You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Teostra

Blyskawica HE Damage

29 comments in this topic

295 posts
6,613 battles

i never win against Blyskawica in a knife fight unless i got lucky with torpedo hit, why Blyskawica has high damage like 3k every salvo to my kiev when in stats their HE damage is just 100 more than kiev? what i did wrong?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Poblems with Kiev is not you have disadvantage with DPM or damage per shot since 130mm is rock solid and able to do same dmg or higher with no problems and not prone dmg reduction to armor like 120mm on Blys.

The main problems lies in your HP, as current patch Kiev HP is really low and no way you can trad anyone in knife fight you going to ended up die first 9/10 times (if both player have same amount of skill)

And since Blys is equally good in term of long range gunnery (unlike USN DDs) so you cant increase the range and use your shell velocity to out gun Blys like you can do with USN.

So yea Blys is really some ship that Kiev cant easily mess with and you mostly will be in a disadvantage when engage with Blys so you need to out smart Blys with either DD tactics or just let teammate take care it for you.    

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,884 battles

Blyskawica has 7 guns, you only have 6. That one more gun is where your damage got outmatched. Also yeah like Melon said, the HP is really heavy in favour of Blyskawica. 

PS: You are not suppose to knife fight with Kiev anyway

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Imagine i have to fight Blys after Blys during previous rank season with SIMS !!!!

> me cry deeply

> No Blys No life

but blys have shitty turret traverse. sims can pound them hard in CQC.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

but blys have shitty turret traverse. sims can pound them hard in CQC.

> Blys use speed boost !!

> Blys increase range it super effective !!

> Sims cannot catch up !!!

> Sims get pound at10km+

> Sims die, Blys win

I still stand my ground Blys is clearly a better ship at T7 and 200m higher concealment is not a real world disadvantage.

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

38 posts
3,810 battles

B-b-but Kiev has secondaries, and with AFT it goes up to 6km range.:ohmy:

Clearly, it is obvious which is the better CQC ship here.:trollface:

671 posts
1,508 battles

B-b-but Kiev has secondaries, and with AFT it goes up to 6km range.:ohmy:

Clearly, it is obvious which is the better CQC ship here.:trollface:

B-b-but Błyska has the power of Kurwa Mac!

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,507 battles

> Blys use speed boost !!

> Blys increase range it super effective !!

> Sims cannot catch up !!!

> Sims get pound at10km+

> Sims die, Blys win

I still stand my ground Blys is clearly a better ship at T7 and 200m higher concealment is not a real world disadvantage.

In a 1 on 1 deathmatch where Sims decides to fire back at long range, yes... but you know that was not the case.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,884 battles

Mahan B hull theoritically can outfight Blys in close range but good luck trying to do that, you gotta hope the Blyskawica is an Honorabru person who took up the duel invitation 

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles

Blyska can invisifire, right from the start. Slap a 15 pt captain on her with DE and CE, everything melts. Including DDs. The only thing Blyska is really bad at is the handling department. She slides a lot and doesn't wiggle much. If you want to do some cool torpedo beat, many times you will end up sliding into the torp which would not be the case with other DDs. Also the acceleration is pathetic. Even a Murmansk has a better ruddershift response than blyska. For some reason, I cannot make good exp in blyska. I always get a lot more in even shittier games with Sims.

414 posts
9,259 battles

No,

Sims can easily match Blyska CQC, as long as the sims player started to shoot from the detection range (6,6km with CE). Blyska can't turn like sims and not very agile as sims, so that sims can dodge her shells while Blyska (usually) can't. Even though I only have 13800 health while blyska has 15500, usually Blyska tends to run away because he knows Sims can match Blyska by reload time (3.0s vs 5.9s), unless the Blyska player uses SE so he has 18300 health, I dont really want to mess him up. But you can try to perma spot him so your allies can shoot at him, then you can finish him in in a health you considered safe enough to knivefight.

Conclusion: Sims is god of cqc and Blyska is best at long range gunnery. Kiev is a gunboat, but don't dare to knivefight with these two, your job is much like Blyska at long-range gunnery to larger ships (BBs, CAs)

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles

Imo, Sims and Blyska both are great cap contestant. Because most of the cap fights take place from one cap border to the opposite side, Blyska has an edge there. But if you get too close of Sims in Blyska, you better hope to detonate him. I use SE on both Sims and Blyska. On the other hand, Kiev and Lelingrad is great cap support as long as they maintain their distance from enemy support CA. Hatsu is only good for pushing back enemy support, unless someone drives into the torps, hard to be useful in cap if the enemy is USN dd.

You can also ask your CV to take out Blyska, one of the easiest DD to kill in CV, much easier than killing a Sims with her broken turn radius.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Imo, Sims and Blyska both are great cap contestant. Because most of the cap fights take place from one cap border to the opposite side, Blyska has an edge there. But if you get too close of Sims in Blyska, you better hope to detonate him. I use SE on both Sims and Blyska. On the other hand, Kiev and Lelingrad is great cap support as long as they maintain their distance from enemy support CA. Hatsu is only good for pushing back enemy support, unless someone drives into the torps, hard to be useful in cap if the enemy is USN dd.

You can also ask your CV to take out Blyska, one of the easiest DD to kill in CV, much easier than killing a Sims with her broken turn radius.

What a OP Unicum ST comment...

I feel like noob :(

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,309 battles

I feel like noob 

Strong Blyska players will keep a distance to their advantage and take you out as USN DD rainbow arc feels like forever to land. Getting too close to either Sims or Mahan, they can quickly turn the tide against u due to RoF. 

Leningrad is definitely better than Kiev due to larger HP pool and better torp range. Even Ognevoi also felt more enjoyable due to larger HP pool 

Edited by AkaNoPoi

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles

I feel like noob :(

Stop mocking me. I am not good in Blyska like you Unicum Rank 1 players..... :(

Blyska cost real money, so much wow

just used to it :D

Blyska is not pay 2 win, that is the Sims.

Edited by icy_phoenix

414 posts
9,259 battles

Sims is the true P2W since she melts any DDs in the same tier (yes, including Leningrad) in close quarter. And like I said before, its hard to kill Sims because she has the second best detection range after Hatsuharu in T7 and you'll most likely be spotted first before you know she's there. Based on my experience in Sims, I usually bait people to fight close-range or perma spot someone so that he can be finished by my teammates.

Idk about Blyska much since I've just bought her few days ago and only has around 8 games. But I got a feeling that this ship is more into long range gunnery and not supposed to close quarter combat. 8% fire chance is good enough to burn some BBs (11% with DE) when he can't do much about you.

211 posts
9,931 battles

Tried fighting the Blyskawica bow on? its about the only circumstance i've had a Kiev trade decently with my Blyska'

Presenting a smaller target the dispersion can help mitigate those 3k salvo's, if the Blyska' wants to bring all its guns to bear it will giving a nice easy broadside to aim at.

Or counter poke it, get close enough to detect it when she fires, pump out a few salvo's for damage and disengage. rinse and repeat. even if you don't kill it you will be hard countering it.

That being said just don't straight up duel with it IMO, you need support, its more threatening to destroyers than it is to anything else.