You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Xirvis

Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament

Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Allow secondary guns to fire without manually selecting target but without benefit of lower dispersion from skill

• Yes
    • No

36 comments in this topic

892 posts
7,853 battles

With this skill, dispersion of secondary guns reduces, making the secondary guns more effective. However, this 5th row skill results in the secondaries not firing at all without manual target selection. How many of you would like to see a tweak to this ie the secondary guns will still fire but without the accompanying benefits of lower dispersion, if target is not selected?

683 posts
7,334 battles

Another add on: when there are 2 or more targets within range, the selected target (main target) will have the reduction of dispersion, while the other secondary guns which has not line of sight will randomly select another in range target to fire on. for example one BB on starboard side and a DD at port side. 

2,217 posts
13,680 battles

I was just about to vote yes. Then I figured you still get more secondary hits with the skill if you pick a target within a reasonable amount of time. I currently vote no despite the fact that I would like it to be a yes.

Question for me was; how does it compare to the skills you must forego? From what I know I would rate giving up JoAT or CE comparable to the benefit of MFCfSA (love the acronym)

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

I have manual secondaries on my Amagi. I don't particularly mind the fact that they need to be manually designated because they'd have been locked on by the time they're in range, then again, this isn't so bad, either.

892 posts
7,853 battles
The problem with the current set up is, the secondary guns do not fire at all until a target is selected. Imagine you have enemy ships on both sides within range of your ship's secondary guns, all guns do not fire. If you select the enemy on the port side, port side secondaries open up nicely but the starboard side secondaries do not fire at the enemy ship on that side of you ship because it is not selected. This skill as it is, is not a good choice to have because of this having to select targets. If it was tweaked, this skill becomes very good for BB captains
Edited by Xirvis

892 posts
7,853 battles

inb4 you should have locked your target b4 they get close to your secondaries range.

​You can't lock on what you don't see. If you are looking the other way, you won't even be aware of an approaching ship within range of the secondary guns on the opposite side unless you look at the mini map.

892 posts
7,853 battles

I was just about to vote yes. Then I figured you still get more secondary hits with the skill if you pick a target within a reasonable amount of time. I currently vote no despite the fact that I would like it to be a yes.

Question for me was; how does it compare to the skills you must forego? From what I know I would rate giving up JoAT or CE comparable to the benefit of MFCfSA (love the acronym)

​For a BB captain, giving up CE for MFCfSA makes good sense

683 posts
7,334 battles

​You can't lock on what you don't see. If you are looking the other way, you won't even be aware of an approaching ship within range of the secondary guns on the opposite side unless you look at the mini map.

With all due respect I disagree with you.. since starting to play WOWs, I was told of how important is situation awareness. yes there were times I was too carried away until I didn't realise another enemy ships is approaching, but when I charge into a few enemy ships, I always keep track of them, and select the most appropriate ship for my secondaries. it'd be nice if they can shoot at 2 targets instead of one. :)

Edit: Sorry if I misinterpreted your point. but I do hope that can tweak the current manual secondaries skill a bit.

Edited by Darkworld_2015

1,068 posts
3,846 battles

Haven't gotten enough points to get the skill on any of my ships yet,but I voted yes.

Having the offside secondaries firing at say the 20% dispersion with the module mounted while the targeted ones get the 15/60% dispersion on top would be good.

There really needs to be a tutorial in game for such things as mini map usage.The amount of times I have seen fixated players,especially CV drivers, ignore a DD running at them because they don't glance at the mini map occasionally is ridiculous!

892 posts
7,853 battles

With all due respect I disagree with you.. since starting to play WOWs, I was told of how important is situation awareness. yes there were times I was too carried away until I didn't realise another enemy ships is approaching, but when I charge into a few enemy ships, I always keep track of them, and select the most appropriate ship for my secondaries. it'd be nice if they can shoot at 2 targets instead of one. :)

Edit: Sorry if I misinterpreted your point. but I do hope that can tweak the current manual secondaries skill a bit.

No apologies required. I do keep myself occupied by constantly looking at the mini map while focusing on any particular target. Unlike Manual Fire Control for AA Armament where, "AA larger than 85 mm will not fire at all without manual target selection. AA of 85 mm or less will operate normally, and without this accuracy bonus", Secondary guns will completely not fire at all unless a target is selected. Would be good if WG could potentially work in something like it, if at all. Am quite sure this skill will become "more" popular then

892 posts
7,853 battles

Haven't gotten enough points to get the skill on any of my ships yet,but I voted yes.

Having the offside secondaries firing at say the 20% dispersion with the module mounted while the targeted ones get the 15/60% dispersion on top would be good.

There really needs to be a tutorial in game for such things as mini map usage.The amount of times I have seen fixated players,especially CV drivers, ignore a DD running at them because they don't glance at the mini map occasionally is ridiculous!

The same goes for players needing to learn to read the team chats too!

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

If I select one target for manual secondary, the secondary guns who cannot fire at that specific target do not fire at all. This is not the same case as Manual AA since all the AA guns can shoot.

892 posts
7,853 battles

If I select one target for manual secondary, the secondary guns who cannot fire at that specific target do not fire at all. This is not the same case as Manual AA since all the AA guns can shoot.

​If you selected a target on your port side, the port side secondary guns will fire at that target. However, the starboard side secondary guns will remain silent even though there is a target within range. This is what I'd like to see tweaked/addressed ie for the starboard side guns to fire at any other target not selected but without the additional benefits from this captain skill
Edited by Xirvis

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

​If you selected a target on your port side, the port side secondary guns will fire at that target. However, the starboard side secondary guns will remain silent even though there is a target within range. This is what I'd like to see tweaked/addressed ie for the starboard side guns to fire at any other target not selected but without the additional benefits from this captain skill

If I remember correctly, we talked about this issue in a thread months ago, nothing from this so far, don't think going to happen anytime soon.

892 posts
7,853 battles

If I remember correctly, we talked about this issue in a thread months ago, nothing from this so far, don't think going to happen anytime soon.

​And hence, am hoping this will re-start the discussion and something will be done. So, support from all could potentially lead to WG re-considering their current stance on this matter 

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

​And hence, am hoping this will re-start the discussion and something will be done. So, support from all could potentially lead to WG re-considering their current stance on this matter 

Yep, already supported, and it will be a nice change for aggressive BB players.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

make it so they only turn on if you have a target selected but only the target selected gets the benefit and the other side has crappy dispersion as usual

[LN]
Super Tester
215 posts

I vote yes :coin:

I don't know why "Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament" don't work like skill "Manual Fire Control for AA Armament"? Only affect when selecting a target and 2nd fire normally if no target chosen :hmm: