Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BanditSE1977

Mech game in WGs future?

6 comments in this topic

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Don't know how many people got the recent surveys by email,but one of the questions was if we were interested in a Mech game,I gather in a similar format to WOT/WoWs.

I said yes,a good mech game would be great,loved Mechwarrior 1,2 and 4 ( didn't like the demo of 3 so didn't get it ).But as long as they don't hash it like MWO,read a lot about that on the Star Citizen forums and PGI made a royal mess of that from what I seen!

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

There is already a mech game (which we shall not name in accordance to forum rules) by a different developer which is sort of like WoT/WoWP/WoWS in terms of PvP game format. That one didn't go too well, mostly because of poor design decisions IMO. Its ballistics and hit detection leaves a lot to be desired for. I was sorely disappointed about it since I was looking forward to piloting certain mechs I've always wanted from its universe and kitting it out with huge autocannons, PPCs, etc.

Hybrid Wars is decent in coop multiplayer and good to pass the time with friend, but its single player is quite meh and its mechs are just a shadow of what mech combat is really all about. It's just not the mech genre I'm looking for.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

WBLabs already released a Mech Game called Hybrid Wars. You could have brought it via the prem shop a few days ago!!

Ah,the impression I got was they were looking into a more Mechwarrior like title,seeing as the survey was recent! Didn't even connect it to Hybrid Wars.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

There is already a mech game (which we shall not name in accordance to forum rules) by a different developer which is sort of like WoT/WoWP/WoWS in terms of PvP game format. That one didn't go too well, mostly because of poor design decisions IMO. Its ballistics and hit detection leaves a lot to be desired for. I was sorely disappointed about it since I was looking forward to piloting certain mechs I've always wanted from its universe and kitting it out with huge autocannons, PPCs, etc.

Hybrid Wars is decent in coop multiplayer and good to pass the time with friend, but its single player is quite meh and its mechs are just a shadow of what mech combat is really all about. It's just not the mech genre I'm looking for.

Yeah,I kept an eye on that other one myself,but never drew my interest.Especially when I read that a lot of the balancing was solely to make more money.

Watched a vid of it by someone who also plays WoWs,and couldn't believe that it was a Cryengine game,it looked real bad.Plus the whole HUD looked real gimmicky and shallow too.MW4 looked better!

Sign in to follow this