Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ahwai82

how to play when i keep getting screwed

78 comments in this topic

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,566 battles

T6 in T8 match, T7 in T9 match..every match is just +2 and more +2 

my team with ships 2 tiers higher than me also failed what more can i do

so bored with this crap for few days in a row now :facepalm:

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

T6 in T8 match, T7 in T9 match..every match is just +2 and more +2

my team with ships 2 tiers higher than me also failed what more can i do

so bored with this crap for few days in a row now :facepalm:

Guess you ain'nt yolo harder then:trollface:

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,566 battles

Just be yourself then you will be really gud.:izmena:

i am always being meself lol

we need a guide on "how to git gud in a +2 match"  :teethhappy:

753 posts
8,965 battles

git gud

git gudder

git guddest

Just love when players with nearly 4 times the amount of posts than battles actually played respond with this non constructive and tiring remark. :facepalm:

As for the OP, no matter how good you are or perceive to be and for the other usual comments of "don't show your broadside" or "angle here and angle there". You are most likely to be sent to oblivion with one salvo from anything firing AP 2 tiers above you.

However, you could adopt the usual tactics from most high tier players of sniping from afar to hopefully kill that ship 2 tiers below you without actually supporting those that are trying to win or, rush to the nearest Island for cover only daring to expose yourself for one salvo then cower back behind the Island.

But hey, the new economy is rectifying this behavior, right, and the 2+ MM seems to be a winner considering the countless threads on this topic to the contrary. 

Edited by Trojan63

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

ah yes, because telling player how to train harder, play smarter, and think carefully again and again and again is much much more complicated and tiring

and you are not much better than him

Edited by Harpoon01

415 posts
10,918 battles

There really is nothing you can do ... personally I'm close to giving up this game because of it.

My Texas, Warspite, Arizona and Tirpitz have all turned into a waste of money.

753 posts
8,965 battles

git gud

git gudder

git guddest

I fail to see how this equates to this. 

ah yes, because telling player how to train harder, play smarter, and think carefully again and again and again is much much more complicated and tiring

Very informative and helpful indeed.

and you are not much better than him

I never said I was nor do I claim to be a great player. If you have nothing better to say than the usual trademark responses on this forum then why bother at all, except maybe to boost your post count.

[AAADD]
61 posts

If you find yourself the low tier in these type of matches. Do not be the lead ship out in front. Stay in the back , let the upper tier ships lead the way. Your function hear is mainly support of the high tier ships. Your main guns will be under powered. If your shells start to bounce off your targets change over to HE rounds.

Always keep moving and use island for additional cover. Remember to help the higher tier ships on your team.

If you are close remember that you ship is also one Monster Torpedo .

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,566 battles

this git gud nonsense should stopped

in a +2 match teammate that is 2 tier than me failed what i can do? this is not a one hero wins the day game

up tiered and losing streak just can't give me a break

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,566 battles

If you find yourself the low tier in these type of matches. Do not be the lead ship out in front. Stay in the back , let the upper tier ships lead the way. Your function hear is mainly support of the high tier ships. Your main guns will be under powered. If your shells start to bounce off your targets change over to HE rounds.

Always keep moving and use island for additional cover. Remember to help the higher tier ships on your team.

If you are close remember that you ship is also one Monster Torpedo .

thank you for the advice :)

but i know what to do since like 7 out of 10 matches everyday i'm the lowest tier just keep getting into these match is really bad

probably i'm unlucky

146 posts
10,176 battles

There really is nothing you can do ... personally I'm close to giving up this game because of it.

My Texas, Warspite, Arizona and Tirpitz have all turned into a waste of money.

Same, I used to love playing Murmansk  and Texas - was fun way to grind credits to offset costs of playing in Tier 8 - now they're pretty much just rusting in port as I am sick of being deleted by first nagato that notices me -- Wish I could get my money back. 

Getting to the point now of just yoloing into Cap and trying again - but waiting 20 mins for ship to be available, and then have it happen again, and again, is really not fun. 

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,566 battles

Same, I used to love playing Murmansk  and Texas - was fun way to grind credits to offset costs of playing in Tier 8 - now they're pretty much just rusting in port as I am sick of being deleted by first nagato that notices me -- Wish I could get my money back. 

Getting to the point now of just yoloing into Cap and trying again - but waiting 20 mins for ship to be available, and then have it happen again, and again, is really not fun. 

T5 dd in a T7 match is still playable but cruisers is really a no no

but nothing worst than T6 and T7 up tiered +2, no matter what class it's really bad

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

It all depends upon which ship you're in, You must change tactics based on your ship's strongest and weakest points. Like you said and lot of posters here are saying they are getting instant deleted. Ask yourself why?. Then try not to do same thing again in next match. I'll try to explain what I understood from playing +2 MM From each type of ship. I'll take T5 as base because lot of players having problem with this tier.

