You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kavatron

Skills/Perks

27 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
48 posts
67 battles

Carried on from the Ship's Company thread but would like to suggest some skills and perks.

Here are a few I'd like to see:

Damage Control (DC): For fires and flooding

Ship's Medical Emergency Team (SMET): For patching injured crew members

Signal Intelligence (SIGINT): Modified for WoWS by boosting your radar intercept and reducing your own emissions.

Target Motion Analysis (TMA): for more accurate firing solutions etc.

Something similar to the Mentor skill...I'd call it Sea Daddy (rofl) Naval types will understand.

That's all I can think of for now. Please add your own!

Edited by UC2

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Maximize Engine - Increase engine speed beyond factory limits. (also increase ship's turning/maneuver)

Powder Room Maintenance - decreases the chances of catastrophic explosion.

Torpedo Maintenance - decreases the chance of dud torpedo and increases its speed.

Crew Firing Drill Training - Decrease reload and increases accuracy of AA weapon.

Well, some where from submarine simulators I played. ;)

Alpha Tester
48 posts
67 battles

Not sure how to put a number value onto it.

TDC is as good as the operator, I guess you could give it a baseline of 10% accuracy and then train it to 100%.

TCM's (counter measures) are effective depending on how the vessel manoeuvres after letting them go. 

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,632 battles

Can someone tell me how early the bulbous prow came in?  Was it WW2 or some time before.   I wish to repair my ignorance?

It was a bit hit and miss with WWII ships, looks like bulbous prow dates back to 1890's but was not really excepted until the 1920's.

If you look at most WWII ships they don't seem to have it but some do in a modest form. Yamato has the most noticeable bulbous prow.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Can someone tell me how early the bulbous prow came in?  Was it WW2 or some time before.   I wish to repair my ignorance?

I've had my bulbous prow since puberty. Although I doubt I will mount it on any of my ships in WoWS. Wife would complain.

Alpha Tester
48 posts
67 battles

They became a thing on Naval vessels in 1910 although there have been illustrations from before 1900 showing a bulbous like protrusion.

Alpha Tester
14 posts
586 battles

I would really think crew would be nice to have, but i dont think there is a way to put an entire team's face represented by just one person...

However, not having a crew would just feel really off...

Maybe have crew teams? Like engineering crew, steering crew, weapons crew, Captain, communications crew... etc.

Then just choose like one to head the crew, then he is the one that you get skills/perks on.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,954 battles

What about a spall liner of some sorts as well as rubber padding to reduce ramming dmg.

Shipping bubble-wrap.

Dampens ramming damage and provides stress relief for crew.

Beta Tester
301 posts

THE crew subdivided as follows

-The captain, skipper, commander

-The officers / Petty officers-  depending on what type of boat it may be the officers might increase: lieutenants officers (Chief engineer, Chief navigator/ Chief operation, Chief gunner/AAA your weapons Chief, Communications Chief/Observation officers)  Petty officers(engineers/mechanics,gunners,AAA gunners)

-The sailors/bottom ranks - allocated within the boat or rather divided into groups.. G1. the sailors in engineer department G2 gunner AAA gunner department G3 Fire control department/ repair control department

Cpt 1, officers 3-4, petty officers 6-8, sailors 20 in their own respective station: tier 2 cruiser

Perk/Skills

Captainbrothers in arms:teethhappy: mentor, eagle eye, zeal, iconic/symbolic/unwavering , six sense

Lieutnant officers

start with

1. Chief operation/Navigators chief: smooth ride, rough seas driving(off road driver):B Brothers in arms, Control impact

2. Communication Chief/Observation Chief: Signal boosting, Situational awareness, recon, Brothers in arms, relaying

3. Weapons chief AAA / main gunner: Death eye,safety storage, adrenaline rush, intuition, tactical prowness , Brother in arms

Petty officers

start with 

1.Engineer/mechanics: Preventive maintenance, performance peek (engines peek performance) Brother in arms, damage control

2. Gunners: same as the weapon's chief except: tactical prowness

Sailors

perks and skills: damage control,repairs,Fire fight, preventive maintenance, safety storage, brother in arms, safety ammo,patriotism

and that  all fooks

Edited by 12ocks

Beta Tester
3 posts
282 battles

THE crew subdivided as follows

-The captain, skipper, commander

-The officers / Petty officers-  depending on what type of boat it may be the officers might increase: lieutenants officers (Chief engineer, Chief navigator/ Chief operation, Chief gunner/AAA your weapons Chief, Communications Chief/Observation officers)  Petty officers(engineers/mechanics,gunners,AAA gunners)

-The sailors/bottom ranks - allocated within the boat or rather divided into groups.. G1. the sailors in engineer department G2 gunner AAA gunner department G3 Fire control department/ repair control department

Cpt 1, officers 3-4, petty officers 6-8, sailors 20 in their own respective station: tier 2 cruiser

Perk/Skills

Captainbrothers in arms:teethhappy: mentor, eagle eye, zeal, iconic/symbolic/unwavering , six sense

Lieutnant officers

start with

1. Chief operation/Navigators chief: smooth ride, rough seas driving(off road driver):B Brothers in arms, Control impact

2. Communication Chief/Observation Chief: Signal boosting, Situational awareness, recon, Brothers in arms, relaying

3. Weapons chief AAA / main gunner: Death eye,safety storage, adrenaline rush, intuition, tactical prowness , Brother in arms

Petty officers

start with 

1.Engineer/mechanics: Preventive maintenance, performance peek (engines peek performance) Brother in arms, damage control

2. Gunners: same as the weapon's chief except: tactical prowness

Sailors

perks and skills: damage control,repairs,Fire fight, preventive maintenance, safety storage, brother in arms, safety ammo,patriotism

and that  all fooks

hi all,

with regards to above quote, i would like to suggest a simpler crew layout by putting only those that always have a direct relation with the captain.

1. Captain

2. Chief Engineer: affects the ship durability status and the ship's damage control

3. Gunnery Officer: affects the ship's gun accuracy and reload time

4. Helmsman: affects the way the ship travel, just like in World of Tanks

hope it will be useful! :D

Beta Tester
31 posts
620 battles

I think if we added extra crew we should just stick to the Ward room.  I think 5 officers would be a good balance.  

Captain : Skills that effect the over all operating ability of the ship.

Executive : Damage Control.

Gunnery : Main and secondary armament and possibly AA.

Navigation : Maneuverability and spotting distance.

Engineering : Propulsion and Repair.

It would be normal for some of these Officers to have over lapping skills.

I may come back to this and add some skills later.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I think if we added extra crew we should just stick to the Ward room.  I think 5 officers would be a good balance.  

Captain : Skills that effect the over all operating ability of the ship.

Executive : Damage Control.

Gunnery : Main and secondary armament and possibly AA.

Navigation : Maneuverability and spotting distance.

Engineering : Propulsion and Repair.

It would be normal for some of these Officers to have over lapping skills.

I may come back to this and add some skills later.

Does we need A Helmsman or Captain will do the Job?