You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kairiken_Ea

Perth, has radar, at tier 6

21 comments in this topic

8 posts
2,863 battles

The downfall of Navyfield stared when they added a premium FF sized CL with BB guns.

What World of warships did is, to add DD sized CL, that has CL guns, CL tier 8 consumables, CL health point, DD smoke, better than DD acceleration and manoeuvrability.

Belfast was Overpowered, with these, and it tier 7. Now, Perth, tier 6 has all these too.

1,125 posts

Isn't belfast is very fragile? I saw it in review.

it may be a DD super killer, but a good salvo form a fellow CA or BB can halve it's HP

but there's one thing that I agree though

"smoke" should be one of signature of DD (that when game was at first launch)

now many CA/CL have it too

8 posts
2,863 battles

Isn't belfast is very fragile? I saw it in review.

it may be a DD super killer, but a good salvo form a fellow CA or BB can halve it's HP

but there's one thing that I agree though

"smoke" should be one of signature of DD (that when game was at first launch)

now many CA/CL have it too

​It fragile, which also means, easily over penetration; which greatly reduces the potential citadel 10k+ damage to a mere 1 k damage.

Versus BB, pop smoke, free shots; Versus CA, tier 7 and under do not have radar, pop smoke, free shots again. Versus Tier 8 or 9 CA, your concealment, acceleration, near full speed U turn makes you avoiding them easily.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

i don't know

Belfast hull is thick unlike DD, when complete Broadside, the Scharnhorst gun caliber and below will instantly rekt her, no question is asked

15 inch Gnei and Bismarck also works, just make sure you actually hit the Citadel area, it is quite small suprisingly

there is a good reason why they sell Scharnhorst at the same time:trollface:

Edited by Harpoon01

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,237 battles

Well, historically cruisers did lay smokescreens.

That said, I agree that as something which was a real DD game mechanic, it has been diluted a bit (though there are no CA in game that have smoke as yet). 

I always though it would be rather good to make smoke a consistent high tier CL thing. T8+ CA get heal, and T8+ CL get smoke, that sort of system. WG seems to be going with a more national flavour, case by case approach though.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
394 posts
14,960 battles

I see more people using CL smoke badly than I do using it well, I don't see it as a problem at the moment. Moreover, the area is so small it's not too difficult to flush out someone camping in one.

8 posts
2,863 battles

I see more people using CL smoke badly than I do using it well, I don't see it as a problem at the moment. Moreover, the area is so small it's not too difficult to flush out someone camping in one.

Don't for get, Belfast have hydro and radar. firing torp at 9km range, by the time it reach the smoke, it will be too spread to hit Belfast. The super acceleration make it easy to dodge torps.

And ships gets within 8km, will get radar detected, free shots for Belfast while it hide in smoke, kills the DD(even CL), than have enough time to run from torp.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
394 posts
14,960 battles

Don't for get, Belfast have hydro and radar. firing torp at 9km range, by the time it reach the smoke, it will be too spread to hit Belfast. The super acceleration make it easy to dodge torps.

And ships gets within 8km, will get radar detected, free shots for Belfast while it hide in smoke, kills the DD(even CL), than have enough time to run from torp.

I'm aware, I have a Belfast. I also know that torps force me to use that super acceleration and hence get pushed from my smoke.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

belfast has no heal in trade with radar.

belfast has no torpedo in trade with HE.

their radar last only 25 second at tier 8. just enough to scare enemy DD from cap and deal some damage if alone. but enough to kill a dd if there are other ship that can focus fire.

i haven't seen this new ship but its a tier 6. it mean she has no access to concealment like beflast. she probably don't have a HE since she got heal pack. so she wont be that overpowered. if the dd has other ship backing her up, its hard for a flimsy tier 6 to go on radar range just to detect a destroyer. she will get blasted into pieces.

i doubt she's going to be overpowered.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
394 posts
14,960 battles

i haven't seen this new ship but its a tier 6. it mean she has no access to concealment like beflast.

Maybe not, but with CE my Leander was at 8.8km detection and the Belfast is 8.7km. It's fair to assume the Perth will have a similar detection range to the Leander. From what I've seen in pub servers, I'm fairly sure it has HE too.

8 posts
2,863 battles

Chill man.. Perth still not release yet.. all stats you mentioned could be just an imagination...

​I got Radar detected behind a huge island while having a game while Perth. There was two other ship, Bayern at 11km away, and Atago at 12km away. I am aware Atago have radar, but if I am right, it would not reach 12km range.  And the only other ship, at 4.4km range when radar detect went off, is Perth. Not possible it hydro, as hydro range is roughly  3.65km range.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

​I got Radar detected behind a huge island while having a game while Perth. There was two other ship, Bayern at 11km away, and Atago at 12km away. I am aware Atago have radar, but if I am right, it would not reach 12km range.  And the only other ship, at 4.4km range when radar detect went off, is Perth. Not possible it hydro, as hydro range is roughly  3.65km range.

That not mean there not another unspotted ships behind island that can radar you... 

and even that actually Perth spotting you with its radar, that ship is still in testing.. did you ever see any Perth in Premium shop ?? by the time of its release there might not have radar anymore.

Just give us some screen shot so we can discuss properly, just word or your assumption is not enough to proof your point. 

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Got a replay file or team lineup screenshot?