You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Monolith_Preacher

New WG Clan system?!

45 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
266 posts
3,486 battles

Upon the introduction of the new clan portal.. I saw something that made me jump off my seat

http://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/pc-browser/21/introducing-the-new-clan-portal/

from the second paragraph..

From this point onwards, clans will be present in all Wargaming MMO titles, similar to Premium Accounts and Gold. This means you'll be carrying the same clan name and tag across all three games, battling with the same clanmates and fighting to increase the same clan treasure amount no matter which game you may be in at any moment.

one of the reasons why I did my best to get early to the game was to secure a place for my clan's extension for the game. I even prepared gold lol. But then, this news came in!

However, the only disadvantage that I can see is that, some people wants to join another clan in WoWs but remain with their original clan in WoT. 

lastly, since WoWs clan system ain't out yet, i have this feeling that things might still subjected to change. For the WG clan system in general

slightly offtopic question:

Is it true that Free exp in WoT might be usable in other games like WoWp and WoWs aside from gold and prem subscription?

Edited by Kotono_Amaha

Beta Tester
142 posts
2,615 battles

WG has been wanting to unify all 3 games together in some form or another from quite a while ago. So if you've stopped playing World of Tanks - I suppose you can just leave the old WoT clan and form a new clan which just focuses on WoWS.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

However, the only disadvantage that I can see is that, some people wants to join another clan in WoWs but remain with their original clan in WoT.

This issue already cropped up over when WoWP clans were introduced not too long ago. However, since I'm not a part of any clan on either NA or ASIA I didn't really look much into it.

Gold and Premium account is going to be shared across games as part of the WG Unified account. Free XP may or may not be shared for WoWS because the devs said something about the progression being different, but it is definitely shared between WoT and WoWP. Sharing credits is very unlikely because of the vast differences in economy structure, and wasn't done for WoWP either.

Beta Tester
65 posts
397 battles

If they make it mandatory to be in one unified clan for all 3 games then its going to be a big problem. I'm a clan commander in WoT but I'd like to join a different clan with my friends when WoWS starts. They should give us the option to either start with our existing clan or join a new clan.

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

If they make it mandatory to be in one unified clan for all 3 games then its going to be a big problem. I'm a clan commander in WoT but I'd like to join a different clan with my friends when WoWS starts. They should give us the option to either start with our existing clan or join a new clan.

^this

lel if this kind of system was not implemented yet, was planning for my main account to join nauf's clan............or I hope this will change later on....hue...

Free XP may or may not be shared for WoWS because the devs said something about the progression being different, but it is definitely shared between WoT and WoWP. Sharing credits is very unlikely because of the vast differences in economy structure, and wasn't done for WoWP either.

wwwhhhhyyyyyy?! ppleeeasse free exp should be included......already stocked up a lot on it on WoT for the purpose of this..........:angry: (I hope they do change back to their original plan)

:honoring:

Edited by GeneralPaps

Beta Tester
142 posts
2,615 battles

A pretty good compromise would be if they allowed you to be an officer/leader of just one clan, but you can be a regular member in one other clan.

Some MMOs I've come across have a similar system to that, so people aren't boxed in just to one community.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Realistically though, do the average player actually have time to commit to more than one clan (competively, not socially)? I find it hard enough to commit to more than just one game or server even though I'm playing casually, much less being in a clan.

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

Realistically though, do the average player actually have time to commit to more than one clan (competively, not socially)?

the answer....yep they can't...

(but us here are not average players though) :teethhappy:

:honoring:

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Quite simply if it does go ahead as many have suggested then I'll be building a new sub-clan for the TIDMADT group and those that are WoWS focused will move to that.

IMO forcing cross title clan membership and control doesn't work.  Tankers have a different focus to Sailors and Pilots.  

Each group will want/need their own command and control setup for CW etc.

Beta Tester
65 posts
397 battles

I just want to stay in my current clan in WoT since I'm the commander there. No use in having to make my current clan in WoWS since many of my members aren't interested in ships. So I just prefer to use this same account on WoWS but on a different clan. Also, my WoT clan is a non-CW clan. We're just casual players that don't have time to do CW due to IRL issues.

Give us the option whether we want to keep our current clans or just move to a new one. If not then fine. I'll just create another account solely for WoWS. It will be a nuisance to switch between accounts when I post in forums or buy premium items but if its what WG wants then so be it.

Edited by Xiee

Beta Tester
142 posts
2,615 battles

So the fleet of fog is going to take over wows? :p

All I know is that, when I fire my main battery when the game goes gold - I will probably hit someone that's in one of the ten (or more) Kancolle clans. It's going to be a race to see which person, or persons will get to name their clan "Kancolle" or "Kantai Collection" - better have that 2,500 gold ready.

Alpha Tester
266 posts
3,486 battles

So the fleet of fog is going to take over wows? :p

It was our true home..

this time, i would try new approach. Mixing both management aspects of muh good ol' NJG1 and the Fog :trollface:

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

All I know is that, when I fire my main battery when the game goes gold - I will probably hit someone that's in one of the ten (or more) Kancolle clans. It's going to be a race to see which person, or persons will get to name their clan "Kancolle" or "Kantai Collection" - better have that 2,500 gold ready.

Name it now and claim it before it goes live :-P

[DOSH]
Beta Tester
133 posts
212 battles

While it doesn't really bother me, aka casual gamer. I can't even begin to think about how being limited to one clan with limited numbers stretched across three games.

Even then if players wanted to be competitive in each it would really cut down your roster. I can't imagine it would be very fun either if you where the only one from your WoT clan who played WoWS and didn't want to leave your friends in WoT just to be able to belong to a group in WoWS.

Alpha Tester
265 posts

Since it is going to be a unified clan system. I think its already been taken.

Alpha Tester
2,046 posts
277 battles

Good thing the clan I'm making ain't Kancolle or FOG or anything related with animu ships.

Beta Tester
142 posts
2,615 battles

Good thing the clan I'm making ain't Kancolle or FOG or anything related with animu ships.

What's the theme of your fleet going to be?