You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mister_Teatime

Thoughts on the Yorck . . .

8 comments in this topic

146 posts
10,209 battles

I know it gets a lot of hate, and I was a hater for the first dozen or so matches - but currently it's the ship I look forward to playing most each day. And I feel like I'm doing well in it - usually finish in top 3 or so. Just had a great match with three good kills (including taking a Myoko down in one volley (4 cits). I've almost unlocked Hipper now and it's the first time I'm seriously considering keeping a ship and captain (14 points - approaching 15). I've unlocked NC, Benson, Amagi, Mogami, Chapy, and never looked back once (although I was sad to see Ogi go). . . now I don't know what to do. 

Any fellow Yorck fans out there? - how does the Hipper compare? Viable with a new captain? (I don't have a German premium for training). 

450 posts
7,896 battles

she is the best Cruiser in my opinion, even better then Myoko. Long range, awesome AP shells, invisible amour even it is thin (I fought with one BB and one CA at CQ, it took them more than 5 minutes to kill me).

220 posts
3,420 battles

When I got my Yorck I thought just what a beautiful ship it was, I would just look at it and scroll around it and vowed to never get a scratch on it.

Then I played. I died a lot, well everytime I got seen I died, I died without out seeing how I died sometimes but they were the old days before I thought I got good

My outstanding Hipper just sits there in dock, I have had a couple of good days out but just not many so it sits there until I can get the Roon thinking yes the Roon will make up for my inabilities at WOWs

If you are good in the Yorck then you are indeed a good player

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Love the Yorck.It took we a little while to get used to how to play it,but its once of my favourite ships now.I can do more damage with the Myoko as its AP is better most of the time,but its just not as much fun as the Yorck.

Best times are chasing DDs into their smoke,the Yorck is a great DD killer

Hipper is good to,just AP everything that isn't a DD.I have even gotten citadels on Amagi's with its AP.Only time its not fun is when uptiered to 10 as I can never figure out how to play it well at that level (happens a fair bit due to low pop at high tier).

You should be able to go with a new captain with the Hipper,its pretty good from the start.

403 posts
8,181 battles

The main issue I had with Yorck was that her shell arcs were terrible (compared to IJN cruisers at least). Otherwise she was very average. I do not miss her at all, and am very happy I got Admiral Hipper and Roon