You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

Know your opponent.

41 comments in this topic

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

I see quite a few posts in the forum, and rants in chat, about noob teammates. The premise is typically along the lines of "I lost because of...."

I just wonder how many people consider/realize how many battles they will have won because the players they berate were on the other team?

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

The thing is, one usually assumes how average their teammates will perform, and then try to plan around it.

But you can never predict the actions of poor players on your team, and you never know who is a poor player.

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

The thing is, one usually assumes how average their teammates will perform, and then try to plan around it.

But you can never predict the actions of poor players on your team, and you never know who is a poor player.

^^ Case in point

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
465 posts
9,889 battles

Or well you know, some unicums are on the other side and your team just melt easily but you aren't there so you assume they are dumb. It's easier to spot bad fruits than good fruits.

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Or well you know, some unicums are on the other side and your team just melt easily but you aren't there so you assume they are dumb. It's easier to spot bad fruits than good fruits.

You can see who is good by looking at how they play their ships.  Of course if they are on the enemy team on the other side it would be harder to spot.

But in general, ships should not be melting so easily, unless they make mistakes.

And in this games, mistakes are made very commonly, even by skilled players.

There is also a difference between enemy unicums melting your team, and your own team making blatant positioning mistakes, especially *erhmm* BBs being kited and not able to contribute late game.

But then this is just something better players have to learn to deal with, its not like there would be some MMR for this game any time soon.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

939:763
Our Tirpitz is what is left, with low health
5 seconds before game end
Eurobeat: Yes, Little More

Fadhz: Just Run

Harpoon01: We will Wi...

Tirpitz turned around and get smacked by enemy Colorado

Rekt and lose

All: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Edited by Harpoon01

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Seeing familiar names on the enemy team makes me want to automatically target them for immediate destruction.

Most names I remember tend to belong to good players.

On the flipside, everyone wants Stein dead.

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

I understand you see some good play and bad play. I would like to try and emphasize my original point though.

Essentially how many people are assuming they are a good player because they have beat up some beginners?

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

I understand you see some good play and bad play. I would like to try and emphasize my original point though.

Essentially how many people are assuming they are a good player because they have beat up some beginners?

Define "Beginner"

I frankly only care about unicums on the enemy team. Anyone else will be treated normally.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Im usually have to see how that player play with my own eyes so i can tell if he/she good or not then i compare it with his/her stats so i can come up with a proper summary.

Even is just beat up beginners but you can tell by the way he/she beat them up professionaly or not :D:D:D

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

Define "Beginner"

Someone in a new stock boat, someone having an off game, someone simply caught out by understandable unforeseen events. Or possibly someone who just consistently plays poorly.

An example would be if I said I player JoeBloggs was a noob because I won 3 games in a row and yet just lost a game because of him. But what if I had only won because JoeBloggs had been on the other team? So yes he may not be the best player, which would be all the more reason not to get to high and almighty about my own skills, because how good would I need to be to beat him?

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

Here's another example.

Consider the best runner in your district. Has he every made it to the olympics? If he were the only runner he could say he was the greatest simply by jogging. Doesn't make him a good runner.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

On the flipside, everyone wants Stein dead.

Because Stein is too OP to handle. And we always have to borrow some kryptonite shells to kill you :trollface:

Topic:-

Well you know everyone has Freedom of speech so they can put up their opinions just like you did now. It is a Forum and you can put up your opinion.

And not everyone complains getting shit everyday for example look at this(sorry for that BAD DRAWING SKILLS:()

14800851_1447609071935085_169281613_n.jpg 14801239_1447609048601754_1057248274_n.jpg

14800851_1447609071935085_169281613_n.jpg

14801239_1447609048601754_1057248274_n.jpg

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

Because Stein is too OP to handle. And we always have to borrow some kryptonite shells to kill you :trollface:

Topic:-

Well you know everyone has Freedom of speech so they can put up their opinions just like you did now. It is a Forum and you can put up your opinion.

And not everyone complains getting shit everyday for example look at this(sorry for that BAD DRAWING SKILLS:()

14800851_1447609071935085_169281613_n.jpg 14801239_1447609048601754_1057248274_n.jpg

Yes there is freedom of speech. There are also chat rules that I interpret to forbid the language we are talking about. So in that light you are not allowed to put up certain opinions.

Also there is a difference in complaining about something as opposed to opening up a topic for discussion. As you can see there is no complaint in the OP.

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

complain you say?

I'm starting to suspect that Monty Python may just be the answer to all things

Edited by keskparane

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Someone in a new stock boat, someone having an off game, someone simply caught out by understandable unforeseen events. Or possibly someone who just consistently plays poorly.

None of those coincide with my definition of 'Beginner'.

If anything, it's just a guy in a stock ship, someone having a bad day x2 and a noob, respectively.

If a player consistently plays bad without improving, then they will be labeled as such.

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

None of those coincide with my definition of 'Beginner'.

If anything, it's just a guy in a stock ship, someone having a bad day x2 and a noob, respectively.

If a player consistently plays bad without improving, then they will be labeled as such.

Fair point. I couldn't come up with a better word to encompass all those things (and more) at the time.
Edited by keskparane

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Yes there is freedom of speech. There are also chat rules that I interpret to forbid the language we are talking about. So in that light you are not allowed to put up certain opinions.

Also there is a difference in complaining about something as opposed to opening up a topic for discussion. As you can see there is no complaint in the OP.

I see quite a few posts in the forum, and rants in chat, about noob teammates. The premise is typically along the lines of "I lost because of...."

Well you stared a post like this ^ meaning you're posting this discussion for those who are complaining about their teammates being bad. And I'm telling you that not everyone complains about getting these nice remarks and unsportsmanlike behaviour

Well you know talking about a complainer makes us complainer too.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

SHIT noob . SHIT match making . SHIT tiers difference . SHIT ...................... I am felling much better .

Oi Oi Oi know your team and know what other player is feeling. Don't just say such things :trollface: