You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Chuck_Norris

British cruisers are garbage

159 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
3 posts
2,519 battles

Hi, i have never written anything in forums but i felt compelled to inform those who haven't played the new British cruisers well its disappointing to say the least. I spent a fair bit or real money on doubloons to free xp to the tier 7 Fiji and bought the Belfast well what a waste of money time and energy! So where do i start? The guns have like 0mm penetration i legit mean it! Only have AP shells on the Fiji so shooting at a Battleship even up close when you need to is pointless, the lack of HE means you are combat ineffective for the team. 0 damage each volley may get a lucky critical  that's it. My first match i shot point blank a dd 0 damage 2 volleys didn't over pen now just plain bounced in return i was demolished by a dd. Last game shooting a cruiser at just over 10km full broadside 0 damage surprise surprise i got wrecked in return. Iv'e played at least 10 matched in the Fiji shooting a tier 5 cruiser like 8km side on 1 shell did like 1k dame the rest of the volley bounced the tier 5 burnt me to the ground i limped away he looked brand new. So what is the penetration value of the 152mm British guns? seems it needs to be patched and i am not the only person to say this. Now the internet warriors will come out and say I'm a terrible player and the British ships are great etc probably not to far from the truth about my being a terrible player but last match point blank a tier 6 dd couldn't hurt him so frustrating and the Belfast has HE but its does no damage either?? I would love to give the Belfast back for the doubloons I spent on it. Now i was an Alpha and Beta tester and I am legit just shaking my head at the British fail train. So in short don't waste you're time, doubloons or energy on the British cruisers just yet I alone with many people were waiting for so long for the Royal Navy to turn up and was soooo lt down.

Anyway that's my 2 cents and vent, I know nothing will happen and I will be ridiculed by internet warriors alike and WG will probably suspend my account for saying something negative against the game because that is how they roll. But i felt i should warn those on the lower tiers that at the moment the British guns are ineffective especially in a tier 9 match in the tier 7 you will do little to no damage to ANYTHING.

[WOWMY]
185 posts
2,302 battles

Hi,

I'm not trying to ridicule you nor trying to kid you about RN Cruiser line. Although it does seems a little bit off from what you just stated, i've found quite a number of player which did very well in Fiji . Take Eurobeat our video community contributor for instance. Me vs Eurobeat . I'm in a Nicholas USN DD and he's in a Fiji and he totally wrecked me and to surprise and take it even further, managed to totally owned our Cruiser's and BB's with his skills. In a hand of a really good player, RN Cruiser can really reckt your day.

IMHO and my suggestion, you might want to look up and study more gameplay of RN Cruiser line . For starter you might want to head on to Youtube and look for Notser or iChasegaming and especially Eurobeat. All of them has great content and much to offer to their viewers.

Regards.

Alpha Tester
3 posts
2,519 battles

I can't seem to damage a thing with either ship. I just took my Russian Cruiser out 89k damage both have 152mm guns? same play style from me shooting at the same ships? The British Cruiser handle ok just he gun with no HE seems redundant to me but i am getting frustrated full broadside a DD for 0 damage and i mean 0. I know how to play i'm not that much of a scrub just frustrating when u get a nice clean volley into another soft cruiser or DD and most just ricochet off? from like 6km away and not the odd occasion either. I am very very underwhelmed by it. Over a 10 game span i hated it and i hate the fact i spent real money on it. I'm just warning others not to bother the russian cruisers out class the British imo.

435 posts
6,169 battles

OP I agree, a big waste of real money, in the release notes players were warned about these ships and I quote “ineffective in direct encounters with enemy heavy cruisers”.

There a special “sneak up” and “shadow play” tactic to captaining these ships. I’m only up to the Leander but I’m getting 1.13 kills per game and loads of damage. I’m finding RN ships are very effective in their role.

And I suggest you grind a ship line before you commit to it.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles

That belfast u bought is not a waste. It always give huge impact and eat up DD all day long. Most of time team with a Belfast win. Fiji in action also most of time are good.. maybe ur playstyle doesnt suit that line.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

I can't seem to damage a thing with either ship. I just took my Russian Cruiser out 89k damage both have 152mm guns? same play style from me shooting at the same ships? The British Cruiser handle ok just he gun with no HE seems redundant to me but i am getting frustrated full broadside a DD for 0 damage and i mean 0. I know how to play i'm not that much of a scrub just frustrating when u get a nice clean volley into another soft cruiser or DD and most just ricochet off? from like 6km away and not the odd occasion either. I am very very underwhelmed by it. Over a 10 game span i hated it and i hate the fact i spent real money on it. I'm just warning others not to bother the russian cruisers out class the British imo.

Here's a tip.

Both HE and UKCL AP have one thing in common: to deal damage you must aim for weak armor e.g. the superstructure. So, there's no reason why you should do no damage with AP if you use it the same way as you use HE in other 152 mm guns. In fact, due to AP having higher alpha damage, you should be doing more damage per salvo. The only downside is you can't start fires.

