You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
12ocks

match making different era... could it pose a problem?

27 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
301 posts

well in world of tanks... the era are post wars fighting of the german fictional tank e100/j. e100 and other countries like the british 183.... vs a modernize tank that actually saw real combat action....will it happened here too?

EXAMPLE

its like this the yamato class battleship version 1945 vs a modernize iowa class battleship 1987 version... would the developers make it happened again in the long run?

Alpha Tester
266 posts
3,486 battles

I highly doubt that they would give Iowa its modern refit.

(im still hoping for WG to give SCB-110 flight decks for Essex and Midway hue)

Edited by Kotono_Amaha

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
390 posts
3,801 battles

Why would they balance a 1987 Iowa (with cruise missiles and all sorts) for a WW2 era game? Irrelevant post is irrelevant

Beta Tester
142 posts
2,615 battles

well in world of tanks... the era are post wars fighting of the german fictional tank e100/j. e100 and other countries like the british 183.... vs a modernize tank that actually saw real combat action....will it happened here too?

EXAMPLE

its like this the yamato class battleship version 1945 vs a modernize iowa class battleship 1987 version... would the developers make it happened again in the long run?

I'm just going to go ahead and say that WG will balance it by not adding the 1987 ship.

This way, they won't have to balance ships built in the bronze age with a Terran Battlecruiser. It also saves them the effort of not having to conjure up an entirely new fake ship just to balance a 1987 ship that probably won't make it into the game.

Beta Tester
301 posts

you see if they added the russian side...there are no... carriers during 1945 but rather they made new ones after 1945...meaning to say...the russian were lacking in strenght during height ww2 ..

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
390 posts
3,801 battles

you see if they added the russian side...there are no... carriers during 1945 but rather they made new ones after 1945...meaning to say...the russian were lacking in strenght during height ww2 ..

Wikipedia doesn't have every single thing about the russian navy, the soviet navy archives will have paper plans for carriers.... That's what they will use, same with BBs/cruisers/destroyers that weren't built, WG will get access to some blueprints where possible that Wikipedia will not be aware of.

Beta Tester
301 posts

Wikipedia doesn't have every single thing about the russian navy, the soviet navy archives will have paper plans for carriers.... That's what they will use, same with BBs/cruisers/destroyers that weren't built, WG will get access to some blueprints where possible that Wikipedia will not be aware of.

may be

Alpha Tester
265 posts

Don rely on wikipedia. Not everyone can get a glimpse of what the Russian have in their archives. And if Iowa were to be a tier 10, I think it would be the non-modernized version.

Beta Tester
301 posts

unless they are all different class

number means nothing.

true true... some are import from the west. so a few are original submarine.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

ok so after a long dig on the interwebs:

This is about the best listing of Russian Warships that I can find  from ~1860 to 1948

(I no longer have my access to Janes :( )

http://navalhistory.flixco.info/G/76245x19505/123630/a0.htm

Beta Tester
301 posts

ok so after a long dig on the interwebs:

This is about the best listing of Russian Warships that I can find  from ~1860 to 1948

(I no longer have my access to Janes :( )

http://navalhistory.flixco.info/G/76245x19505/123630/a0.htm

probably they will start from 19th century up to 1948....and they will make paper ships again like the good old wot

Alpha Tester
265 posts

I single Tomahawk mounted Iowa can solo the entire enemy fleet. :trollface:

The 1980s Iowa was equipped with Tomahawks cruise missile, Harpoon missile and phalanx CIWS.

Beta Tester
142 posts
2,615 battles

Might as well embrace paper ships and/or conceptual designs, especially if you're a WoT veteran. The inclusion of things that never even made it out of the historical drawing board shouldn't be a dealbreaker in any capacity. It allows the game developers some breathing room to be creative and work on "What if" scenarios.