Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bob778_

Leander is Awesome

15 comments in this topic

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,052 battles

Now that my I have dialed in how to play the Leander I am getting great results in it, doing great damage for a T6 Cruiser as well as getting plenty of kills. This ship feels like a sports car with how quick it accelerates & brakes and the turning circle is sublime. The ability to Nuke DD's and punish all other Cruisers is intoxicating, although i am still having trouble dealing big damage on BB's It's more of a steady attrition. The Leander is one of the ships that i have really been looking forward to and I am glad that it hasn't disappointed.

ikLkJWF.jpg

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

For BBs aim at the super structure. Was getting 4k salvos vs the bismark.

Only item im still coming to grips with is the smoke. Few puffs that you speed out of easily. Make sure you are only at 12 knots or less.

The torpedos are fun too.

Havent been targetted by a CV yet so i cannot comment on that aspect.

33 posts
7,639 battles

I find all British cruisers up to and including the Colony Class to be excellent. The rate of fire is terrific and the handle like destroyers. I only part I don't like is the very narrow field of fire for the torpedoes. 

48 posts

Thanks Bex, so many negative reports out there I was starting to worry. Away for work at the moment so haven't been able to have a look at them yet. 

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,506 battles

Are you finding the smoke 'buggy' ... I just wallet warriored the Belfast, and a couple of times I have popped smoke at around 16 knots and only had 1 puff generated.

Beta Tester
908 posts

Are you finding the smoke 'buggy' ... I just wallet warriored the Belfast, and a couple of times I have popped smoke at around 16 knots and only had 1 puff generated.

Working as intended. 

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,052 battles

So if I want to play this line I should just free exp to this?

I used Free Exp to get strait to the Leander & am now at the Edinburgh and I have been loving these ships, skipping the low Tiers seems to have been a good thing to do from my perspective.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
402 posts
15,016 battles

Not often but yeah, it definitely happens.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

My second game in the stock New Zeland ship "Leander" (aka RN Leander). I'm really please to have her in my port as good or bad she's manned by us Kiwi's!

Anyway this was with a retraining captain and a fully stock ship on faultline. I'm thinking I get the hull before anything else, as turning is life for these ships. 

NB: this map seems made for the RN line, I've had other good games on it inc' a 97k game in my Emerald here as well.

mlx58J2.png

Sign in to follow this