pjflt1618

cant fire with left mouse click

7 comments in this topic

3 posts
159 battles

ever since I installed this a few days ago, I haven't been able to fire with a left mouse click. I CAN fire with a click on the scroll wheel however. I did read some posts that said if the lag is too high then firing wont work. my ping seems to hover around 100ms. and no there is nothing wrong with the mouse. any ideas?

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Checked your keyboard controls? Just in case the Fire button not yet assigned, but usually the default button for fire is Mouse1/Left Mouse button.

3 posts
159 battles

ok for noobs, I had to search google to discover that the settings shown above are only available when you scroll down with the mouse wheel - duh

also, if you try and customize your movement controls to the arrow keys or numpad keys, left click fire doesn't work any more. I looked at preferences.xml and the tags don't look right after you change settings. I have seen that this is a current bug.

So the fix is to reset controls to the default setting, left click fire works now, and live with that until they fix the ability to change and save your control settings.