Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
XP_On

2016 MM meta - good or bad?

31 comments in this topic

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

First of all this is a thread of my personal opinion based on my personal experience. so feel free to agree or disagree me.

i have play this game since last year, since August 2015-May 2016 most of the tier i had been playing was a tier 5 match. back in those time, i often got a tier 4 or even a tier 3 match.at that time i do feel playing is fun becuase we can easily club face other ship and win. Our current MM made the tier 5 almost always face a tier 7 match. at first i tought it was because the tier 4 is protected. but then when i play tier 7, i get a tier 9 match and when i bring my tier 8, I even face that Meanie Yamato... so i guess the MM really like to make me into a bottom tier in a match. no matter what tier i am using ( excet if i using a tier 10- which i dont even have at the moment) Some member keep yelling, throwing salt about this current MM. while some defend it and say it more challenging and sometimes you do get a MM where you are the top  tier.

Curently i am grinding a tier 6 cruiser, tier 7 batleship and destroyer, tier 8 batleship and cruiser. and guess what, in term of experience, i prefer whenever i am in bottom tier. Stupid? Crazy? well no! For me, when i am a bottom tier, i dont really depend on how good my teammates was. even if i lost the game, as long as i gave all my best, i will get a decent amount of XP, why? well melon reveal to me that my xp is depend on how many damage i dealt to someone HP (the % of his total HP) and how much the tier differential between me and the ship i damaged.

The teammates is a problem that been here for long time and will always been. this is a free multiplayer game, many people paly this game with diferent goals and playstyle. so i think that instead of blaming them, why not focusing on hone my skill and become better in WoWs. better aim, better map and situational awearness..

In term of grinding a new ship and collecting as much xp as i can, i am gratefull for the current Meta where Wargaming gave us a chance to screw a higher tier ship. Shooting a Shimakaze in my Takao.... burning a North Cal using Cleveland..... cap contest between Sims vs Fubuki ....it all fun...and gave me tons of XP. and by keep playing as bottom tier, i feel that my skill is better and better... also the game still gave you play as top tier sometimes, and when you get that chance, You can have fun by deleting other ship... just like a poor wyoming in a tier 7 match yesterday that I manage to 1 shot him :P

Right now if WG gave us a poll and the question is :"should we revert back MM into the old way?" i will definitely say that i love the current MM.  I know the current MM should be fix into a better meta but i think the +2 tier is kinda fun. if a match only consist of same tier like a rank battle, it will become boring, because most people will bring 1 Op ship on that tier..

Maybe i am the only player who dont hate Wargaming for the current MM, maybe this thread is silly but i still on my believe that World of warship is a fun game to play, so instead of focusing any weakness, i will try to find some positives things that available... And if one day i will think that playing WoWs become a burden and too stressfull, then i will quit playing. but until that time, i will always sails into the sea of world of warships. no matter if it was +2 tier, or only my team is lack 1 DD i will keep playing and have as many fun as i can.

Division with some player make my life as a player become so much wonderfull, so to all player who had div up with me in the past and will do it in the future, thank you again fow allowing me to be your Division mate.. :honoring: the honor is mine!

Looking foward to sail with you guys again.... 

Beta Tester
106 posts
2,843 battles

"should we revert back MM into the old way?"

What old way? The one with +-3 tier spread and asymmetrical CVs? No, thanks.

Personally, I have no problem with current MM except for tier 5 ships. Being bottom tier in 8 out of 10 battles is tiring.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

The teammates is a problem that been here for long time and will always been. this is a free multiplayer game, many people paly this game with diferent goals and playstyle. so i think that instead of blaming them, why not focusing on hone my skill and become better in WoWs. better aim, better map and situational awearness..

^^^ THIS ^^^

Casual player deserved their fun and have nothing to do with hardcore player and all who care about WR%

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
465 posts
9,889 battles

I'd say no, because the poor tier 3 didn't deserve this. Tier 5 met tier 7 often because WG keep releasing tier 7 premiums and ARP Myoukou series which makes the tier 7 population boomed while tier 5 doesn't have enough population now because of the unfavorable matchmaking

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

The problem is that a number of ships are poorly equipped to deal with higher tiers, like Omahas, slow BB (esp Warspite) and such.

I don't mind getting +2 in my Atago or Scharnhorst though, and my Kutuzov still shat on T10 cuz smoke. :hiding:

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Feel sorry for those just starting out the game and still grinding at tier 5....if i am a new player,  I think I will be put if by being constantly being bottom tier.  Veteran players don't really care.  We have already gone over that stage and have experience to boot. I don't see how WG expects newer players to play this game long term if this continues honestly . 

