You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
InterconKW

Day One Disaster

9 comments in this topic

341 posts
4,039 battles

Finally, after a month of continuous work, I finally managed to get back to World of Warships...

and, well, everything went terribly.

It started well. I tried out DDs again for the first time in 6 months. First random battle and top of the leaderboard. 

This was promptly followed by 2 rounds of absolute potato teams with players who would leave the capture point when it was almost entirely captured, thus losing the game, followed by a 3 destroyer division that camped the border of a cap even though they outnumbered enemies there 3 to 1, then proceeded to all die. :facepalm: OK, understandable. You can't win them all. 

So I try cruisers. I NEED HELP at cruisers, specifically, Neon Myoko and other IJN heavies. I understand angling and aiming and all, but I have no clue where to position myself or when to engage or the general cruiser strategy at all. Now I would have been entirely willing to learn... had the game not crashed, suffered some error and allowed me to sit still in spawn until killed. And it all goes downhill...

Battleships? Fuso in Tier 8, twice, including crashing and spawning dead AGAIN. Never had this happening so often before...

Back to Wakatake. Crashed and spawned dead AGAIN (losing count of how many times I have not proved myself in the battle)

Time to sit out in co-op and shake the salt off. Welcome back me. :teethhappy:

(bit of a rant but not actually that mad about it- feels bad being a noob again)

(give heavy cruiser strategy please)

Super Tester
7,577 posts
8,001 battles

Welcome back.

When you are playing cruisers, always keep an eye on every battleship you can see. And at the beginning of the game, try not to go in a place where there are enemies on your both sides.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

General Cruiser planning were :

avoid sailing alone,

avoid disadvantageous fight (or even avoid fair fight if u can, fight as dirty, dishonest, and as unfair as possible - this include stealh firing, utilize superior number, firing from smoke (hijacking friendly smoke if necesary), firing behind island, radar from behind the island, keep track when other ship you not targeting use Damage control and join the fun in burning him (switch target)) 

pick location of fight carefully (generaly places that block majority of opponent line of sight, so you can only be engaged by only 1 or 2 ship at a time aka use terrain for cover)

Edited by humusz

341 posts
4,039 battles

So at the start of the game I should just sail with the others and find a good position?

You probably know the "death turn" performed by ships approaching the enemy who now need to swing around and retreat, and expose broadside in the process? I find it incredibly risky in a cruiser and did in fact dev-strike an Aoba that was attempting the move yesterday. What is the range that it is safer to be broadside on to enemies and are there alternatives to performing a "death turn" if forced into that position?

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

So at the start of the game I should just sail with the others and find a good position?

You probably know the "death turn" performed by ships approaching the enemy who now need to swing around and retreat, and expose broadside in the process? I find it incredibly risky in a cruiser and did in fact dev-strike an Aoba that was attempting the move yesterday. What is the range that it is safer to be broadside on to enemies and are there alternatives to performing a "death turn" if forced into that position?

the hard part of the cruiser advance and retreat is knowing when to make that turn - too early and you cut down on your damage potential, too late and you are a critadetonation waiting to happen

341 posts
4,039 battles

Well, it's not looking good. Back on Fuso and literally just got another dev-strike on a cruiser trying to pull away...

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

critadetonation

:great:

also welkom back. you might want to play the game in week days, not in week end where the aount of fun players is overly suplied.....

Super Tester
7,577 posts
8,001 battles

Yes, like humusz said, do not go alone, you can turn when enemy is dealing with some other ship. Also, if you need to do death turn too often, it means you went to wrong direction or you already have over extended and regretting it. For some cases, you better just keep going in, take whom ever you can with you, and do as much damage as possible because if you die in the process of turning away, that is not helpful either.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

if you with team, and not overextended that much. you can just bow in and reverse. wait till you go into stealh. then do the turn. Certain Cruiser can suprisingly very very durable when bow on, and most battleship player dont like firing on such target if other target better were available. if you too close to the enemy team, well just charge and die honrobu death - overagression sometimes can poke opening in enemy formation, but most of the times its just result in uhhh.. casual feed

If you use terrain well, there should be limited number of enemy that can engage u, usualy its 30s window betwenn salvo is enough to make the turn. its risky manuver, which involved game of  patience betwen u and the batleship. as your xperience grow, the opening for such a case will presented to you naturaly

Edited by humusz