Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bunda369

Glorious tier 10 match with no BBs!

3 comments in this topic

205 posts
5,305 battles

So, I was grinding my ARP Takao captain and MM decided to put me in a tier 10 match. With no BBs! Just 7 CAs/CLs, 4 DDs, and 1 CV per side. All pretty evenly spread out between tiers 8 - 10, with the most OP ships being the tier 10 CVs.

Boy, was it a glorious battle! Like a low tier battle, but with high tier ships. Tier 10s leading the charge to agreed cap zones and supporting our DDs, and the same for the other side. We brawled at mid to close range, at the same time trying to angle properly and avoiding the torpedo soup from the Shimakazes, Bensons, Kageros, Gearings, and Fletchers.

It was exciting as heck, and the side that broke contact first ended up losing (the enemy team in this case). We capped all three caps eventually, and then proceeded to slowly grind down the enemy ships.

What a joy high tier game play is without any BBs. When there are like 5-6 BBs per side, then you can expect a snipe fest. Had one earlier today, where everything depended on the (in)competence of the respective BBs. I spent 20 minutes taking pot shots in a shoot-and-scoot boring game play, coz CAs don't survive long if tier 10 BBs decide to focus on a tier 8 CA.

Wish we could have an option where  high tier BBs are excluded from certain scenarios. Let them play in their big pond by themselves. The rest of us can have fun brawling and contesting caps like we used to do in low and mid tiers. But, that's just me, hehe.  :)

On a side note, I notice that there is very little synergy among the different ship classes. WG has focused so much on the rock-scissors-paper game play that they have probably forgotten that most MMORPGs (we are playing our roles, no?) focus a lot on synergy. Mage class are massive damage dealers (BBs and CVs), Rogue class (DDs) are the sneaky ninja assassins, Cleric class (BBs ... again?) are the healers, and the Warrior class (BBs, again, wtf??) are the tankers. Where do CAs/CLs fit in here? Even Fractured Space follows the regular MMORPG format of class synergy. Ok, rant over, lol.  :trollface:

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Except this isn't an MMORPG.

The classes have their niches. They're not MMORPG niches, but they're niches.

Having no BBs in a match would undoubtedly have me flopping like a fish out of water whenever I use CVs or DDs.

Sign in to follow this