Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BunnyDragon

DE on CV instead of Air Superority Skill?

14 comments in this topic

420 posts

Recently, I've been getting a ridicules amount of fires on ships with my IJN DB on my Zuhio.

This has gotten me thinking, has anyone tried Demolition Expert with Aircraft Servicing on any CV captain?

If you did, what was your experiance with it.  It seems like a win for American CV captains as the TB squadron gets droped in AS and you get DB.

Or was it better with Saki filled DB bombs of the IJN. 

Thanks for the info.

If no one has ever done, I'll do it.  It seems like a good experment to run.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Even if it increases fire chance by 10%, I would still not take it. The goal of a CV is to swiftly take out the enemy capital ships. Prolonged damage isn't going to help. As long as that particular ship is still alive, it is a threat yo my team. Having one more plane can make the difference between letting a ship live or die

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

The chance is way smaller to compensate the lack of one plane of DB and FT. You can opt for this instead of ASE but seriously don't bother, just use both arsonist and witherer flag if you really want to set fires 

331 posts
17,063 battles

I dont think the extra 3% fire chance is worthwhile if you have AS you as well you have to forgo ASE.

DBs are used for 3 main things; dealing Damage, knocking out modules in particular AA setting fires.  AS is more useful assuming you have the planes to spare.

There are other skills that I think would be more useful for CVs other than DE

They are ; CE, AFT, BFT , HA, TA,  MAA, JOAT SI, the other DE, FP.

of course the standard ones BoS, TAE, ASE, TA/DE/SI are all the best skills

Edited by Moganite

420 posts

Not worth it. IJN bombs have about 120% base fire chance, while the benefits brought by ASE outweigh it.

This.

Before you ask, 120% is before a ship's natural fire reduction chance.

Dang it.  I really wanted to start 4 fires at once on a bb or cl/ca.  But if the base is 120% before reductions, and I get 1 or 2 fires, then not worth it. Oh, well.

I'll keep grinding for the regular CV skill set.

Thanks for the advice.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

This.

Dang it.  I really wanted to start 4 fires at once on a bb or cl/ca.  But if the base is 120% before reductions, and I get 1 or 2 fires, then not worth it. Oh, well.

Thanks for the advice.

Don't know how to use quotes?

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

This.

Thanks for the advice.

Litting 4 fires is less about chance to start fire and more about where you hit. A ship has 4 zones where fire can be started: Aft, mid section, superstructure, and bow. One bomb can only start one fire which means to start 4 fires you need to have at least 4 dive bombers/squad. However unless you are totally absolutely extremely lucky, that won't happen.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,980 battles

Just as a bit of information, the innate fire reduction that ships have at T10 is 50%, that is to say, the fire chance is automatically halved for all projectiles. Your IJN bombs basically have about 60% fire chance per bomb instead. USN has them at around 81% IIRC. Bombs are good at setting fires, but IJN bombs are not that reliable.

Sign in to follow this