You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bittersteel

Which Tier 10 would you pick

23 comments in this topic

50 posts
4,744 battles

First of All I'm still at Tier 9 FDG which I havent bought just unlocked xp & stopped also at Amagi which I havent bought also only unlocked xp I have enough free exp to go GK or Yamato.

I got questions

1) GK's TDS is so bad that a fair amount of people calls it the worst Tier 10 bb?

2) GK's outfit as secondary build is it competitive?

3) I've played Bismarck alot & I excel in this ship mainly thru mid range & brawling encounters & it suits my playstyle of angled tanking so other team mates can shoot without worrying about shell retribution is GK alot more tankier than Yamato??

435 posts
6,169 battles

I haven’t got the Yamato, I’ve only seen them upside down and sinking.

But I beehive that the Yamato is more tanker than the Grober Kurfurst but GK is more manoeuvrable, so is better defensibly. I think the gunnery is equal but GK can firer 6 shells both hard on attack and hard on retreat, this makes the GK more versatile, like a mammoth bad ass battlecruiser.

I run Grober Kurfurst with full secondary’s build, the main advantage is at under 10.5km her secondary’s can discharge multiple bomb fires on targets while your main guns can be terminating some other poor soul.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

563 posts
4,686 battles

1) Why people say that? It has hydro to help her with torps. The sluggishness and the TDS is the only real weakness of this ship. The rest looks really competitive.

2) I would recommend main battery or AA build more. This ship use the Gneisenau secondaries. While giving you more AA range, it has less fire chance. It's not going to start as much fire as FDG and Bismarck 

3) Yamato still has overall better armor I guess. But still, GK can't be nuked in a 1v1

Edited by Admiral_Turing

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Zao if you hate everyone

Gearing if you wanna beat up Shima-tan and troll spot Khabs (but u gotta be good)

Khab if you wanna make kebabs
Des Moines if you hate DD and CV and like islands (me :P)
Hindernberg if you love your AP

Moskva if you drink vodka and slav squat and wanna kill everything
Yamato if you hate anything with a citadel
Montana if you want some lolz
GK if you are ultimate tanker and don't camp

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,304 battles

In all seriousness for your case: 

Dependant on which style of play fits u better:

If u are the type that aggressively pushes for the team, go for GK. Keep in mind that her torpedo belt is absolutely rubbish

Yamato on the other hand stays slightly back(Not too back - Pls dun stay 18km away like those potatoes) and provide as much damage as possible. Because everyone knew how OP Yamato's lolpen guns are, she tends to get focused almost all the time.   

If overall T10:

Zao - Laughs at BBs while trying to escape from ur HE shells, What is Yamato? 

Khabarovsk - Good luck trying to hit me while I constantly slap u with my stalinium rounds 

Gearing - Shima-clubber 

Moskau - What is balance? 

Des Moines - U shall not touch me CV, DD's ultimate nightmare ship if caught out 

Edited by AkaNoPoi

50 posts
4,744 battles

thanks for the advice guys I think I'll go GK if its really running gneisnau secondaries mostly AP I might outfit with pure main gun builds as there few cv's in my experience in bismarck

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I dont recommend taking shimakaze.. The worst DD in T10..

*incoming bomb

~Dont blame me if it gets even spicier~

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

Moskva because Russian...

Zao because IJN...

Hakuryu (Soon™ for me) because torpedoes...

Midway (soon™ for me) because bombers...

50 posts
4,744 battles

just bought FDG I'm quite wondering now whether focusing on Main guns or secondaries is worthwhile considering the ship is allergic to CV's

[BMRSF]
373 posts
2,517 battles

Speaking of spice, I dont like spicy stuff... Which is ironic because I'm Indonesian....

Somehow i know you're Indonesian :D, and i choose Yamato however she's not good in close combat again GK so you have to work together on your team like this video :) (sorry for the quality btw)