82 posts
2,960 battles

This IS a major turn off for new players. The shock will be too frustrating. Getting used to the spoiled tier spread then getting thrown in a t7 match where a single mistake/16 inch can wreck a mistakeful newbie

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

This IS a major turn off for new players. The shock will be too frustrating. Getting used to the spoiled tier spread then getting thrown in a t7 match where a single mistake/16 inch can wreck a mistakeful newbie

Feel sorry for those just starting out the game and still grinding at tier 5....if i am a new player,  I think I will be put if by being constantly being bottom tier.  Veteran players don't really care.  We have already gone over that stage and have experience to boot. I don't see how WG expects newer players to play this game long term if this continues honestly . 

​I totally agree, yes it's okay for those who are experienced enough to enjoy the challenge but for the game to grow it needs players to get past tier 4. The current Meta definitely works against this.

Hopefully it'll go the way of WoTBlitz who opted for the +1/-1 as there game has seen bit improvements and player satisfaction since it occurred.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

​I totally agree, yes it's okay for those who are experienced enough to enjoy the challenge but for the game to grow it needs players to get past tier 4. The current Meta definitely works against this.

Hopefully it'll go the way of WoTBlitz who opted for the +1/-1 as there game has seen bit improvements and player satisfaction since it occurred.

We'll need to get War Gaming's attention though. Unless you want to start a massive thread, they won't listen

203 posts
11,795 battles

My concern with current MM is the population of tier 5-6. Player skills aside here's the stuff.

I used to see a lot of tier 5-6 around with my tier 7 stuff like I'm with some tier 7 in that match while others are tier 5 or 6 right now its opposite. Its a sea of top tiers - mid tier and those bottom tiers just look around and think to themselves "why am I here". I don't mind being bottom tiers facing some+2 higher tiers but against mostly+2 is too much.

New players will suffer the most when they make it to tier 5.

Div up with tier 5 CV or Play tier 4 or lower to take a break from +2mm.

I agree with pref mm for tier 3 power creep is just too high for them to handle as a bottom tiers against tier 5.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
465 posts
9,889 battles

This is just my speculation, but newer player are more likely to get matched against newer player which is tier 4 and 5, sure they will get matched to 7 from time to time but not as often as veteran players.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

his is just my speculation, but newer player are more likely to get matched against newer player which is tier 4 and 5, sure they will get matched to 7 from time to time but not as often as veteran players.

the protection only for tier 1-3, 

1,126 posts

There's survey about MM subject to 'ship lineup' in your e-mail right now, go answer them to help WG improve it.

----------------------

IMO

in first 4 tier, MM should take 'service record level' into considered to help separate new player form seasoned one.

it work both way, new player see seasoned player play same ship same stat but incredibly more effective, they may watch&learn a few thing.

in opposite, that turn new player into seasoned player food too.

Edited by PGM991

[SXLCE]
40 posts
3,307 battles

Omaha is one of the worst ship I have ever played because of this matchmaking. I can't bear the grind. Every T6/T7 BB autocitadel you from any angle. It's so frustrating.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

being a tier 8 and get thrown into high tier match agaist tier 9 and 10? u can get tons of XP

iPjonYq.jpg

v5rKKYa.jpg

Edited by XP_On

435 posts
6,169 battles

One thing that needles me with MM in dominion mode is 3 vs 2 destroyers. Straight away the team with 3 DDs can get the cap advantage, an uncontested cap. I do not understand WG logic to give one team an advantage over another, same for 2 vs 1 DDs.

DDs different tallies are ok for standard battle (and the corresponding BBs) but not in dominion mode or at least in dominion for DDs tallies lower than 3, DDs tallies should be equal with numbers at 3 and lower.

This is the kind of stuff that gives rise to speculation.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

38 posts
2,897 battles

Tier 7 is awesome now, tier 5, not so much. Aside from these two, I'm indifferent to the tier spread. The current MM gets a thumb up for equal CV spread (who plays CV nowadays ...) 

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Omaha is one of the worst ship I have ever played because of this matchmaking. I can't bear the grind. Every T6/T7 BB autocitadel you from any angle. It's so frustrating.

It's the same with Murmansk you know :trollface:

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

well, with a new premium BB , those who play tier 7 might get thrown into a full tier 9 MM :P

[AUSNZ]
33 posts
10,026 battles

I think the issue is tier 5/6 is where the real grind for the next tier starts wrt XP and therefore, MM dealing a +2 tier match is making the grind that much more difficult.  I have said previously that this game is all about having fun, and with the current MM tier 5 and sometimes tier 6, this is no longer fun.  This will ultimately result in people moving on because playing the game is no longer FUN!!!

1 post

Lately the MM is shockingly bad, I mean no excuse bad. 

I have no idea what Wargaming is doing but almost every game I'm on lately my team is lucky to kill ONE player on the opposing side before the whole team is dead. 

It is seriously that one sided and bad. I regret buying a couple of tanks over xmas because I won't be playing (nor buying) anymore as this is just not at all fun.

Sign in to follow this