You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

How to kill Bismark and Tirptitz as North Carolina?

35 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Hi all, just a question for North Carolina captains out there. I am finding myself having a quite hard time dealing with the Bismark and Tirpitz in my North Carolina. Because the optimal range for North Carolina is <15 km, very often I have to deal with German BBs. Whilst it is true that my shells deals a lot of damage to German BBs. Armour angling negates this and then when they get within 10km their secondaries is just too much for the NC. One of the tactic that I carried over from the Colorado is to kite the enemy battleships. But then again they are faster than me and their secondaries are devastating. Are there any suggestions as to what I should do to counter German Battleships ? Or am I doing something wrong ?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Plan ahead. You don't want them within secondary range of you, but between 11-17km (for Bismarck, at least), they are at your mercy. So don't just point your bow on and assume everything's fine. Spend some HP to reposition if they attempt to come to you, then fire over the shoulder at them until they give up (because they're not going to catch up with you unless you do something really stupid)

126 posts
8,240 battles

hmm...

Not all of them will charge to you

If they charge you it means you are TOO close to them

or you have no crusiers near you

Normal BB players would fear about DOT if theres some crusiers near you.

So the best option is to stay with crusiers and sink the bismarck together

What if they charge you and you are solo yoloing

Switch HE and rekt their face---option 1

Rekt their superstructure by your AP even they are angling---option 2

Run and find your teammates---option 3

28knot and 32knot wont made a very big difference

He cant enter your 6km so quickly

Besides secondaries are not effective when shooting someone running away from u

563 posts
4,686 battles

1v1 you must not get within 10km of a Bismarck. When you get within this border, you're owned. Kite them from outside the 10km secondaries and you should be fine

84 posts
4,438 battles

Those 380mm. while the have good damage and reload but their relatively lower penetration value make them struggle dealing decent damage against angled battleship. So you'd be fine as long as you keep yourself angled and out of those fire lighter's range. 

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

When you see one of them, it is the time to stop or go 1/4. Prolong the time where they can't take advantage of the turtleback armor. If they charging towards you, go reverse, if they ran away, go forward. Play with your speed. 

Also always aim at the upper belt/deck, the lower belt armor is going to block everything when angled.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Hi all, just a question for North Carolina captains out there. I am finding myself having a quite hard time dealing with the Bismark and Tirpitz in my North Carolina. Because the optimal range for North Carolina is <15 km, very often I have to deal with German BBs. Whilst it is true that my shells deals a lot of damage to German BBs. Armour angling negates this and then when they get within 10km their secondaries is just too much for the NC. One of the tactic that I carried over from the Colorado is to kite the enemy battleships. But then again they are faster than me and their secondaries are devastating. Are there any suggestions as to what I should do to counter German Battleships ? Or am I doing something wrong ?

Here you go played NC in rank and go full reverse and yolo all the way :trollface:

s6u6bs.jpg

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Welp, German BBs are source of damage numbers. Specially against NC. Also, if you go bow in, you can shoot, 6 guns, their secondaries will barely hit anything but your bow, BIsmarck will never pen your bow at all, and at close range bismarck gets lolpenned by NC. There you go.

But you know, prevention is better than cure, kill Bismarck while they charge in.

I kinda forgot to take screenshots, but sub 10 km close range NC salvo will give you up to 30k damage on Bismarck upper hull. Don't forget you can citadel them at long range almost regularly.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Welp, German BBs are source of damage numbers. Specially against NC. Also, if you go bow in, you can shoot, 6 guns, their secondaries will barely hit anything but your bow, BIsmarck will never pen your bow at all, and at close range bismarck gets lolpenned by NC. There you go.

But you know, prevention is better than cure, kill Bismarck while they charge in.

I kinda forgot to take screenshots, but sub 10 km close range NC salvo will give you up to 30k damage on Bismarck upper hull. Don't forget you can citadel them at long range almost regularly.

As what he say hehe from the image I show I been reversing and yolo with my 6 16' gun will do heeh

59 posts
12,002 battles

My advice is: YOU. DON'T. :D They'll screw you up :D 

My advice is: All engine back full, bow at 10-15* and chill with them :d

38 posts
3,810 battles

Wasn't there a GIF some time ago where someone citadelled a Bismarck in a NC using plunging fire? Complete with rainbow shell arcs mod too. :P

I personally don't high tier BB, but if I have to go against KM BBs in a NC, I would put distance between myself and them and aim for their superstructure/upper belt. Getting regular penetrations is the key.