You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Geza_Bell

A great and fun game

19 comments in this topic

1 post
73 battles

Then I reached level 5 ships.

A friend invited me to play this game as well as 2 others and all 3 of us will not be playing this game in the future for the exact same reasons.

Practically every match I'm against ships 2 levels higher which is no fun at all. Before all you wannabe virtual rear admirals starting quoting the usual rhetoric that I've read in this forum ie.

"But is a challenge" no it's not, it's just unfair. I've watched countless videos and read numerous threads about what and what not to do but there is no denying that level 5 ships are outclassed by those 2 levels higher. I have constantly used this so called WASD hack yet one lucky shot can see your ship lose most it's HP. I've lost count of the times that I have been sailing away at a 90 degree angle only to be slaughter by a BB at maximum range with one shot.

"You have only played 60 or so games and wouldn't know", I know enough to decide that it is not worth the effort and frustration to continue playing with these odds. I even pushed through level 5 to get a level 6 ship so my friend would at least benefit from this invite a friend scheme and it was no surprise that I was fighting level 8 ships. That was enough for me.

Some of you die hard players may enjoy this, especially when you are the ones meeting ships 2 levels lower but I'm afraid it's not for me, my friends and most likely a lot of new players whom like us quit upon reaching level 5 which probably explains why the game matches higher level players with those 2 levels lower as there are not many players in the higher levels.

As I said, it's a great game and was fun and I sincerely hope you all continue to play if you desire and enjoy it. For me however there is no enjoyment being cannon fodder for others and I just wanted to give my perspective.

All the best everyone.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,284 posts

Play Co-Op mode.

You can still enjoy the game and play with your friends, even at tier 5.

Your sanity will also thank you for it

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

At the moment the matchmaking for tier V and VI vessels is borked due to WG changing the tier III&IV matchmaking to be +1 tops.

I.e. a tier IV only meets tier Vs in the worst case scenario, which to nobody's surprise also pushed the tiers beyond it to more regularly see +1/+2 mm games.

My solution to it is to reduce my play time and concentrate what little is left on tier IV and VII.

For a new player this is actually a pro since they can then concentrate on playing several/all techtree branches up to a certain tier.

This helps in understanding each ship's role, playstyle and how to counter them.

And tier IV is heaps of fun:

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

What's the point of opening a thread if you've already decided to leave. Too bad you have turned 5 at the wrong era. However, since you know, you can meet players who are not really new, you might even try to stick to Tier 4 for longer, or may be play another ship line, till you get the idea how to handle experienced players. When were were playing 5s, this tier was full of seal clubbers. 

753 posts
8,965 battles

What's the point of opening a thread if you've already decided to leave.

Umm gee I don't know, it was probably this part.

I just wanted to give my perspective.

Feedback from any new player and as to why they do not remain is more than welcome in my view.

There are many long term players (myself included) and short term ones that have constantly mentioned the +2 MM above tier 5 as unbalanced.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

What's the point of opening a thread if you've already decided to leave. Too bad you have turned 5 at the wrong era. However, since you know, you can meet players who are not really new, you might even try to stick to Tier 4 for longer, or may be play another ship line, till you get the idea how to handle experienced players. When were were playing 5s, this tier was full of seal clubbers. 

But I can bet you didn't face t7s while grinding, did you? I myself didn't face +7 while i was grinding ships like Kongo(was too OP I agree). Kirov (paper cannon) Konigsberg(which is still a standout)etc. But man if I was grinding now I would have been frustrated just like the OP.  The thing is i'm still living with it. Ask Why? .

Because I do 40% of daily matches in t7s(If you know what I mean :trollface:) But mostly I go for T5 ships as well just because I still love some ships (gnevny,minekaze,kirov,kongo) and for me T5 is still an improving platform.

Well, like I said in my previous posts I'm still neutral to this new +2 MM because It is not fair like OP said and sometimes it is fair because you will  know what you're gonna have to face when you get to higher tiers.

