Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sammuell

Will Yamashiro become a Tier 6 Premium

26 comments in this topic

450 posts
7,896 battles

I just looked at the Yamshiro wiki page and found that she had torps. I guess it would be a pretty fun ship if we can sail a Fuso with torps 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Suubmerge torp is useless to a huge degree, because of the positioning, unlike Submarine (well they too but they are invisible when submerged) and Surface Launcher, the ship must angle to appropriate position before firing
in other words

show your broadside completely 90 degree 

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Submerge torp is useless to a huge degree, because of the positioning, unlike Submarine and Surface Launcher, the ship must angle to appropriate position before firing

in other words

show your broadside completely 90 degree 

And i dont think WG gonna implement that feature since many ships in this game actually have Submerge torpedoes and yet we didnt see such a feature in those ships

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

And i dont think WG gonna implement that feature since many ships in this game actually have Submerge torpedoes and yet we didnt see such a feature in those ships

impractical

that's why

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

impractical

that's why

In real life yes, in-game i think it just gonna make low tier Battleship too powerful and high tier one with bow Torpedoes gonna even more promote bow tanking and bow yolo + Torpedoes soup meta and it might actually effect WG marketing since BB with torpedoes going to be common and they cannot make Premium BB with Torpedoes to be a special thing.

But well we might actually get Yamashiro (1917 hull) with Submerge torp then :trollface:

1,162 posts

The aviation battleship version? Maybe give her controllable air squadron with the size of Hosho's

Impossible and impractical. How to control air and sea at same time.

I just want her to be topdog in MM, thats all. Also 12 guns vs 8/6 of others.

191 posts
10,640 battles

I just want her to be topdog in MM, thats all. Also 12 guns vs 8/6 of others.

Same time not possible. But you can switch between views to use the main armament and air groups. The 12 guns are actually the exact same guns as Fuso's...

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Thinking about having Fighter that can cover you self (just click and forget about the attack wave + can just hep CV in fight) and can scout freely in non CV game...

Aviation Battleship gonna break the game balance for sure...  (1 Saipan + 2  Aviation Battleships Division air supremacy confirmed)

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

Same time not possible. But you can switch between views to use the main armament and air groups. The 12 guns are actually the exact same guns as Fuso's...

Then what about mm?

If we put her as CV, then she struggles at fighting other CV.

Even if we put her as BB, then she is OP because she has squadrons.....

1,162 posts

Thats why I want her at T7, moar guns moar chances of hitting.

Thinking about having Fighter that can cover you self (just click and forget about the attack wave + can just hep CV in fight) and can scout freely in non CV game...

Aviation Battleship gonna break the game balance for sure...  (1 Saipan + 2  Aviation Battleships Division air supremacy confirmed)

R.I.P Rock-Paper-Scissor

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Then what about mm?

If we put her as CV, then she struggles at fighting other CV.

Even if we put her as BB, then she is OP because she has squadrons.....

I think Ise and Hyuga only able to equip with Fighter and Light bomber is not going to actually effect the DPM output but the most disturbing effect now it have squadrons to scout freely in non CV game.

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

In real life yes, in-game i think it just gonna make low tier Battleship too powerful and high tier one with bow Torpedoes gonna even more promote bow tanking and bow yolo + Torpedoes soup meta and it might actually effect WG marketing since BB with torpedoes going to be common and they cannot make Premium BB with Torpedoes to be a special thing.

But well we might actually get Yamashiro (1917 hull) with Submerge torp then :trollface:

too powerful? you mean too easy to Dev Strike?

bow torpedoes that ever fired on Battleship only exist in HMS Nelson Class Battleship, Rodney

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

too powerful? you mean too easy to Dev Strike?

Smart player (Sealelubber) will just close in with bow-on and slam enemy with Torpedoes + more random torpedoes so more Torpedoes meta 

bow torpedoes only exist in HMS Nelson Class Battleship

You forget H-Class Battleships and many Blueprint BB that have it :trollface:

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

You forget H-Class Battleships and many Blueprint BB that have it :trollface:

pfft, they discard the idea of HOW USELESS THEY ARE

pls read history and do research before start an argument

Submerge  torpedo have fixed position even more than "Sailed-Battleship"'s Cannon

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

pfft, they discard the idea of HOW USELESS THEY ARE

pls read history and do research before start an argument

Submerge  torpedo have fixed position even more than "Sailed-Battleship"'s Cannon

Is like when someone claim that crossing the T is good tactic in WoWs becasue it work in history but in game you just giving citadels :trollface:

Submerge torpedoes in-game it mean you have more weapons and more flexible to engage enemy ship wonder how many time you encoundter the situation you cannot turn and force to bow on against another BB ??

With Bow Torpedoes you can just randomly spray in front of you and might hit while you can still dealing damage with main guns, maybe you and me just play this game differently that why you dont see how submerge torpedoes can come in handy, if i can have submerge torpedoes without sacrifice other stats of existing ship i rather have it than not :trollface:

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Is like when someone claim that crossing the T is good tactic in WoWs becasue it work in history while in game you just giving citadels :trollface:

While in-game it mean you have more weapons and more flexible to engage enemy ship wonder how many time you encoundter the situation you cannot turn and force to bow on against another BB ??

With Bow Torpedoes you can just randomly spray in front of you and might hit with you can still dealing damage with main guns, maybe you and me just play this game difference that why you dont see how submerge torpedoes can come in handy, if i can have submerge torpedoes without sacrifice other stats of existing ship i rather have it than not :trollface:

Crossing T is tactics to Max the firepower while in the same time vulnerable to Torp, subs, and Air Strike

if you actually play KC:trollface:you should know, if not Shima tan might angry

and Nelson Class have 12 or so torpedoes on the bow

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Crossing T is tactics to Max the firepower while in the same time vulnerable to Torp, subs, and Air Strike

if you actually play KC:trollface:you should know, if not Shima tan might angry

Now you going to another topic we talking about WoWs right :trollface:??

and Nelson Class have 12 or so torpedoes on the bow

So what ?? that mean you want submerge torpedoes or not ??

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Now you going to another topic we talking about WoWs right :trollface:??

So what ?? that mean you want submerge torpedoes or not ??

still relatable:trollface:

yes, in nelson

but that would be next year

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I just looked at the Yamshiro wiki page and found that she had torps. I guess it would be a pretty fun ship if we can sail a Fuso with torps 

Last year, someone asked for Kongou's submerge torpedoes. Met same opposition, so no.

450 posts
7,896 battles

it is useless in real world but it is useful in game, as players sometimes go CQB on BBs. 

And for Ise, I don't think WG will release it as it will become a slow version of Kongo as it only have 4x2 356mm guns. The critical issue they have to solve is switch between BB mode and CV mode. 

If they can't solve it, the FTs and bombers can only fight automatically, without the manual option. 

191 posts
10,640 battles

it is useless in real world but it is useful in game, as players sometimes go CQB on BBs. 

And for Ise, I don't think WG will release it as it will become a slow version of Kongo as it only have 4x2 356mm guns. The critical issue they have to solve is switch between BB mode and CV mode. 

If they can't solve it, the FTs and bombers can only fight automatically, without the manual option. 

Not hard. Currently for CV you can switch to same view as other ship (press "1" then "Z"). So for Ise maybe map 2 to HE, 3 to AP, 4 to air group 1 and so forth (consumables use alphabet)

Sign in to follow this