Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aaditya_AJ

Lets Talk about MM

24 comments in this topic

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

MM has become so useless these days It just doesn't wanna balance teams at all. Sometimes we can see totally unbalanced teams like the one in the spoiler. I mean if you don't have enough players don't make it a 12 on 12 match. And in some circumstances It will just give DD advantage to the enemy team in domination mode. Like really? It is just handing over the advantage to a particular team in domination. I'm still playing with that +2 MM but things like this make it even more harder.

LexdTaR.jpg

Super Tester
316 posts
3,400 battles

It wont help 100% but play with a full division as much as you can, i do a lot of solo queuing and i can tell you, 1 or 2 people you can trust will lessen the frustration it wont make it go away but it will allow you to actually do things, but yea triple Atlanta on the enemy team and your team has more DDs, that's pretty much the game right there

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Lol yeah. . . . That Atlanta div screwed up MM for you. . . . Just can't understand why MM can't put the other Atlanta on your team . Happens to me too. Just gotta grit your teeth and grind through it. 

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

i think the MM still logic (based tier and type and not counting the power of the ship / premium ship)

your team get extra DD, while the enemy team total tier is +1 compared to your team.

the last patch about MM say that the MM will make sure tht there are max 1 different in Ship type (DD, CL, BB) and 1 total tier differential only right?)

the problem is that enemy CL is all premium ship. you wont get angry if all those Atlanta were a normal tier 7 ship such as pensicola right?

Edited by XP_On

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

It wont help 100% but play with a full division as much as you can, i do a lot of solo queuing and i can tell you, 1 or 2 people you can trust will lessen the frustration it wont make it go away but it will allow you to actually do things, but yea triple Atlanta on the enemy team and your team has more DDs, that's pretty much the game right there

You think I'm frustrated? Well yes but I'd doesn't have to do anything with Divisions or my teammates stuff. Well if you're talking about the match yesterday we had is not really a problem. Unbalanced team is a problem. Well DDs are useless if Atlantas co-ordinated and used their stupid radar alternatively DDs are useless at the point.

Lol yeah. . . . That Atlanta div screwed up MM for you. . . . Just can't understand why MM can't put the other Atlanta on your team . Happens to me too. Just gotta grit your teeth and grind through it. 

It is not really the Atlanta, problem is MM. It just doesn't want to balance the match. It is becoming a normal thing now.

i think the MM still logic (based tier and type and not counting the power of the ship / premium ship)

your team get extra DD, while the enemy team total tier is +1 compared to your team.

the last patch about MM say that the MM will make sure tht there are max 1 different in Ship type (DD, CL, BB) and 1 total tier differential only right?)

the problem is that enemy CL is all premium ship. you wont get angry if all those Atlanta were a normal tier 7 ship such as pensicola right?

I'd still be angry because you take an Izumo and MM puts you 3 Izumo vs 3 Yamato would you consider as good, Normal MM??

The matchmaking would be fine if the balancing was.

Yes and this has become routine these days

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Just do it like me, get the 3rd +2mm battle in a row, on Neighbors to make it worse and

then ramble on about how bad high tier balancing is combined with atrocious maps like Neighbors

or Trident (standart battle such fun) that support long range engagements.

Record it, never upload it, because it's literally just rambling and too many swear words to ever post it.

Did that on saturday, 22 minutes worth of german rambling.

Doesn't fix the issues, but eases the mind. (A bit)

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

3 izumo vs 3 yamaato will never happen. the tier difference is 3 and MM pay special attention to put the same tier BB as priority

trust me.

unless u talking about

2 izumo + 1 montana  vs 2 yamato + 1 iowa

Edited by XP_On

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

And here it goes again MM just says freak(censored) you. But I met Ensign tho.

8bXO6zD.jpg

yeah, this is a bad MM. there are +3 total tier in CL... too bad CL is least priority right? LOL..

like i said the order is CV -> BB -> DD -> CL

i think everyone who play agree That MM is far from perfect, but atleast the current MM is better that before where you can get 11 vs 13 or a team with 2dd vs 5dd

Edited by XP_On

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I can see that your team had better ships, why complain?

What if I say those were stock ships?  Furutaka was stock. kirov and konigsberg have paper armor. Which are always prone to insta kill. Which i say is giving a team an upper hand before the match even begins

Super Tester
7,595 posts
8,005 battles

What if I say those were stock ships?  Furutaka was stock. kirov and konigsberg have paper armor. Which are always prone to insta kill. Which i say is giving a team an upper hand before the match even begins

Still, in both SS you posted, your team had overall better ships. And I'm sure everyone will agree with me on this.

When you go in division, only the highest tier is balanced by MM, so for one of your T5, there was a T5 in the enemy as well. Actually your team had way better battleships because of your div. Playing 3 cruiser div is the biggest mistake you can make here.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Still, in both SS you posted, your team had overall better ships. And I'm sure everyone will agree with me on this.

When you go in division, only the highest tier is balanced by MM, so for one of your T5, there was a T5 in the enemy as well. Actually your team had way better battleships because of your div. Playing 3 cruiser div is the biggest mistake you can make here.

it's better to go 3 DD right?

or do a mix 2 DD 1 BB

or 2 BB 1 DD / 2 BB 1 CL

Beta Tester
106 posts
2,843 battles

The problem is people always complain when MM is stacked against them but keep quiet when MM does the opposite. It's a confirmation bias.

In my experience, MM gives my team the advantage about as often as it gives disadvantage. MM has come a long way since Beta, and it's much better now than back then.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

And here it goes again MM just says freak(censored) you. But I met Ensign tho.

8bXO6zD.jpg

That game was so weird. Our CV got nuked within 3 minutes, the Scharnorst didn't move for 2 minutes, our NY took 3 minutes and half way through the game i noticed one of your team went through the middle to our cap.

I shouldn't be surprised. Just another typical game in WOWs... lol

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

I think those two teams are balanced enough (but poor Ognevoi tho)......

:honoring:

Edited by IJN_Akashi

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
410 posts
15,045 battles

I think those two teams are balanced enough (but poor Ognevoi tho)......

:honoring:

Yeah, probably. Post battle finding out you were up against 4 x Rank 1s, three of which were in a division, was a kick in the teeth. But you get that.

19 posts
753 battles

Well, just be glad that matchmaker is a lot better now than it was in the Alpha :P

Trust me, it's improved a boat load.

Sign in to follow this