You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sammuell

What do you guys think if WG add a "Medic class" in to the game

38 comments in this topic

450 posts
7,896 battles

I am thinking will it change the playing style if WG add a supply ship into the game?

The top speed of the supply ship is 15-23, from tier 4 to tier 10, depends on the tier.

The amount of health is in-between US CA and IJN DD.

Armament is 100-127mm guns 

The function of this class is to sail with the main fleet and provide benefits to the ships such as lower the time required to put out fire and stop flooding, also provide extra aircrafts to CV, with a limit of 1-7, depends on the tier.

If it is possible, she can change the playing style so the will be hunted first, also be protected by the fleet. Then the ships will stay in a group more often instead of lone wolf CA everywhere.

353 posts
5,012 battles

tenders are usually unarmed.

impossible to provide fleet supply and maintenance under battle

medic ships cant carry guns as it will violate international law

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Supply ship / tenders usually don't sail with the main strike fleet no?

Medic: the class no one wants to play but everyone needs

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,460 battles

This is what team chat would look like with Medic Ships:

NEED A MEDIC!

NEED A MEDIC!

NEED A MEDIC!

$%^&*$#!

NEED A MEDIC!

NEED A MEDIC!

HEAL ME $%^&*$#!

NEED A MEDIC!

NEED A MEDIC!

NEED A MEDIC!

And then back in port...

[You have been reported 11 times]

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Your idea has good intentions but I don't think it would work out the way you hope for in reality.

What would actually happen is the Supply ship would sit at the back of the map with the BBs since 1) its safer then the front lines and 2) He/she would just stick to the BBs since CAs/CLs and DDs would out run the supply ship in order to contest caps, begin zoning e.t.c . All that would really change is that supply ships become priority target then go back to slogging rounds 20kms away from each other while everyone else is caught in a crossfire. 

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
392 posts
14,960 battles

Do you even know what's Medic job? No one ask for an unarmed Medic to go to the frontline, they mostly stay at the back to provide medical attention because going to the frontline is technically suicide for them.

As a former medic I can tell you that is categorically false.

In WoWS the closest thing you could do with any semblance of reality would be to allow friendly ships to help you fight fires on your decks. That said, I can't think of a historical instance of this happening in battle.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,460 battles

To be fair, we already have magic powers like DCP and Repair Party, so a "Heal Other Ship" consumable isn't really a stretch. The real question is, would it be good for gameplay? Would such a tool be better used (if at all) as another ability for existing Cruisers rather than on a dedicated (gimped) class?

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

As a former medic I can tell you that is categorically false.

In WoWS the closest thing you could do with any semblance of reality would be to allow friendly ships to help you fight fires on your decks. That said, I can't think of a historical instance of this happening in battle.

IRL, maybe they care about not shooting medic, if a medic got shot then that is a misfire but this is a game so no one cares, they'll shoot Medic either ways.

Beside, what can a supply ship do in the frontline of a naval battle anw? To properly repair a ship would takes days/months of docking.

In Naval battle, the best you can do is to prevent the ship from sinking or blow up (Yes! I'm looking at you! Taihou's Damcon Crews)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

IRL, maybe they care about not shooting medic, if a medic got shot then that is a misfire but this is a game so no one cares, they'll shoot Medic either ways.

Beside, what can a supply ship do in the frontline of a naval battle anw? To properly repair a ship would takes days/months of docking.

In Naval battle, the best you can do is to prevent the ship from sinking or blow up (Yes! I'm looking at you! Taihou's Damcon Crews)

meh, Medic ship mostly Resemble supply ship which is extremely prone to Submarine attack unless you PAINT IT ENTIRELY RED AND WHITE WHICH COMPLETELY GIVE AWAY THE LOCATION OF THE FLEET NEARBY

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles

i would like to see a mechanic put in for cruisers were if near another ship can help fight fires/floods like what bex mentioned and would make bb stay close to cruisers for another reason besides to help kill dds and aircraft cause at the moment bbs with range (especially at higher tiers) just sit back and snipe although i can understand why especially if there is more than 3 dds in each team as a bb player i would love this to become a reality 

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

That reminds me Star...... ok I stop at this 

Or I will get bloody red crayon....

Back to topic.

Healer didn't exist in WWII...

So WG would not ever think about this....

Edited by usa_panther

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,284 posts

Dear boy,

This is not Battlefield or Call of Duty.

This game is all about Warships and never the twain shall meet.

Edited by EvacuateBowel

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Dear boy,

This is not Battlefield or Call of Duty.

This game is all about Warships and never the twain shall meet.

+1 Same answer as well.

But who the hell want to take such supply ship role in the battle when most people were dying to take submarine role. :P

Beta Tester
34 posts
1,943 battles

I'm sorry, this is a semi-historical naval battle simulator, not a MMORPG with tanks, DPS, rogues and healers.

If that is more to your taste go play World of Warcraft