Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ahwai82

Obsession with torpedo

14 comments in this topic

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,592 battles

saw atago give full broadside to a fuso and get instant delete just because wana let go torps and worst the torps didnt even hit as the fuso already anticipate it

i know atago got 10KM torps, heck even lower tier ijn cruiser have it but to use it this way is just plain stupid..less than 10KM any BB is dangerous 

:facepalm:

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

I like to live dangerously, love charging at enemy BBs at the end of matches and watching them panic while the team finishes the BBs off. Being deleted is well, part of the food chain... (BB>CA>CL>DD>BB)

That being said, my safe engagement range with IJN BBs is at 8km, so personally I'm pretty comfortable going close quarters with BBs in a CA if it's just a 1v1

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles

This is the standard thought process of an IJN CA, Hmmm that ship 7km away is on low health instead of using my guns to finish him off while angling to preserve my Hitpoints I am going to open up my broadside and fire my torps instead, this is a winning strategy :facepalm:

Pro tip if you open up your broadside to a Battleship under 10km you are probably going to get sunk.

Super Tester
234 posts
5,881 battles

sometimes its good to see enemy USN/RUSKI dds trying to torp ijn dds, not firing gun... especially when i am in kamikaze :P 

671 posts
1,508 battles

The way I play Japanese DD is to Tenno Heika BANZAIIIII to a safe position in the middle of the map, and when enemy go full broadside I launch it. In Japanese Cruisers, I once forgot Furutaka had torpedo, then right before I died i just realised it had.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,592 battles

if getting a sure win why not, have some fun right

but still alot to fight for just throw away their ship like that is really bad play

403 posts
8,181 battles

The way I play Japanese DD is to Tenno Heika BANZAIIIII to a safe position in the middle of the map, and when enemy go full broadside I launch it. In Japanese Cruisers, I once forgot Furutaka had torpedo, then right before I died i just realised it had.

Sometimes when I click on a Japanese ship and enter a battle, I don't realize I'm in a cruiser until I'm prepping for a torpedo run at 10km, because it is only then that I notice that the torpedo arcs are worse.

It's not my fault that a Stealth Atago can have a 9.4km detection range, and have a 37.3 knot speed after mounting the speed flag.

Edited by 27000ants

450 posts
7,896 battles

I like to live dangerously, love charging at enemy BBs at the end of matches and watching them panic while the team finishes the BBs off. Being deleted is well, part of the food chain... (BB>CA>CL>DD>BB)

That being said, my safe engagement range with IJN BBs is at 8km, so personally I'm pretty comfortable going close quarters with BBs in a CA if it's just a 1v1

where is CV

it is fine to give broad side if you are facing some 406mm gun and you know your armor is not gonna stop it when you have only >6000 hp left if the enermy BB is one of the last 3 ships given that you team is wining with more than 5 ships 

Edited by Sammuell

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

saw atago give full broadside to a fuso and get instant delete just because wana let go torps and worst the torps didnt even hit as the fuso already anticipate it

i know atago got 10KM torps, heck even lower tier ijn cruiser have it but to use it this way is just plain stupid..less than 10KM any BB is dangerous

:facepalm:

Sometime desperate situations will result to a desperate action and this is a 50/50 whether that torps will hit or miss it normal LEL.:hiding:

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

Sometime desperate situations will result to a desperate action and this is a 50/50 whether that torps will hit or miss it normal LEL.:hiding:

True....

For torpedo ships, its normal.

BANZAI WITH TORPEDO READY!

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,592 battles

the temptation is too high right because of high damage torpedo can do lol

Yep, it physically hurts me when cruisers stop shooting and try to torp something that they will never hit.. 

unless very lucky which most of the time it's not even with 10KM torps like those on ijn cruisers

i killed a few ijn cruiser who play this way, the fun of cit atago in my glass budyonny and still evade all the torps

Sign in to follow this