Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
streetskills1234

Best build for German BB?

15 comments in this topic

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Same as with all other BBs.

Skills

Tier I - BFT (Having better secondaries + AA is very useful due to the frontliner type of playstyle)

Tier II - Wildcard, for me it's Fire Prevention (Fire Prevention is more of a placebo than anything, however the other skills aren't much better)

Tier III - Superintendent (+1 Heal makes the difference between sinking and winning the game)

Tier IV - AFT (Even better secondaries + AA)

Tier V - I wouldn't use a tier V skill, but rather grab other low tier skills.

1.) Basics of Survivability

2.) High Alert

3.) Expert Loader

Modules

- Main Armaments mod. 1

- Secondary Battery mod. 2

- Damage Control System mod. 1

- Steering Gears mod. 2

Flags

- India Delta (It grants +20% health regenerated per use of the Repair Crew in the same amount of time, i.e. the health ticks faster, very useful for clutch situations)

- Sierra Mike (+5% speed is great on a brick in the water)

- November Foxtrot (-5% reload time to consumables, against those fire breathing cruisers)

- November Echo Setteseven (Starting at tier IV, makes the AA even better than it already is)

- Mike Yankee Soxisix (Secondaries are great on these ships, even the smallest buff can be vital)

- India Yankee (See November Foxtrot)

- Mag Det flag if you're paranoid

- Juliet Yankee Bissotwo if you're bad at dodging torpedoes

Consumables

Premium consumables for both slots, you're going to be up front, ships are going to shoot you... a lot.

With both premium Repair and Damage Control you're much more likely to survive even the fiercest attacks.

Edited by Retia

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

Secondary guns is the best GERMAN GUNS! 

You can get both secondary guns and AA too

AFT-ME(i have no choice)-SI(more heal)-AFT and manual secondary guns 

173 posts
5,332 battles

Depends on your play style.

Aggressive: Go secondary build all the way.

BoS, Expert Marksman, High Alert or Superintendent, AFT, Manual Secondaries.

For modules, get all that benefit the secondaries + Damage Con1 and 2 + Concealment.

Not so aggresive? Wary of CVs?  Accuracy build.

Go for Manual AA instead of AFT, Concealment instead of Manual Secondaries

For modules, go for main battery accuracy/reload modules and rudder shift + concealment.

For Kaiser, Konig, Bayern and Gneisenau, i suggest go with the latter. For Bismarck, go full secondaries

Edited by KirstieBeau

563 posts
4,686 battles

Overall I recommend secondaries spec captain (BFT, EM, SI, AFT, MFCS)

*In t6 below ship, manual AA or CE is better than MFCS

*Also in t10 CE looks better than MFCS

Upgrade for t7 and below ship I recommend: MAM1,ASM1,DCM1,DCM2(t6)

For t8+ I recommend:

MAM1,SAM1,DCM1,SGM1,CM1 for t9+ module use the reload buff

Keep in mind that the secondaries start being a reliable damage dealer only after manual secondaries.

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

I went secondaries all the way.
BFT

Expert Marksmen (because why not make something great, better?)
Vigilance (rather dodge damage than try and mitigate it)
AFT

Manual secondary control for their accuracy (382 secondary hits, FTW)

Had those from the Konig up (retrained Tirpitz Captain, wasnt wasting doubloons on training him to Nassau or Kaiser either). Even with the lower to mid tier ships, it was still a lol-fest, especially with the Gneisenau. I dont sit at the back of the map like so many pansies out there that believe "i have range, i must use it", you dont know fun until youve charged down two battleships, a cruiser, a destroyer, torp'd the BBs, citadel'd the cruiser into oblivion and secondaried the DD to death like furiously kicking a puppy (horribly analogy, but works well in the context)

