You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Asian_noone

Who even wants play the Montana?

38 comments in this topic

31 posts
2,893 battles

I heard so much about how bothe the Kurfurst and Yamato are SOOOOOO much better than the Montana where it matters, so tell me, why would any of you play the Montana? Who even likes playing Montana these days, even with buffs that barely matter? Is there really a different kind of "fun" when playing on Montana vs the other two tier X BBs? Is it just out of pity because IRL Montana would have given the Yamato a run for its money? What good is the Montana for? Am I really being too negative?

634 posts
6,218 battles

I heard so much about how bothe the Kurfurst and Yamato are SOOOOOO much better than the Montana where it matters, so tell me, why would any of you play the Montana? Who even likes playing Montana these days, even with buffs that barely matter? Is there really a different kind of "fun" when playing on Montana vs the other two tier X BBs? Is it just out of pity because IRL Montana would have given the Yamato a run for its money? What good is the Montana for? Am I really being too negative?

So much better?

Ha.

If you do not have tier 10 ship, have not played in tier 10 matches, please refrain from such comments.

There are so many aspects in which the yamato/GK is worser.

Montana‘s AA enable it to withstand Carriers attacks, while yamato's AA against tier 10 cv is nothing.

Montana have much better turret turning speed than yamato. When Yamato is still trying to turn its turrets,  montana would have already fired its 12 shells against the enemy cruiser.

Oh, and montana/G.kurfust has more guns than yamato as well.

It's armour is not as bad as you thought it would be.

Remember this: Yamato's guns can penetrate everything , EVERYTHING, including its own armour.

G.Kurfust's armour is only good against AP shells, it has the worst, terrible torpedo protection, with a larger deck than the montana it is also more prone to HE fires.

Montana is also the most agile of the three.

need i say more?

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I can say this Everyone wants Yamato because of it's Historical Significance Just like Bismarck of the German BB line or Iowa from US BB line. Basically Montana was never built was still on the drawing board. And coming to G.Kurfrost it was also not built the only thing that attracts the eye is it's German armor and Hydro comsumable.

Beta Tester
908 posts

Hahaha. If you think the Montana is weak then you have no idea. Concealment, 26sec reloads, 12 guns that keep up with its turn. Guns that pen and hurt hard with decent accuracy. 

The kurfurst is the weak one here.

Edited by SlamUez

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,052 battles

You would be surprised by the amount of Damage a Montana can shrug off from a Yamato/Kurfurst. They are nowhere near as weak as you think, they can do great damage on all ship classes and It's not that hard to delete Yamato's with some good tactical positioning. Give it a try on the next PTR if you don't want to grind up the line.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

There is no bad ship.. Only bad captains with grain of salts...

Except IJN DDs. AHHAHAHA :teethhappy: Joke2... 

I saw many montana captains brawl well with yamato and GK. Even montana deleted me once in a game (devastating strike). 

The devs are trying to reach balance or Yin Yang. So ship have their bad and good sides. 

But who i am to comment. Back to reading. 

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Why so little faith in American engineering? Once you've been in enough T10 matches you will know that the Montana is scarier than the Yamato, particularly when it suddenly pops out of detection but you are still detected and well within 1 salvo deletion parameters.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

I heard so much about how bothe the Kurfurst and Yamato are SOOOOOO much better than the Montana where it matters,[u hear from bad source it seems] so tell me, why would any of you play the Montana?[i would if i have 1. still grinding through USN BB to get it] Who even likes playing Montana these days[Alot. u will be surprised if u played tier 10 match], even with buffs that barely matter?[shes already good even before getting her buff] Is there really a different kind of "fun" when playing on Montana vs the other two tier X BBs?[there is, tough i usually at receiving end when i face those montanas, and trust me. its not fun to receive her shell] Is it just out of pity because IRL Montana would have given the Yamato a run for its money?[IRL montana will never give yamato a run, why? the ship it self(montana) in never come to existence. shes was never build IRL] What good is the Montana for?[deleting cruiser, deleting DD, deleting plane, deleting other BB] Am I really being too negative?[u are being very super ultra negative]

soooo

there it goes the answer to ur question

Super Tester
223 posts
3,340 battles

well, not to mention, remember that exclusive accuracy module Montana get? that pinpoint accuracy, feels so good when attacking broadsiding enemy

when playing PT server, TBH out of the three tier X BB, Montana is the best for me, haha

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

why would any of you play the Montana?

I don't even know why anyone would play the boring unbalanced mess that's high tiers and you want me to tell you why they play specific ships?

Super Tester
7,567 posts
8,001 battles

Dont worry. CV at high tier is almost at extinction. Hahaha :trollface:

I just want to contribute my best to their extinction :D

I don't even know why anyone would play the boring unbalanced mess that's high tiers and you want me to tell you why they play specific ships?

This ^

High tier games just drags on and on.... I hardly had a T10 game where I didn't have to wait 20 minutes for a loss.

T7 is much more dynamic :D

Super Tester
234 posts
5,881 battles

yamato has a big disadvantage too. even NC can citadel her shooting under her 2nd/1st turret. Except for yamato, i dont think montana has that weakness. 

Super Tester
7,567 posts
8,001 battles

If you guys sometimes check super unicum player stats of our server (and some others) you will surprisingly find out that a large number of them have incredible Montana stats (better than their Yamato stats).

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Actually this isn't 100% true. Whilst Montana have best AA in the game, her torpedoes belt is no where near Yamato's broken 51% torpedoes damage reduction. So having better AA doesn't mean that you can deal with air raides better than other ship. 

Montana‘s AA enable it to withstand Carriers attacks, while yamato's AA against tier 10 cv is nothing.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

Actually this isn't 100% true. Whilst Montana have best AA in the game, her torpedoes belt is no where near Yamato's broken 51% torpedoes damage reduction. So having better AA doesn't mean that you can deal with air raides better than other ship. 

Too true,

BUT,

If you have a full AA build, Montana would only be dodging a couple of torpedoes at most, as the rest of the torp planes have already been shot down before reaching their target.

Super Tester
7,567 posts
8,001 battles

Too true,

BUT,

If you have a full AA build, Montana would only be dodging a couple of torpedoes at most, as the rest of the torp planes have already been shot down before reaching their target.

CVs don't go for Montana at the start anyway. But CVs still can two shot Montana because T10 CVs have infinite reserve. 

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Too true,

BUT,

And the better question is.... Why would anyone have an AA spec Montana nowadays. CVs are dead at high tier 
Edited by silenthunter19944

223 posts
8,238 battles

Montana is a good ship if played correctly. See excels at close range combat (less than 15km).

1. She has 12 main guns mounted on 4 turrets and her turrets has good traverse speed.

2. She has better rudder shift time than her tier 10 counterparts.

3. Good AA = no CV wants to attack.

4. Good concealment (with camo + capt skill + upgrade)