Puteralanun

Should I get Indianapolis?

12 comments in this topic

218 posts
3,792 battles

I kinda feel tempted to buy the Indianapolis that's on offer right now. But it's tier VII and I only now at Tier V Omaha. I noticed the gun is mounted on a superfiring turrets which mean's I can no longer easily fire while maneuvering like I always did with pre-tier IV cruisers. 

Edited by Puteralanun

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

The normal advice - do what you feel is best for you.

Personally, I buy the ships and then put them aside until I feel ready to play them.

It's up to you and your situation.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I dont really feel Indianapolis is worth spending, i cant say much since i didnt buy it but from what i see this ship is at best "so so" and only interesting stuff its radar which Atlanta now have radar as well.

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Personally i thought it was a great ship to get last ranked season, but after a few months of meeting some of them i battle they aren't exactly very good. Sure, it has radar at tier VII, but it isn't always very useful with the 13.6km detection and well, it's a situational ship much like the Pensacola.

That being said, if you want to have a go in it, or use it to train US ship captains, you can buy it, since it plays better than the pensacola owing to its better armor.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

But, if you want to have a T7 replacement for USN CA, this one is better than Atlanta.

why?

Atlanta have more expensive price

arent a better goods ussualy have a higher price 

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles

why?

Atlanta have more expensive price

arent a better goods ussualy have a higher price 

Not always. Atlanta was good once. Not anymore. Also Atlanta is a very high skill cap ship, and if you are denied from your favorite spot, Atlanta is just food for enemy.  Atlanta always dies to gunboats. The RADAR is not very useful in most cases. Many guns yes, faster rof yes, can you hit? NOPE.
Edited by icy_phoenix