Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Spawny_

Final Farewell to Gneisenau - Last 5 games till Bismark

33 comments in this topic

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Just to share my last 5 games with my full secondary loadout ship and Captain with 15 skill points. Gneisenau is truly a great Tier 7 BB and a superb brawler. Don't miss out playing her. 62 games 69.4% winrate. :trollface:

168k damage game http://wowreplays.com/Replay/19960

shot-16.10.21_16.35.08-0507.jpg

125k damage game http://wowreplays.com/Replay/19963

shot-16.10.21_16.35.00-0096.jpg

118k damage game http://wowreplays.com/Replay/19889

shot-16.10.21_16.34.37-0783.jpg

63k damage game

shot-16.10.21_16.34.53-0622.jpg

92k damage game

shot-16.10.21_16.34.46-0212.jpg

Edit : Update with replays

Edited by TE_Spawnster_

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,706 posts
7,273 battles

Spawnster, why are you so OP... Teach me how to German BB, I'm stuck at Nassau.

now is the time to take her out. Right now it's a Weymouth and Calendon disassembly line of killing.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

nice one.. thanks for sharing this.

i just unlock and buy her 3 days ago..... kinda hard adapting with her 3x2 gun and rudder shift (i only play IJN BB before, )

will try my best to get the best of her...

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Heh...when I first got it, it took me a while to figure it out. But once you do,  it's truly an amazing BB to play. Especially since it's the only BB with torpedoes at tier 7. Coupled with only 6 guns, you are forced to play at medium to close range in order to be effective. 

Will share the 168k damage game replay soon. 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I have Gnei now and nearing Bismarck

i want to go slowly, right now most of the RNCL population sit at tier 5
tomorrow would be tier 6 or 7 :playing:

199 posts
18,023 battles

The most [content removed] guns in the BB line comparable to Colorado and Kongo . Due to faster reload but lousy accuracy , need to close up with enemy for hits .

Profanity. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

[WOWMY]
185 posts
2,302 battles

I have Gneisenau on secondary build and as i would remember correctly it had 7.6KM effective range (Module + Signal) not sure if i include AFT too.

Regards

Beta Tester
67 posts
6,690 battles

Heh...when I first got it, it took me a while to figure it out. But once you do,  it's truly an amazing BB to play. Especially since it's the only BB with torpedoes at tier 7. Coupled with only 6 guns, you are forced to play at medium to close range in order to be effective. 

Will share the 168k damage game replay soon. 

Scharnhorst also has toirps for those who have her.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Bayern is a very good BB too..... Same with Konig. Both are enjoyable grinds. Just that my winrate in both of sucks. 

[BRU]
309 posts
11,229 battles

Wow, congrats!! A good ship except of its dispersion because it's terrible. Currently I have Bismarck, going to F.D. Grobe.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Now the question is, how different in terms of playstyle is Gneisenau compared to Bismarck? Bismarck has no torpedoes but is compensated by 2 extra guns and OP secondaries. 

Edited by TE_Spawnster_

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Now the question is, how different in terms of playstyle is Gneisenau compared to Bismarck? Bismarck has no torpedoes but is compensated by 2 extra guns and OP secondaries. 

You'll struggle *EVIL LAUGH*

Idk man this ship has most inconsistent guns ever.(Well it is consistent in Over penning absolutely everything). But yes sometimes and I mean sometimes you get 3-5 hits which will get you your 12k-23k damage with lol pens sometimes citadels. But You always need to avoid torpedoes or well, you know you will be on sea bed in no time. 

Compared to Gneisenau, Bismarck is 100% Brawler. Dealing consistent damage NO just time to run!!. Fires are your worst nightmare so use premium Damage Control(Slap some Anti fire flags) Never show Broadside(NEVER! ever ever ever) to North Carolina. and If you feel there is a DD around turn on your Hydro and start chasing(I always used premium Hydro) SuperIntendent would be great on this ship(Vigilance is good too but extra heal and Hydro helps a lot) Get concealment upgrade ASAP.

You can chose between AA upgrade and Aiming mods(I always switch between them).Rudder shift is most Important because of your speed.

I never used spotter on Bismarck I always use fighter.

This is how I played it and now Gotta grind 15M (T-T)

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Hmmm....thanks for the heads up Aaditya....will keep that in mind.

Anyways, i've updated my opening post with replays. :)

43 posts
15,262 battles

lucky you.my buddy and i need about 30 more games from bisco we play div together. we plan to play div on bisco aswell:izmena: gonna sell my bayern maybe but gneis is a keeper.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Cool...i'm glad to see that a lot of players are enjoying the Gneisenau. I remember seeing this on youtube by Aeroon...He keep saying that the Gneisenau is BAD BAD BAD etc. Lol...so glad to prove him wrong. 

Sign in to follow this