You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Spawny_

Sell the Cleveland? Yay or Nay?

Sell the Cleveland?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Sell the Cleveland?

39 comments in this topic

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

So, it has finally come to this....with the introduction of the Royal Navy Leander, I see no reason the play the Cleveland anymore. 

Has it finally been rendered obsolete by the Leander?

shot-16.10.31_19.34.44-0854.jpg

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,276 battles

They have somewhat different roles.

The Cleveland has the option of safety while fighting BBs albeit with reduced effectiveness.

The Leander has the option of risking it to kill the BB with a hard blow of torpedoes.

It comes down to your playing style.

38 posts
3,810 battles

Sell the T6 USN flamethrower and part-time fly-swatter?

In what way has the Leander made Cleveland obsolute for you though?

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Sell the T6 USN flamethrower and part-time fly-swatter?

In what way has the Leander made Cleveland obsolute for you though?

Leander, though it has much shorter range than Cleveland, has smoke and radar, allowing the Leander to close in to the enemy with its awesome 10.1km concealment and smoke up. Then you can sit happily and spam yr AP shells to kingdom come (at least till yr smoke runs out). Though both Leander and Cleveland has sub-orbital shell trajectory, (however Leanders shell speed is faster I think)  the fact that Leander can close the gap to the enemy ships cancels out this problem. Now imagine what the Cleveland has to do just to get in that close to make its shell effective? It has to use islands and dodge like crazy from incoming shells in order to use its 14.6km range. Most times it doesn't end well. For me it has been render obsolete in this regard. 

NAY NAY I SAY CLEVELAND HAS BEST AA IN USN CRUISERS TILL BALT

Yes. Best AA.  No doubt. With the current meta of 1 or 2 CVS,  or none at all (depending on the season and missions) , it's AA has become very situational. So what's your value in a game with no CV? Even with 1 CV,  it's a 50/50 chance that you'll be at the right side of the map of where enemy CV is sending her planes. Situational as I said. 

Do it - you know you want to, just press the sell button!!!!

JUST DO IT!!!!

Just do it!

Just do it!

Hehe. . . Very tempted . . . Though a bit sad that it has come to this. It's my only ship that I had in my port since I started playing this game when Wows went live. Might get rid of Omaha too at the same time. Already have the Murmansk. 

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

. Might get rid of Omaha too at the same time. Already have the Murmansk. 

But Omaha is better than Murmansk,

you can ask Deathsky about this.... :trollface:

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

But Omaha is better than Murmansk,

you can ask Deathsky about this.... :trollface:

No doubt...i love my Omaha but it's gathering cobwebs now. The same for the Furutaka. Time to free up the port slots.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,416 battles

No doubt...i love my Omaha but it's gathering cobwebs now. The same for the Furutaka. Time to free up the port slots.

so are you selling clevo or not?!

i luv my clevo eventhough and always go back to her sometimes, eventhough team always lose

but then again, she's the only tier 6 CL that i have 

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Leander, though it has much shorter range than Cleveland, has smoke and radar, allowing the Leander to close in to the enemy with its awesome 10.1km concealment and smoke up. Then you can sit happily and spam yr AP shells to kingdom come (at least till yr smoke runs out). Though both Leander and Cleveland has sub-orbital shell trajectory, (however Leanders shell speed is faster I think)  the fact that Leander can close the gap to the enemy ships cancels out this problem. Now imagine what the Cleveland has to do just to get in that close to make its shell effective? It has to use islands and dodge like crazy from incoming shells in order to use its 14.6km range. Most times it doesn't end well. For me it has been render obsolete in this regard. 

Yes. Best AA.  No doubt. With the current meta of 1 or 2 CVS,  or none at all (depending on the season and missions) , it's AA has become very situational. So what's your value in a game with no CV? Even with 1 CV,  it's a 50/50 chance that you'll be at the right side of the map of where enemy CV is sending her planes. Situational as I said. 

Hehe. . . Very tempted . . . Though a bit sad that it has come to this. It's my only ship that I had in my port since I started playing this game when Wows went live. Might get rid of Omaha too at the same time. Already have the Murmansk. 

Who told you she has Radar? I play her daily and I can honestly say that's one option she doesn't have. IE: You can't shoot out of the smoke without spotters unless you want to rely on Hydro with it's 5k range!  I believe you can get the spotting plane or fighter but it'll cost you the smoke...... (definitely not an option I'd take)

She is a great ship though with plenty of get up and go (think hot rod style - insane acceleration but really struggles to slow down) and like the Emerald is highly situational. I got a Kraken yesterday in her yesterday so she can definitely pull her own weight but can struggle against tier 7's and 8's.   

Good luck.

18 posts
1,238 battles

Nay nay nay

I love my Cleveland. It can dodge, it can tank, it kills planes, it burns ships.

My 250+ games in the Cleveland was just the beginning, still far from unleashing its potential.

Edited by HammondUke

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

Nay nay nay

I love my Cleveland. It can dodge, it can tank, it kills planes, it burns ships.

My 250+ games in the Cleveland was just the beginning, still far from unleashing its potential.

If you need that many games to find the strength of a ship, may be the ship is bad.

38 posts
3,810 battles

If you need that many games to find the strength of a ship, may be the ship is bad.

Maybe he means he is not good with the ship? :P

18 posts
1,238 battles

Maybe I am bad.:P

Maybe he means he is not good with the ship? :P

Yes I am not good at all. I am absolutely a noob.:D