Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
asbay

Beta weekend - download time

36 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
80 posts
70 battles

Just wondering why the beta (2nd beta weekend, file 5gb size) download or upgrade took soooooo long to download , I know of one person there download took 18hrs,  mine took 13hrs, my sons stopped at 86% and had to restart the client so many times to get it to finish ,he started it on Saturday an didn't finished downloading to Sunday afternoon. an other people have had the same problem, my location Australia . I hope WOWS can explain why.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/1627-important-announcement-to-weekend-testers/

If you find the torrent method is too slow you can try turning that off and doing a direct download.

(On the launcher click the spanner (top right) and uncheck use torrent.)

Beta Tester
183 posts
5,186 battles

it took me 5 hours...........

I'm using torrent mode first.........

then I realize there's not enough seeder at the moment.........

then I re-download it with direct download mode..........

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Took me 2 hours :trollface:

inb4 AALG comes in saying he finished it in 2 seconds.

Too late : http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/1671-hack-slow-downloading-speed/page__pid__21443#entry21443 :

Solution : Move to a country with better internet connectivity to the rest of the world, including to Singapore where the WoWS Asia gameserver and the WG Asia Content Distribution Server resides.

I downloaded AND installed the full 4 GB Beta Weekend client here from Copenhagen, Denmark, in under 15 minutes.

But then again I have 250/250 Mbit/s uncapped fiber access for under 45 USD a month here, which I have split up in 100/100 Mbit/s on the game segment of my LAN, 100/100 mbit/s on my work segment, and 50/50 on my mediaserver/netflix stream/smart-tv segment.  :trollface:

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

well, client is still in alpha....so there could be problems on downloading......so yep....loots of factors to be considered........

:honoring:

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
390 posts
3,801 battles

Untick the allow torrents next time, that was the hold up, ignore JD and his trolling... He doesnt live in Aus so that's my response ;)

4 posts
847 battles

Can someone please send me an invite code.im really interested in playing this.even if it's for a wknd until the game officially launches.thankyou.

It's shelley01 in wot in relic clan

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

Can someone please send me an invite code.im really interested in playing this.even if it's for a wknd until the game officially launches.thankyou.

It's shelley01 in wot in relic clan

lel too late indeed....

wait for its official release, that is the only way (unless another Beta Weekend comes)........

Beta Tester
12 posts
823 battles

wew 5gb download time on my net is exactly 24 hours @ max of 90 kb/s 

Edited by Jan

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

wew 5gb download time on my net is exactly 24 hours @ max of 90 kb/s 

and expect an another patch update if there is an another beta weekend comoing.....

(or probably we download an another whole game client if CBT is the next step).....

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

Download time on my end for the 5GB+ tool 2 hours. The perks of Fiber.

because of your "sniveling bastard" mode on that specific garage cafe.....(how I wish I can find an internet cafe here with the same connection)

of course doing that while you're harvesting the cries of pain and agony by those LoL players....hue :trollface:

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

WHY ASIAN SERVER IS DOWN! I DOWNLOAD WORLD OF WARSHIP FOR NOTHING

ahm because the weekend test is already over........you can wait for an another weekend test, or probably closed beta test.....

Sign in to follow this