Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Harugumo

Dear ARP Takao Players, please handle her carefully, she is very delicate

14 comments in this topic

634 posts
6,210 battles

So, the ARP takao missions have been going on for some time. And there has been an increase in ARP takao users.

The majority are using them in ranked and, I just cant help the feeling that it is not a good trend. as many of them cant play it properly.

Of course, i dont mean all takao players are bad in terms of skills. But i think we can all agree that atago's play style is really delicate and is not something one can learn in a short time. Even if they are good at other ships, they may not be good on the takao.

See this photo below, all three arp takao captains are rank 9, yet they have got low exp, and i can personally confirm that two of them got deleted very early on in the match.

2xGishA.jpg

Heck, I got 15 point captain with concealment expert on my atago, and even I cant atago 49WR fml.

Takao is only effective when used right, and most people cant use it right. Especially if they do not have atago to play with before.

Yes, getting arp takao requires dedication, but only that and nothing else, most takao players who have this ship dont really know how to use her and often exposes broadsides and dont know how to use her excellent concealment and torps.

Takao is a good ship, yes, I have it and i admit it, (10km torps, 9.1km concealment, 37.7 knots) 

but dont always follow the trend, play what YOU are good at.

I lost in atago from rank 9 to rank 11. Heck with amagi i lost only three times.

And eurobeat, you need to make a 'How to Atago/Takao' video RIGHT NOW. :P

Edited by Lordofcaptain

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

make a 'How to Atago/Takao' video RIGHT NOW.

Nu, the heaps of Takaos in random are the only thing keeping my sanity when I get into a tier VIII battle for the 4th battle in a row.

"Hurr durr, that New Mexico is no threat to my mighty samurai arm-..." *triple citadel*

Then again most players don't watch videos/read forums, so I guess I'll continue to be fine for now. \o\

381 posts
9,957 battles

Allowing people to get a fake Atago during ranked seasons with only a 12 pts captain is definitely an ingenious move of WG. Normally I tried hard 100% in ranked but these days I have to push it up to like 200% because Takao Takao everywhere and it's always one of them who get deleted at the beginning. On the bright side if they are on enemy team and die fast my little Benson will have an easier late game :D

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles

many takaos above R5 even, thank god those guys more or less know what they are doing at least and have CE, for the most part(the exception= lose)

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

I don't have Atago yet I know how to play ARP Takao well. I usually play it in a safe way unless I got into a situation that I got cornered and can't escape from a gunfight then I go banzai.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Dear ARP "anything" players, please play eqivalent tech tree ship classes first before you come and start torping own team mates or get deleted within first 2 minutes or shooting AP for the whole game.... Or at least be in the enemy...

Edited by icy_phoenix

Sign in to follow this