You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

0.5.13.0 Not detected by planes inside Detectability Range By Air

5 comments in this topic

2,221 posts
13,707 battles

Issue:   Not detected by planes inside Detectability Range By Air 

Screenshots: 2 Showing not detected and then detected.
Ship: Gneisenau. I think it may have happened on other ships as well though
Map: Neighbors I think it may have happened on other maps as well though
Occurrences:  Not always. I did notice in one replay that Myoko didn't do it.
Tested: Will have to wait until I notice it again
Severity: Actually quite beneficial, but not correct.
Details:  Despite the plane being inside my Detectability Range By Air boundary I am not detected. Second screenshot is provided to show that I was able to be detected, but the plane had to come further inside my boundary.

Not detected although fighters inside range

116m6nt.jpg

Detected 2 seconds later

69kguf.jpg

139 posts
5,876 battles

I remember seeing somewhere (One of Flamu's videos I think) that planes only have an effective viewing distance of 11km. I can't see the numbers clearly in the first screenshot, but it looks to be 11.4km.

So while your ship may have a Detectability By Air of >11km, that value can be ignored and lowered down to 11km because of how planes work currently.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

I remember seeing somewhere (One of Flamu's videos I think) that planes only have an effective viewing distance of 11km. I can't see the numbers clearly in the first screenshot, but it looks to be 11.4km.

So while your ship may have a Detectability By Air of >11km, that value can be ignored and lowered down to 11km because of how planes work currently.

i experience it too when sailing my bismarck. i only get detected once the plane reach my 2ndary range. at first i though it was a bug, but then i realize maybe the plane LOS range.