You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
juniorkiller

British CLs need help.

5 comments in this topic

223 posts
8,238 battles

From my acknowledgement. British light cruisers from tier 6 and below have little affect to the game. They're just underpowered. I've never felt competitive playing them (from tier 2 to tier 5, 6 is a little bit better). Is it me that plays badly, or is it the ships itselves are bad? 

Regards!

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I think the overall review & hints are on this link: http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/the-navy-is-here/

British Cruisers vs. Other Classes (Tier 6+)

vs. Aircraft Carriers

Sometimes, you'll kill airplanes. At other times, they will kill you. Nothing specific.

vs. Battleships

Battleships are the worst opponents for British Cruisers. You should avoid direct confrontations with them. Smoke is your best friend. Use torpedo spams to scare off Battleships. You'll be able to deal good damage by hitting superstructures.

vs. Cruisers

Your concealment and gun traverse time gives you enough initiative to decide when to engage your opponents. British Cruisers rarely start the fight; they join the fight midway. You should try to attack targets that are already engaged with other targets, and keep an eye on them in case they decide to shift their attention to you. You should be less concerned with HE shells (you can repair the damage dealt from those) but AP shells can sometimes mean an instant ticket back to Port.

vs. Destroyers

Fun. No destroyer is a good match for British Cruisers. With great turret traverse speed and rate of fire, killing Destroyers is very easy, especially when you are close enough. You are very well protected against torpedoes as well, because you will almost always have the Hydroacoustic Search consumable available. Combined with your excellent mobility, you'll be nearly invulnerable to torpedoes.

Edited by Mingfang47

223 posts
8,238 battles

Thank you, Sir Syanda.