DDs :-
           Kind of approach depends on what kind of DD you are using and like you know each DD line has different purpose. Minekaze going up against ships like Mahan,Sims,Leningrad etc., you can spot them way before they can spot you but still you just rush in you are surely gonna be a piece of cake to them. so try to keep your distance from them and still keep spotting them so that your team can kill them. Nicolas and Gnevny have a lot of differences but the way they should be played is almost same because to cause damage to enemies you should use guns a lot which means you will be spotted and get concentrated this is were teamplay comes in, and ask your teammates to help and because you're in a t7 and t6 match you'll get help from someone. And most important thing in any DD is you should never go alone or you're a toast.

CAs/CLs :-

The main problem with these ships are you constantly show broadside to enemies and it is like saying "Hit my citadel please". And you should never push too much alone which leads you getting concentrated and getting deleted from map. Just keep on moving in random directions and concentrate on ships which are trying to move forward. And use HE to light them up once they are lit up they will feel pressure and take a wrong step. You always stay close to BBs not close to ships like Nagato's but with ships like Gneisenau and Colorado because these ships are most likely to push forward. And always keep maneuvering so that you shouldn't get concentrated because the more you maneuver more harder it is to hit you and eventually enemy ships choosing another ship to target.

Only thing is You never go alone and in a straight line.

BBs :-
          Talking about ships like Kongo Konig and New York. You should target Cruisers no matter what. when engaging BB you should use HE in come cases like angling of enemy BB. AP when they show broadside to you because you can take out like 6k and 8k damage per salvo. Just like CAs and CLs you should stick to high tier BBs. concentrate ships which are annoying the ship you are going with.

With all this First thing you need to know is you are a Support ship not the Capital ship. Your main purpose is Supporting high tier ships. With all this you can top the leader board. Even if you did support job. I hope my advice can help you.

Good Luck and Fair Seas :honoring:

Beta Tester
65 posts
6,461 battles

Aaditya gave good advice. As an addition if you feel frustrated, step back from the game for a couple of hours or even day(s) then return to play again. Sometimes one just needs to rid oneself of the negativity due to frustration and then play better even if playing at bottom tier.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,566 battles

hey AJ,

not that i dont know what to do but i have to depend on my team to win as a low tier, kinda sucks really and not fun

the problem is that i keep getting into such match for who knows why :(

wolf,

it's not my mentality is the thing, i just play it but keep getting into it kinda makes me tired of the game 

Beta Tester
65 posts
6,461 battles

Yep, that is part of mentality: your getting tired of it. Result of frustration. So turn off the game for a couple of hours then play again.

Super Tester
223 posts
3,340 battles

Well, it's not really an advice, but how about viewing +2 MM as 'challenge accepted'?

eventho it's indeed tiring, it might change one thing or two if you see it as challenge :B

for me myself, actually I love +2 match, cause yea, 'challenge accepted' :D

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

My simple answer is : play conservatively if you are 2 tiers down. Applies to CA especially. You wouldn't want to be focus fired and get deleted because you are the only one spotted. 

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Div up with someone so you can execute tactics.

Pretend you're that specialized squad you see in the movies.

A single squad in the middle of a big battlefield ain't going to do anything, so you got to hit important targets in a timely manner before your team dies.

Pick the right targets and you buy more time to attack other targets by virtue of eliminating threats to potato teammates. Said time is represented by their HP.

[AE]
199 posts
9,466 battles

Once again the same reasonable complaint. Once again the same unreasonable answers.

Ahwai82, You could post in the suggestions section - WG drop the +/- 2 tiering. Go to +/- 1 spread across board.

Despite all their answers, in the end, the MAJORITY of players on this server cannot deal when they are -2 tiers below. So, what then happens, some definitely yolo. Some possibly go afk. Many more will start playing a maximum of tier 4, and some will leave.

Not sure what Trojan was saying in his post in last line, but I find it hard to believe that people will be encouraged to tier UP. Getting smashed will tend to stop people grinding. (As if the almost double XP requirements per increased tier wasn't bad enough).

All in all, remaining with the +/- 2 spread from tier 5 up is marketing madness. WG has little reason to continue with it. There are enough people on this server that it isn't required. Knowing WG, it will probably only be changed in a patch down the track when the game has already seen too many people playing lower tiers or leaving the game entirely. Question is, why on earth does anyone in WG think its a winner? People will only keep moving up if they believe that at the highest tier they will no longer get pummelled. But the current tier spread discourages this. WR starts reducing, grinds get longer, and more expensive. A +/- 1 spread would be far less discouraging.

Aaditya gave good advice. As an addition if you feel frustrated, step back from the game for a couple of hours or even day(s) then return to play again. Sometimes one just needs to rid oneself of the negativity due to frustration and then play better even if playing at bottom tier.

Aaditya gave good advice if we have to continue with the +/- 2 spread. ie. If necessary. But as stated above, WG simply doesn't have to do it. If the spread was less, there would be less need to step away from the game.

As pointed out,

hey AJ,

not that i dont know what to do but i have to depend on my team to win as a low tier, kinda sucks really and not fun

the problem is that i keep getting into such match for who knows why :(

wolf,

it's not my mentality is the thing, i just play it but keep getting into it kinda makes me tired of the game

This is a game, and WG is persisting in something that drains the fun out of it. Kinda sucks, Kinda makes people tired of the game.

There are heaps of people like the OP.

Sign in to follow this