You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

How would you describe your recent experience in a smoke cloud?

Hit in smoke.  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How would you describe your recent experience in a smoke cloud?

• Same as always
    • I feel like it is different
    • I suspect something may be amiss
    • I am convinced there is an illegal mod

25 comments in this topic

2,222 posts
13,727 battles

A few people have raised the topic about being hit in smoke. How would you rate your recent experience?

Edited by keskparane

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

pop smoke, fire shells like there's no tomorrow, get detected by hydro/sonar, get blasted by enemy, attempt escape.

hmmm, seems normal to me.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Well I just bombed a Neptune for 36k by blindfiring him inside his own smoke using my Montana. Haven't got reported yet.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Every time I've sat in a smokecloud, I've gotten either a salvo of torps aimed at me nearly immediately, or counterbattery fire. So, no real difference.

2,222 posts
13,727 battles

shoot or dive bomber or torpedo bomber I can kill who shoot come out from smoke

That's both perfectly normal, and not an experience of you in smoke :P

I just found it interesting to see this question has been raised recently because after 0.5.12.0 I felt like I had been hit by some oddly lucky shots. It didn't feel like the usual pot shots as per you example.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

never stay stationary inside the smoke. there are some clever player there who will dump torpedo or even lucky it against you. always try to change move forward or backward. be on the look for incoming torpedo. if the shell are landing near your ship, start moving moving away a bit.

671 posts
1,508 battles

I use smoke as a decoy, pop smoke, run the hell outta there. Maybe some teammates will go in the smoke and get shrekt by Sxhiffschreck. Works like magic....

Edited by ShadoPulse

2,222 posts
13,727 battles

Is this sekretly one of those... omg im not spotted how am i getting hit, must be cheats.... thread?

Yeah but nah. I realize that this topic has been raised before in many guises. For me I felt like it had changed a little recently though. A few people mentioned it so I thought I would poll to get the general impression from those that are interested. I would not have mentioned it if a couple of other users hadn't recently posed the question.

Video Contributor
2,266 posts
10,789 battles

That's both perfectly normal, and not an experience of you in smoke :P

I just found it interesting to see this question has been raised recently because after 0.5.12.0 I felt like I had been hit by some oddly lucky shots. It didn't feel like the usual pot shots as per you example.

If you want to shoot come out of smoke

You need forward 1/4 and full backward and do it again again and again, if who have many experience, I can't help you a lot :)

Once time I told my friend smoke and run and he spammed in smoke and he got heavy damaged from Tirpitz and bomber and died with blind torpedoes bomber:teethhappy:

And I said "who should you stayed in smoke and shoot come out from smoke":trollface:

2,222 posts
13,727 battles

Smoke says, "shoot/torp me if I'm silly enough to sit in it".   Nothing has changed.

It's not about normal spam the smoke though. It's about a suspected change in accuracy of the shots fired.

edit: Some here have commented that they find firing into smoke the same, and these people may well have voted, and this will skew the result. This is not about firing into the smoke, it doesn't concern them. This is about people in the smoke cloud. In fact it appears that currently approx half of the responses here fall into that category. If we were to remove half the no difference votes then the poll would currently indicate approx 40% think it is not as it has always been. I think that is a significant amount.

Edited by keskparane

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

oh, okay

you mean, the accuracy between firing inside smoke and firing normally is different?

then the answer still the same 90% of it

nothing change

except from the fact that the screen become blurry due to smoke

2,222 posts
13,727 battles

oh, okay

you mean, the accuracy between firing inside smoke and firing normally is different?

then the answer still the same 90% of it

nothing change

except from the fact that the screen become blurry due to smoke

No.

... being hit in smoke. How would you rate your recent experience?

2,222 posts
13,727 battles

l expect you just trolling because it's the only way I can rationalize a lot of the questions I get asked in these posts.

.....what are you on about,

Same as always

- I feel like it is different

I suspect something may be amiss

- I am convinced there is an illegal mod

......enemy also can predict where you are, based on ally shots that missed

They seem to me to be missing a lot less recently. It's almost as if their luck has changed. Posts #8 & #18 have both addressed this already.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

l expect you just trolling because it's the only way I can rationalize a lot of the questions I get asked in these posts.

Same as always

- I feel like it is different

I suspect something may be amiss

- I am convinced there is an illegal mod

They seem to me to be missing a lot less recently. It's almost as if their luck has changed. Posts #8 & #18 have both addressed this already.

simple, try shooting something that is not targeted with the one targeted, the targeting will screw but not the accuracy, it requires training, and most above average player is dare enough to even shoot bird with their battleship guns (albeit 90% will miss)

git gud

Edited by Harpoon01

2,222 posts
13,727 battles

simple, try shooting something that is not targeted with the one targeted, the targeting will screw but not the accuracy, it requires training, and most above average player is dare enough to even shoot bird with their battleship guns (albeit 90% will miss)

awesome tip. thanks :honoring:

edit: I should say I have interpreted this as "Make sure you have some other target locked then aim into the smoke. That way the shells will go where your reticle is aimed"

Edited by keskparane