert free xp which is cheap considering the exchange rate. 

​Very interesting, will read it later on after I finished my works

about my idea I just hope for better solution (sure not perfect and might hurts balance between WG and customers but we can only watch the scenarios till the time comes)

250 posts
13,148 battles

Some sort of restriction on t8 and under premiums has been suggested multiple times.  Although many existing players agree with the sentiment, WG have stated over and over that they will not restrict access.

​Thanks for reply, this is only my observation about how the game might go in some certain ways (which somehow uncertain whether it's good or bad)

250 posts
13,148 battles

​The problem with this is that at the end of the day WG is a business and alot of players will start, buy a couple of premium ships and only after then figure out the game isn't for them. With a hold out function WG misses out on a lot of potential business, less business means less improvements to the game which also impacts you as well. IE: in other words these players help to improve the game just as much as an experienced player buying a ship.

However you have to think of premium ships as DLC for this game and every game I've played has it. It's entirely up to you if you buy it. Another game i play in when i'm having a bad run here rolls out DLC every month or so to improve/include to a faction, I don't have to buy the DLC (paid downloaded content) as they also include the FLC (free loaded content - standard update) at the same time but I will still face opponents against me who have brought it. The choice is fully mine as to whether or not i purchase it - however if people didn't buy it the game developers wouldn't get the money for the FLC content which I do benefit from. WG uses Ships as DLC, and maps, missions, improved sound etc as FLC.

So it's all swings and roundabouts. Less ships they sell, less money they'll invest in it. Less investment means a poorer gaming experience.

I did support the dev (though many problems seem untouched and some begin to acts like [content removed].) I understand how hard to balancing between veterans and brand new players need. But this thread goal is discuss about premium ship requirement (yes, Missouri comes with different one) and I believe if this sale is a success move for WG, we might see another one come with this requirements as well.

Inappropriate (Cancer). Post edited. User sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking