You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mortem76

since 5.12, strange penetration

6 comments in this topic

[EDFSF]
29 posts
2,695 battles

Hi all,

Since update 5.12, I found something funny. Sometime I can citadel a ship but I don't see any penetration ribbon (or overpen, bounce... No shell ribbon at all) and sometime I make penetration but with 0 damage (strange to have penetration ribbon without a single hit point damage on the target). This happens using my Nagato. Not sure if I had this with the Bayern. I have no screenshot of this but next time it occurs I can try to make one.

Did anybody where the same behavior? Is it normal?

Thanks

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Citadel ribbons are counted separate from hit ribbons

If you penetrated but did no damage, it means your shell hit or destroyed a module, which absorbed the shell damage.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,865 battles

I thought this thread is about incorrect detailed ribbon. I did notice since 0.5.12 sometimes there's mismatch between the detailed ribbon and the actual damage dealt. Let's say a Scharnhorst shot an Atago with AP and got 2 overpens, the damage should be 1520, but it shows 3000ish instead. 

[EDFSF]
29 posts
2,695 battles

Citadel ribbons are counted separate from hit ribbons

If you penetrated but did no damage, it means your shell hit or destroyed a module, which absorbed the shell damage.

fair enough, but I don't have any ribbon stating I destroyed a module when I have penetration and no damage.

and for the citadel hit, it is normal not having the penetration ribbon with it? Good to know. I never realized that before