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

435 posts
6,169 battles

Every newbie does well from tier 1 to 4, there no tactics, hardly any skill level and you just shoot and kill.

But tier 5 and 6 is when you need to start to up skill, like better targeting, strategizing, sailing defensibly and develop situational awareness.

In the Cleveland if your captain her poorly you will suffer but with a bit more tactical play like don’t rush in, targeting destroyers, sailing with islands in between you and battleships, don’t show broadsides and only engaging cruisers when they are already busy with other allies (especially higher tier ones) she can be one of greatest ship you will own.

As for +2 don’t forget you do get alot of games when you’re top tier. But in the end WOWS is like caviar, you either like it or it’s just too swishy for you.

PS: Don’t play British cruisers, they should be lockout from new players, until level 12 of service.  

Edited by Yul_Brynner

199 posts
18,023 battles

[Redacted] MM ! It should be tier 10 against tier 10 . SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. GIT GUDDDDDDDD . I am much happier now .

Profanity. Post edited, user warned.

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Feedback from any new player and as to why they do not remain is more than welcome in my view.

There are many long term players (myself included) and short term ones that have constantly mentioned the +2 MM above tier 5 as unbalanced.

Yes, up to T5, +/-2 isn't good. But if you make this +/-1, then same case will appear for T6. Well I guess this is acceptable, since no one really likes T6. I never said, the MM is OK for T5.

But I can bet you didn't face t7s while grinding, did you?

Not sure why you would think so, but I really don't remember either

[AAADD]
61 posts

Yes i feel your pain and frustration. Being up tiered when you have a tier 5 or 6 all the time is no fun at all. Watching some of the pro videos may or may not help. For me i've never bothered as each match depends on the team composition, enemy composition and what each individual does in the match.

Use the videos as a base only then throw it away. Low tiers can do well even if out matched. It all comes down to the player. I've had a warspite in a tier 8 match and managed to come out on top not all the time but, at least 50% of the time.

Keep at it and don't give up just yet.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Not reach game is versus 2 tiers higher at tier 5. However agaisnt players at tier 7 this can be brutal.

Even players that i help at t5 i tell them not to broadside then i citadel them to proove the point as the opposing team. (Count in's).

I think +2 MM ships be brought back for all.

Remember the good old days when BBs had+3 MM. Kawachi vs a Fuso. Those were brutal.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

icy, it is your personality, but i really hope you become more nice to new player. 

not every bad things need to be said, sometimes it better to not say it to help new player become better. 

i was happy Geza_Bell decide to make this thread, to see a player who willing to play together is a good asset.

there are some ways to survive the harsh MM, bbut please remember, WoWs is n open game, u can choose what ship u like most.even if you like a tier 1 ship, then u can play it  to your heart content. heck i even met a player who have 2.000 match in tier 1 ship.

u can also play coop, but beware, sometimes the bot is more hard to deal than a new player :D

sojust play any ship on any tier and any game mode taht most fun for you. playing with 2 other friend is fun... dont let others made u sad....

563 posts
4,686 battles

It's not completely unplayable. Difficult, but not impossible. And keep in mind you will have more xp and credits gained from wrecking higher tier ships. Lower tier carry is always possible. The ship line that you're grinding is also not in the best spot now. There are a lot of stronger lines than US CA. But if you want to leave then well....

Good bye

345 posts
3,647 battles

It's not like the game is forcing you to 1v1 a tier VII ship. You can just avoid them and let the tier VII ships in your team do the dirty work.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

icy, it is your personality, but i really hope you become more nice to new player. 

not every bad things need to be said, sometimes it better to not say it to help new player become better. 

Would you be kind enough to point out the offensive words or "bad things" I said in my post please?

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

shooting higher tier ships=more XP

:P

and you can farm salty tears when you beat up tier 7 with tier 5

you will see **** and [][][][][][] in chat and you will be called a hacker but its with glory :3

if you don't feel comfortable with T5 play more T4. Get everything to T4 then after getting clubbed for a hundred games you'll know what to do XD