Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

Just unlocked the North Carolina, tips needed.

17 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Hi all, after my long grind with the Colorado I've just unlocked the North Carolina this morning. And because I know that the transition from the Colorado to North Carolina is quite huge, I want to ask for tips regarding tactics, builds, captain skills and any other tips. Seeing how shit the Lexington is right now I hope that the North Carolina will not fail to impress me. And as of modules and upgrade... I don't know what I can do with 154,000 credits available :hiding:

412 posts
9,236 battles

Mine has AA build : BFT+BoS, EM, SI, AFT, Manual AA

For the upgrades : Aux Mod1, AA Mod2, DameCon1, DameCon2, Concealment

or if you want to make yours stealth build, exchange BFT and Manual AA for concealment expert. Tactics, don't expose yor broadside coz your citadel is basically revealing (at least not as high as Iowa), and always brawl with BBs if you can't stand with her slow-moving shells :D (14km-7km i think).

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,978 battles

1. Impressive bow tanking.

2. Superheavy shells, rips apart other bbs, specially at long range. Melts Bismarcks like plastic.

3. Super awesome AA. Even with stock hull. Rush hull B.

4. Slowest T8 ship with long rudder shift.

5. Weak side plating, show your side, even dds will ap you.

6. 20s dcp immunity, use this in brawl with ships having he secondary.

7. TDS sucks, dont get hit by torps. Use fighters for area scan.

8. Do not take FCS module/upgrade for increasing gun range.

9. Sub-orbital shells. Needs a lot of practice to get used to it.

10. Go for concealment build, nc with concealment is nasty.

That's all I can tell about NC. NC shells hurt a lot more than Amagi or Bismarck / Tirpitz. Specially T7 BBs are food for you cause you can lol-pen them.

Edited by icy_phoenix

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

bowtank, nothing can hurt you if you are bowtanking while humping a island except for HE spamming CAs, use the 11.8 concealment to oneshot CAs, take speed mod instead of rudder shift

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

Engage targets from 15 km and below. The floaty-ness of the shells make it useless at long range battles since people can simply just WASD out of things.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Engage targets from 15 km and below. The floaty-ness of the shells make it useless at long range battles since people can simply just WASD out of things.

In my last game I citadeled a Nagato and Fuso from 20km :teethhappy:. But points taken
Edited by silenthunter19944

[HMASW]
34 posts

Buy a Tirpitz ;)

Yeah, bowtank. Expect a lot of grief from people who don't understand why you are playing as you are. Move forward slowly bow on and you're hard to beat. Get flanked and targeted by multiple ships and you'll be dead quickly.

I've started using HE at long range because these supposed great guns don't do much against the high tier BBs at range and I'm a great believer in fire, these sub-orbital shells are hot when they re-enter the atmosphere. But catch a CA side on at 7-10km with AP and they're dead in one shot. A knife fight with a BB is the same slow approach nose on and watch them broadside you in frustration. If you can, use the rear turret for a second target.

SGM2 is a big help in dodging torps. I agree the GFCS is a waste, but I've got it now.

Edited by Brettr

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,978 battles

Buy a Tirpitz ;)

Yeah, bowtank. Expect a lot of grief from people who don't understand why you are playing as you are. Move forward slowly bow on and you're hard to beat. Get flanked and targeted by multiple ships and you'll be dead quickly.

I've started using HE at long range because these supposed great guns don't do much against the high tier BBs at range and I'm a great believer in fire, these sub-orbital shells are hot when they re-enter the atmosphere. But catch a CA side on at 7-10km with AP and they're dead in one shot. A knife fight with a BB is the same slow approach nose on and watch them broadside you in frustration. If you can, use the rear turret for a second target.

SGM2 is a big help in dodging torps. I agree the GFCS is a waste, but I've got it now.

You talking about NC or Tirpitz? Cause ALWAYS use AP on NC when firing at max range targets. You even lolpen-lolcit Yamatos. Doesn't matter if enemy is angled, cause NC's shells drop vertically from the sky at long range.

[HMASW]
34 posts

You talking about NC or Tirpitz? Cause ALWAYS use AP on NC when firing at max range targets. You even lolpen-lolcit Yamatos. Doesn't matter if enemy is angled, cause NC's shells drop vertically from the sky at long range.

Yes, the shells drop vertically but that's not my experience.

Sign in to follow this