You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bex_o7

High Fragility all right.

17 comments in this topic

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
387 posts
14,950 battles

I can count on one hand the amount of times I've been outright deleted in a cruiser. OK, it's probably more than five, but it doesn't happen often and I've been almost right through the other cruisers lines.

One night in RN cruisers and holy shit these things are squishy. No danger of them being called overpowered at all. A sideways glance from a BB and it's all over. I read somewhere that the armour model was changed because AP shells were consistently hitting RN cruisers for full damage, over pens just didn't happen, but I'm not sure that isn't still the case from tonight's experience.

Thoughts?

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

They're playable but you can't be expected to carry in one, I think there was a couple of matches where my RN ships blew up when a BB just looked at them.

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Eh, you might want to try evasive maneuvering to dodge incoming shells. The relatively good maneuverability of the RN CLs really helps when it comes to dodging salvo after salvo and making the BBs who engage at long range very sad :)

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

I deleted a Neptune in gneisenau.... 1 citadel from 19km away... Another citadel at 7km range. Those things sure are squishy. 

[LBAS]
4,464 posts
25,606 battles

I deleted a Neptune in gneisenau.... 1 citadel from 19km away... Another citadel at 7km range. Those things sure are squishy. 

Neptune? OMG how fast to spend $, thats why, lack experience in RN CL.

Beta Tester
120 posts
4,246 battles

Sounds like people are trying to lead the charge in these ships.. Use the smoke to hide and shoot a lot.. Their AP is pretty damn good.. 

435 posts
6,169 battles

Sounds like people are trying to lead the charge in these ships

Yep everyone charging in like battleships but easy enough to do and ok for tier 1, 2 and maybe 3. Danae is where you have to put your cruiser captain’s hat on.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
387 posts
14,950 battles

Consider playing it pragmatically.

It's not as user-friendly as a German battleship.

Of course. The same would apply to most CL's. My concern is that when you do take fire, most notably from BBs, overpens just don't seem to happen. As such, I find myself playing more defensively than I would even in an Atlanta, because even that's got better survivability.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Pretty much all ships that fires AP at RN CL would outright delete them with no time (how ironic). Yes, these ships makes even Atlanta far more durable in comparison. But I don't think that its a bad thing, considering the variety of tools they carry that conveniently provided to keep them afloat. It all goes back to the player to use those tools effectively and putting the match on their favor.

These are very high skill ceiling boats not suitable for the faint hearted :D

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Pretty much all ships that fires AP at RN CL would outright delete them with no time (how ironic). Yes, these ships makes even Atlanta far more durable in comparison. But I don't think that its a bad thing, considering the variety of tools they carry that conveniently provided to keep them afloat. It all goes back to the player to use those tools effectively and putting the match on their favor.

I propose a shellbeats montage.

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,179 battles

Hey Eurobeat - what's your overall opinion of the RN cruiser line?

Tee