UKCL AP has 2 advantages over other AP:

• Smaller ricochet angles
  • Faster fuzes = a lot less overpens, this is why it's possible to get normal pen damage on superstructures

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Faster fuzes = a lot less overpens, this is why it's possible to get normal pen damage on superstructures

At some point i wonder if thats historical for RNCL to fire only AP and have a better fuzes compare to others nation or not :D:D:D

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
391 posts
14,953 battles

This is a troll post, surely?

I mean, if you're talking about everything up to the Emerald, I'm right there with you. They're kind of weak, sure. But Leander, Fiji and Belfast are far from weak.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,179 battles

At some point i wonder if thats historical for RNCL to fire only AP and have a better fuzes compare to others nation or not :D:D:D

Bolded - no, definitely not.

WG have created this "false" aspect to provide  differentiation between RN and other fleets cruisers.

All nations had AP and HE type shells.

Tee

Beta Tester
906 posts

All i know is Minotaur actually powerful if you able to grind through others crap ships :D:D:D

The other ships are not crap. :)

They are a fun ship to play and you need you to plan ahead. I have been getting conferdrates most of the time and few close calls to krakens (4 kills) in the fiji. Best game I had was 12k xp and 22k captain xp.

The ap has the penetration to do 6-7k dmg salvos. 

Can't wait until I get a minotaur.

Edited by SlamUez

1,125 posts

I saw Ichase review about British cruiser and about theirs fast fuse AP shell

it blow DD in 2 salvo without any overpen =[]=, that scared the hell out of me.

I'm grateful that they don't have HE, game have more than enough of 'spit fire' ship.

268 posts
6,381 battles

The real Chuck Norris uses paragraphs because he knows how to write posts that are easy to read. Tip for the future.

On topic, yes British cruisers appear to have a high skill floor, being VERY fragile and only having the ability to shoot AP. I've seen good players do really well in them, but average players will struggle.

WG need to look at the line, either in terms of armpur and citadel locations or adding a HE ammo or low (3%) fire chance to AP rounds.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Now i was an Alpha and Beta tester and I am legit just shaking my head at the British fail train. So in short don't waste you're time, doubloons or energy on the British cruisers just yet I alone with many people were waiting for so long for the Royal Navy to turn up and was soooo lt down.

Anyway that's my 2 cents and vent, I know nothing will happen and I will be ridiculed by internet warriors alike and WG will probably suspend my account for saying something negative against the game because that is how they roll. But i felt i should warn those on the lower tiers that at the moment the British guns are ineffective especially in a tier 9 match in the tier 7 you will do little to no damage to ANYTHING.

Gawd... you really have to mentioned your alpha & beta tester, so what?

You need to reconsider other tactics & think fast to counter such scenarios on UKCL. Have you read the tips & guide from this link?? http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/the-navy-is-here/

Given the tips & guide given in the link, players (for those who actually read & understands it) are already notified on pro & cons, the ship line's specs, etc.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
391 posts
14,953 battles

I heard that Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer, it's just a shame he's never cried.

Think of all the lives that can be saved now.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Objectively, the server stats say otherwise.

vng0r6S.png

ras1TpS.png

m9uniRs.png

Hqdi8cf.png

9zjaHeH.png

0bieYBU.png

YXgCoV2.png

CHGDxxJ.png

AvxZtDY.png

AuYbGtB.png

RNCLs have never been at the bottom of the list. In fact, it consistently scores within the top 3 in terms of damage starting from T6.

The fact you mentioned being a tester to make your comment valid is a petty.

435 posts
6,169 battles

An old Chinese saying:

When I’ve played 1000 games I thought I knew it all

When I’ve played 2000 games I knew that I’ve only known half of it

When I’ve played 4000 games I knew that I didn’t know any of it.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Well ain't that fitting for a guy named "Chuck_Norris", kek

Server stats & personal experiences have proven otherwise, so I am pretty certain the fault is on you.

1,107 posts
7,840 battles

British Cruiser is not for everyone.

it certainly not newb frindly, it require many condition to make it works which required quite vast player personal experience  to make it works. (and vast credits - since u preaty much need a minimum of at least 2 Premium consumables (repair party and smoke mainly) to fully use their potential) <- player without premium time, and try to equip all premium consumables - will have hard time economicaly. its just a hard line overall

I just lock Fiji ytd, and its a realy big step up from leander (u feel the improvement a lot (like litteraly 50% strongger)), Leander herself were not bad - but lower tier were absolutly garbage in comparasion.

overall, high tier ship were fun in pubs

the Hi-Stats were particularly skewed, since the player that uncloked ships that fast were generaly not your average pub scrubs. I expect the stats will took a dive when more people of varius skill level get their hands on it (which bassed on how garbage lower tier perform, They will gave up early )

overall, Brits cruiser need higher skill celling to perform, but in case of 2 equaly very Skillfull player matchup in same condition, The player with Atago will perform consistently better than even the player in minatour - because AP can be inconsistent, and can counterplayed easily - especialy low calliber one

Edited by humusz

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

The british ships most definitely handle differently. You need to go poke your AP where the armor is lighter (e.g. superstructure, deck) so you can rack up some massive damage lel