You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

War Gaming, What's with the Kawachi ?

16 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

War gaming, what the hell is wrong with the Kawachi ? Guns are shit, I struggle to do more than 15k damage per game because of how "balanced" her dispersion is. Again War Gaming, why ? Who was the person that decided to give the Kawachi worst dispersion than a 2 years old kid shooting a gun ?

Edited by silenthunter19944

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Eh, same experience here, but I kinda got used to it after a while. It's not very fun to play, but it more or less serves the purpose to teach battleship basics to anyone who is new and wants to try battleships (i guess).

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Its a tier 3 BB. You're expecting too much from it.

End thread/

Pretty much this. The Kawachi (as well as other T3 battleships) are deliberately hard to play given how squishy every other ship of that tier spread is. It serves as the gatekeeper for the battleship line.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

The Kawachi is a good ship. Get in and brawl, anything at range is just a waste in a tier 3 BB. In fact all 3 of these BB's IMO should be played exactly the same to combat there dispersion issues. Keep moving, angle your armour and definitely don't give broadsides.  

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Kawachi is the brawler focused on survivability.

Nassau is the brawler focused on firepower.

South Carolina is the support focused on firepower.

Kawachi wants to be pushed into the enemy line while firing HE salvoes until she's at around 5km to 6km range.

Then she switches to AP and massacres any opposing vessel while hardly taking any damage when properly angled.

38 posts
3,810 battles

Never before has a 8k exp grind felt like 80k. At least that was my experience when I played her 1 year ago. Ironically, the Nassau and the South Carolina was a breeze to grind though. :P

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,859 posts
4,140 battles

the nassau is great

For T3 it is a good ship.  Drive straight on into enemy and blaze away with secondaries and just wiggle to get the most out of the mains.   Giggles at all the ricochets.

159 posts
3,374 battles

Having only played the South Carolina (on a regular basis), I've learned to love and hate it. 

Being a low tier BB, I expect very little from it- or any other T3 BB. Icebergs move faster that she does- but I can live with that. A target has to pretty much tangle their guns on her secondaries before they'll fire- but I can live with that. She has so little AA that even the Wright flyer could bomb her with impunity- but I can live with that. What I can't live with- is firing a full broadside at a broadside St Louis at 3.9km away and having all the shells miss. Sadly it happens often. 

I would gladly trade hitting power for tighter dispersion. Only a slight tweak would be sufficient.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

I hate to break to you but your next ship Myogi is like the worst battleship ship in the game!

But you know it does get better, like when you reach the Yamato

not for me, she performed pretty good when i upgraded her hull.