You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DonnerSushi

Anyone else have dedicated captain for literally all their prem ships?

34 comments in this topic

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

There's a certain unicum out there with dedicated 15pt captains on most of his 60+ ships in port.

His name begins with an 'R' and has a '3' somewhere in there.

that is his OCD ...

like certain player who try to ballance all game he play between CV - BB - CL - DD

331 posts
17,080 battles

I have commanders for all my premiums. I know about the retraining thing but since I hardly ever move my captains around anymore unless I need to I don't use the retaining ability. often.

I feel that retaining is inefficient if I want to get the low tier captain skills working quickly.

Beta Tester
40 posts
10,342 battles

Not all of my premium ships but I do have dedicated captains for my Sims, Gremy and Atago if that'd make you feel better

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I used to have dedicated tank crews for premium tanks in WoT back in patch 0.5.X or something like that in 2011.

Back then you couldn't use your regular tank crews on tanks of the same nation/type, hence one had to use dedicated crews.

Ever since the change to that I've switched to using regular crews/captains on premium vehicles for both games.

No reason not to grab the extra benefit, also great for rolling up exp for new crews/captains on an easy going ship/tier.

Beta Tester
908 posts

I have alot of captains that matches how those premium ships play. Literally taking them into competitive mode or OP. These are 16-18 point captains that are for my end of line ships.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,288 posts

Yes, I do.

Some haven't left port yet (DD's)

Need more flag packages in the premium shop (training captains in PvE is a right chore!)

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

I don't need a dedicated captain on a premium ship because whatever type ship it is I already have a dedicated captain for that line that I can just transfer when required.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,703 battles

No, i tend to keep premium ships free for training, xp, retraining purposes, or clubbing! getting in standard captains for these ships levels them quicker