You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reverse_Ideology

Regarding team killers

17 comments in this topic

[LLBC]
30 posts
7,906 battles

It was during the Halloween event where i team killed an ally, and turned pink. The reason for doing so was because the person in question decided to send out a salvo of torps at our Transylvania, and the health quickly depleted to roughly 8000 health. I went full salt mode, and started chipping away at his health to show my displeasure (he was pink for dealing that chunk of damage to the Transylvania), and when that player died, I realized that I, too, had turned pink. I looked through some forums, and read that in World of Tanks, players who team killed (with a blue name) can be shot at without any penalty, though the scoreboard will still show you killed -1 enemies. I was wondering if World of warships can also implement this, where if you kill an ally with a pink name, there will not be any penalties, and will not turn pink?

[R-A-N]
34 posts
11,364 battles

+1

I like this idea.. I witnessed today an ally open fire on a number of friendlies he turned pink, but ruined the game.. Also I was sunk by a friendly yesterday at the end of the match for no reason, no enemy even in sight... 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

No thanks, the number of accidental teamkills is higher than trolls and I'd rather not watch a useful teammate explode because someone goes "OMG TEAMKILLER MUST PUNISH"

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

No. It's not up to the players to hand out punishment for teamkilling. That just perpetuates a negative cycle. 

Imagine, you load into your next match pink, and the moment the match starts, someone blows you out of the water. Regardless of what you did to get pink in the first place. Doesn't sound nice, does it? 

Leave the punishment for pinking to the TK system - automatic sanctions are handed out. There's no need for the players to get involved beyond reporting.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

If the player is pink then he will probably need anywhere from 6 to 12 games to clear his name.  Any damage he does while pink is reflected back on him.  So by doing this we keep  the player in game and useful as well as keeping them on a leash until they stop being pink.

As Syanda said, pink can happen to anyone and they can still be useful to the team.   Ive been here since Alpha and yesterday I popped a torp and one of my team mates blundered into it.   I've never been pink before and then bingo I was for half a dozen games.   I just wanted to see what it was like to be Plzd0nthrtme.

6 posts
4,223 battles

Just resurrecting a slightly old thread because I don't expect any answer other than "suck it up" :-) but I had a bad couple of days. In no particular order, but roughly correct: I dropped some shells on an alleged "friendly" AI while attacking a hostile at near-max range. Like the hostile, the friendly has a ":...:" moniker. I'm firing at the hostile because it's doing that odd "I shall park here, then go forwards and backwards a bit". The friendly pulls alongside, and starts doing exactly the same thing. So, I get a warning for firing on a friendly.

In another game, I'm firing torpedoes at near max range and doing quite well because the hostiles are bunching themselves against land. A friendly scoots in front of the target after my torpedoes have run 7km or so. I'm tagged as a team killer. I mean, after 7km that's a long time in the past for me, and once in the water Mr Torpedo is nobody's friend. But fair enough.

In the last two games, I've had one ship fire at me repeatedly and herd me into an island. In the last game, a user who never moved fired at me continually. I went over to have a look and parked across his bow until he sank me. The hostiles then fired on him and he returned fire, but never moved. I guess that's a bot?

Anyway, I now carry the Mark of Caine for what's probably two accidental hits, followed by a bunch of silly/grumpy players. How long does this last??

13 posts
629 battles

Just resurrecting a slightly old thread because I don't expect any answer other than "suck it up" :-) but I had a bad couple of days. In no particular order, but roughly correct: I dropped some shells on an alleged "friendly" AI while attacking a hostile at near-max range. Like the hostile, the friendly has a ":...:" moniker. I'm firing at the hostile because it's doing that odd "I shall park here, then go forwards and backwards a bit". The friendly pulls alongside, and starts doing exactly the same thing. So, I get a warning for firing on a friendly.

In another game, I'm firing torpedoes at near max range and doing quite well because the hostiles are bunching themselves against land. A friendly scoots in front of the target after my torpedoes have run 7km or so. I'm tagged as a team killer. I mean, after 7km that's a long time in the past for me, and once in the water Mr Torpedo is nobody's friend. But fair enough.

In the last two games, I've had one ship fire at me repeatedly and herd me into an island. In the last game, a user who never moved fired at me continually. I went over to have a look and parked across his bow until he sank me. The hostiles then fired on him and he returned fire, but never moved. I guess that's a bot?

Anyway, I now carry the Mark of Caine for what's probably two accidental hits, followed by a bunch of silly/grumpy players. How long does this last??

accidental or not, a lot of members do kick ones ass if you tk someone, i have been pink myself and did a boohoo in the gd sayin "it was an accident" but no one sympathises with ya, at the moment i am a yellow color, i guess its a step by step thing...oh well, back to the bridge i go, later me hearty`s...

*while i was in the pink, i kept away from other players in case i "accidently" put a shell in one of them...just a thought.

Edited by PopEye2013

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Needs to be a cap on the level of sanction you can receive for every five seconds of gameplay.

Than way if a teammate turns into five of your torpedoes, your sanction will not be excessive. However, if you cause damage in any subsequent separate five seconds of game play, the sanction cap is removed.

In order to deter anyone exploiting this, all friendly damage should be recorded in your stats... (probably already is,,, I'm new to the game).

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Needs to be a cap on the level of sanction you can receive for every five seconds of gameplay.

Than way if a teammate turns into five of your torpedoes, your sanction will not be excessive. However, if you cause damage in any subsequent separate five seconds of game play, the sanction cap is removed.

In order to deter anyone exploiting this, all friendly damage should be recorded in your stats... (probably already is,,, I'm new to the game).

Nope not when those 5 torps will kill someone

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Nope not when those 5 torps will kill someone

but then what is to protect you from someone that's got it in for you from deliberately jumping in front of your torpedoes to make you purple?.... well never saw it happen, but just wondering if it did?

3 posts
4,554 battles

I already posted in "General" then found this thread.

Is there any chance of changing the TK colour from Pink.  I TK'd the other day because I didn't notice he was not red in the heat of battle.

Maybe a light green instead.  I do my best to not shoot team mates but this one was low on HP and only took 1 salvo at close range.

Has this happened to others?

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

I already posted in "General" then found this thread.

Is there any chance of changing the TK colour from Pink.  I TK'd the other day because I didn't notice he was not red in the heat of battle.

Maybe a light green instead.  I do my best to not shoot team mates but this one was low on HP and only took 1 salvo at close range.

Has this happened to others?

I think it automatically goes away after a period of time?

Personally, i put absolute priority on avoiding friendly fire, above winning, above dying myself..... if a friendly is in the zone i want to shoot, i will even sit there and look AFK if i have too rather than risk friendly fire.....

Even so, i do get the occasional warning, so that tells me i should be looking to be even more cautious.

3 posts
4,554 battles

You can only be so cautious in battle.  Also I am only a casual player so I don't have the time to become an expert at the game.

I play again after a break of several weeks and see something red looking I shoot it. Too late I realize it was pink and not red.  I also play WoT where I don't have to worry about pink.

It does annoy me that I messed up somebody else's game due to a mistake that could be avoided with a colour change.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

You can only be so cautious in battle.  Also I am only a casual player so I don't have the time to become an expert at the game.

I play again after a break of several weeks and see something red looking I shoot it. Too late I realize it was pink and not red.  I also play WoT where I don't have to worry about pink.

It does annoy me that I messed up somebody else's game due to a mistake that could be avoided with a colour change.

There is that settings option to give more information on ships in game... you know, the one that warns it may affect performance.

Interestingly, i did get someone dive in front of my torps last night!

I was in a destroyer, and another destroyer nearby... he went round the island one way and i went the other.... i came to the clearing and launched tops at many enemy ships, suddenly the other destroyer decided to turn around and go for my side of the island, he came around in front of me much closer to the enemy and ate my torps then complained about it! I mean i don't know what he thought i was going to be doing there in front of all those enemy ships? Taking pictures mebe? But Torping? No, i should sit on my hands and do nothing just in case he wants to turn around and come through my side of the island.

[AUS_P]
Beta Tester
73 posts
13,194 battles

Easy to kill somebody that has turn pink , force them to ram you causing them to get the damage. :) 

Edited by EvilJade