Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

Why is everyone skipping/hating HMS Emerald?

45 comments in this topic

1,842 posts
8,112 battles

I mean... she's a good ship :great:, she has a fighter that can kill tier IV-VI planes, her spotter plane is good for camping at very far ranges (although low damage, she can still invisifiring) her secondaries are good, they even cause fire suddenly for a few hits, and she has quadruple torpedo tubes (much like the Furutaka, except it's short range) her AA is better (upgraded)

Well her drawbacks she had weak armor, low smokescreen and other stuff

HMS_Enterprise_1936_LOC_matpc_20251.jpgi really like the fighter and it kills higher tier planes :playing:

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Would appreciate some battle results to prove your point. But don't look at me,  I just researched Danae . . . But didn't bother to buy it. Seems RN CP line only gets good from Tier 6 above ? 

1,842 posts
8,112 battles

Would appreciate some battle results to prove your point. But don't look at me,  I just researched Danae . . . But didn't bother to buy it. Seems RN CP line only gets good from Tier 6 above ? 

It only gets good when it comes to Tier V-VI  :B

Emerald comes in handy in Co-op battles

I heard Leander was good, her ROF seems better :hiding:

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,059 battles

T5 MM is pretty horrific you mostly get grouped up with T6-7 ships and a rare T4-5 game, just ask yourself how powerful does your Emerald feel against ships like the Nagato, Myoko or Pensacola. T6 Leander is a pretty big improvement.

[LBAS]
4,499 posts
25,682 battles

Its just low tier, play or not, doesnt matter,

May be you dislike and I dislike, but may be some one will.

Danae is good, Leander is better. So I kept 2 ships.

Some funny thing I just realized, I have 4 T6 CAs: Aoba, Budyonny, Cleveland, Leander. if we have 3 ships in a division, then we got the alphabet A B C. If we have 2 ships in a division, then we got C L (Dual CL have any thing of 3 class)

1,842 posts
8,112 battles

Its just low tier, play or not, doesnt matter,

May be you dislike and I dislike, but may be some one will.

Danae is good, Leander is better. So I kept 2 ships.

Some funny thing I just realized, I have 4 T6 CAs: Aoba, Budyonny, Cleveland, Leander. if we have 3 ships in a division, then we got the alphabet A B C. If we have 2 ships in a division, then we got C L (Dual CL have any thing of 3 class)

Aoba's a Heavy Cruiser, not a Light Cruiser :hmm:

Cleve and Leander are Spammers

Buddy's a special one, she has more of a hybrid (ROF) when it comes to battles

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

Alpha Tester
128 posts
3,247 battles

Lol, troll post.

Emerald is awful.

Tier 5 for the most part gets killed with the current MM.

Designed so that you either grind through it, but Wg really want you to spend money to convert xp to skip it.

[LBAS]
4,499 posts
25,682 battles

Aoba's a Heavy Cruiser, not a Light Cruiser :hmm:

Cleve and Leander are Spammers

Buddy's a special one, she has more of a hybrid (ROF) when it comes to battles

How about C A 2 tanker spammers

BTW  C L still better

Edited by MatterCore

1,842 posts
8,112 battles

Less reason..... i know some people rant with the Royal Navy CLs because they have no HE shells or whatsoever, everyone feels like they hating/regretting buying these ships

Remember the German Cruisers? they have HE but with less fire and no smokescreen

For the British Cruisers..... i really have no idea why did they use AP more than HE?, they should Remove smoke and replace it with radar so it can be better.

19 posts
4,960 battles

Oh yeah she is a very good and generous ship, giving free EXP whenever I deleted her.

Maybe you should play her in a mode that's not co-op before you say anything about her. 

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
950 posts
5,652 battles

shot-16.10.27_12.55.21-0120.jpg

These are not 2 medal I expected to get with her. she isn't a bad ship but very much a second line ship. I also play a lot of DD's which helps me a lot when playing her.

shot-16.10.27_12.55.21-0120.jpg

Alpha Tester
128 posts
3,247 battles

An honest response.

Emerald is completely underwhelming.

In it's own tier, it's ok. As a top tier ship it actually does rather nicely.

However, the biggest problem is that she cannot "up-tier" or fight effectively ships of a higher tier. Given the tier five MM we currently have, she sees a lot of higher tier opponents and in those games the Emerald is a liability.

Rage sold mine last night.

Edit for grammar.

Edited by _Sabre_

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Thanks to this thread, I skipped emerald and went straight to Leander. . . . Best decision I made. Fiji is amazing sauce.  Can't wait for Fiji. 

Edited by TE_Spawnster_

[LBAS]
4,499 posts
25,682 battles

Thanks to this thread, I skipped emerald and went straight to Leander. . . . Best decision I made. Fiji is amazing sauce.  Can't wait for Fiji. 

Ah, just enjoy Leander, very good ship far more better than Emerald, Fiji Armor not good

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
407 posts
15,035 battles

I had a 76k damage round in her, doesn't mean it's good. Getting citadelled by DD HE is kind of terrible. Constantly fighting T7s is very hazardous and having little AA to deal with the low tier CV meta is the final nail in the coffin.

1,842 posts
8,112 battles

I had a 76k damage round in her, doesn't mean it's good. Getting citadelled by DD HE is kind of terrible. Constantly fighting T7s is very hazardous and having little AA to deal with the low tier CV meta is the final nail in the coffin.

You can improve the AA Damage by using BFT and Catapult Fighter

Or

Smokescreen your way against Tier VIIs and fire your torpedoes at 6.0kms 

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

This is a doctor Jekyll and mr Hyde ship alright which either does

byycGlq.png

But for every game like this you'll get 3-4 where you're basically making up the numbers as you're completely out gunned by Tier 7's. I had 75% of my games against tier 7 opponents. 

IMO I feel WG made a mistake in releasing the CL's at the same time as the Belfast and reissue of the Scharnhorst as it just exasberates the issues the RN line. Especially for the Emerald.

1,842 posts
8,112 battles

IMO I feel WG made a mistake in releasing the CL's at the same time as the Belfast and reissue of the Scharnhorst as it just exasberates the issues the RN line. Especially for the Emerald.

For some reason this is true  :look:

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
407 posts
15,035 battles

You can improve the AA Damage by using BFT and Catapult Fighter

Or

Smokescreen your way against Tier VIIs and fire your torpedoes at 6.0kms 

Thanks for the tip, bro.

Sign in to follow this