Edited by Cyanide7662

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Secondary build

BFT

Expert Marksman
Super Intendent
AFT
Manual Secondaries

AA Build
BFT
Expert Marksman
Super Intendent
AFT
Manual AA
BoS

Tanky Build
BoS
Expert Marksman or Fire Prevention

Super Intendent
AFT
Jack of all Trade

199 posts
18,023 battles

Secondary build

BFT

Expert Marksman

Super Intendent

AFT

Manual Secondaries

AA Build

BFT

Expert Marksman

Super Intendent

AFT

Manual AA

BoS

Tanky Build

BoS

Expert Marksman or Fire Prevention

Super Intendent

AFT

Jack of all Trade

​What do you mean by tanky build ? First time I see this mod . 

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

BoS/BFT - BFT has a negligible impact of only 10% in comparison to the 15% DoT damage duration reduction. Fire is ever-present in every match while secondaries are situational and carriers aren't always present.

EM/FP - Deutschland lubricated turrets don't need extra turret traverse compared to other nations. Your choice.

SI/VI - Superintendent is universal due to possessing an extra heal, but VI gives you more time to react to torpedoes.

AFT - Best choice unless you intend to keep a dedicated captain for Char.

MS/CE - Manual secondaries make for great area denial and Concealment Expert allows you to get closer to your targets.

Take the secondary battery range upgrade, as well as rudder shift time reduction and a choice of concealment/target acquisition.

Target acquisition + Vigilance is similar to having a permanent inferior sonar, with the added bonus of also buffing your sonar- At the cost of getting discovered earlier.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I've been playing german BBs extensively and, as far as my experience goes, German BB's only acceptable playstyle is at close range as they have terrible long range/sniping capability and are severely outclassed in that regards.

And thus the only acceptable build for me is the secondary build. Start training your captain in that direction and by the time it reaches Bismarck you'll see the result.

I: BFT(staple for 2ndary builds)
II: Expert Marksman(Staple for BBs)

III: Superintendent(Highly recommended for secondary builds for its additional heal)
IV: AFT(Of course)
V: Manual FIre Control(Do take note that taking this skill will make your secondaries completely manual thus you need to be alert and manually target ships at 10.6 km or they wont fire)
I: BoS(after getting tier 5)

Equipment.
Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1(So your little guns don't die out from HE spams and make your build useless)

Secondary Battery Modification 2 (of course)
Damage Control System Modification 1

Damage Control System Modification 2(For better survivability. Remember you'll be close and personal most of the time as a secondary build)
Target Acquisition System Modification 1 or Concealment System Modification 1(depends on your taste. I prefer acquisition as I love hunting unsuspecting DDs)

Edited by Deicide

119 posts
2,073 battles

Hi,recently got an interest in German BBs. I would like to know what are the best captain skills,starting from a T1 skill all the way to T5. Also what are the best equipment modules? Thx

This basically explains how to play all german non premium BB's - minus the torps etc etc :)

435 posts
6,169 battles

My Grober Kurfurst secondary’s build

Equipment

1 Main Battery Modification 1

2 Secondary Battery Modification 2        

3 Main Battery Modification 3                    (only non- secondary’s build option)      

4 Damage Control System Modification 1

5 Steering Gears Modification 2

6 Concealment System Modification 1   

Captain 18pts

1 Basic Firing Training

2 Expert Marksman

3 High Alert and Superintendent

4 Advanced Firing Training

5 Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament

Equipment slot 3, just recently I was locked into a tight turning circle to the death with another GK and the faster loading time won the day (ha-ha sucker). Because of this scenario and similar 1 on 1 engagements this mod come first.

Equipment slot 5, at range I uses manoeuvrability for defence and it’s so hard for hostiles to make contact, even HE firebugs. Numberless Yamato shells just splash down beside me.    

Equipment slot 6, I prefer concealment in the beginning of the match so as to keep aggressors in the dark to where I am, also with only 20km range the GK needs to move up first to get within range and it also helps if you need to retreat and repair.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

Sign in to follow this