Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aaditya_AJ

IJN DD players in your team.Do they really play for the team?

58 comments in this topic

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I just wanna raise a topic I don't really know what you guys think... IJN DD from Mutsuki to Fubuki(I don't really know about T9 and T10 DDs) But these ships are particularly don't know what they are actually doing. Most of them just drop torpedos to a target which is 9-10kms away and while coming to teamplay they don't really care what team is doing, or what their job is in the first place. I'm gonna give you some examples

Example 1 :- (Mutsuki)

I was playing as ARP Myoko in map two brothers and Mutsuki was our only DD at left flank so we asked him to smoke and spot for us (Id i'm not wrong that is how teamplay works). He doesn't listen and drops his 10kms torpedos at an enemy staying behind us and it hits a friendly Battleship(Colorado) and he doesn't apologise for the mistake. then somehow we were able to suppress enemy team and push towards their base and we were all low on health but team on other side got rekt and and enemies came back to defend their base. Now funny thing is he didn't do anything what so ever he didn't even spot for us races to enemy base smoking himself, blocking our sight on enemy ships and now we are under invisifire when we ask him to move out of the smoke he just sits in there and Bam everyone was killed just because mutsuki didn't know how the team works.

Example 2 :- (Hatsuharu)

Hatsuharu on the map Neighbors I was in Bayern and half of the team decided to move towards right flank and I decided to support them with Hatsuharu in front he was doing the spotting and stuff everyone was happy. Enemy team was also split and they headed towards us and we killed Aoba as soon as he appeared we had advantage now. And a Gneisenau was pushing forward with another aoba in support and an Eugan behind them. we had numbers against them there were 2 clevelands, Bayern(Me) and a New Mexico and yes Hatsuharu. now Hatsuharu decides not to support and ran towards other side with it's full health intact just to get killed. we succeeded in killing both Aoba and Gneisenau and almost killed Eugan losing cleveland and New Mexico to Gneisenau but still we could have killed eugan then invisible torpedos hit me i was sunk and Cleveland sinks Eugan. just to get slaughtered by Amagi's long range shot. then in score screen what Hatsuharu has done was earning himself 245 xp.(We won the match)

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Conclusion: IJN DD's are useless in general, therefore WG should just remove the IJN DD tree to improve gaming experience :trollface:

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Conclusion: IJN DD's are useless in general, therefore WG should just remove the IJN DD tree to improve gaming experience :trollface:

Well I'd say just Buff their guns so that they can actually defend themselves. And lol I love Minekaze so I don't want that ship to be removed.

I didn't say It is Ships that are useless. I said it was players. and In my opinion Mutsuki players are worst. Not pointing towards unicum mutsuki player who know how to play that ship.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,856 battles

Most people don't do teamplay in random, even the unicums. They will however support their division or people they know is reliable but they will not give a flying turtle for the rest of the team.

Smoking people in random is rather rare, to be honest I won't do that either, I'd rather save my smokes for myself no matter what DD I am in unless I play in division or I find a unicum BB/cruiser.

Edited by Vio_Strygun

24 posts
8,192 battles

IJN DDs are useful because of their concealment and long range torpedoes, however you should take note that in your Example 1, you cannot depend on Mutsuki most of the time due to the fact she has slow torpedoes and her guns aren't that useful either.

Most of the destroyers you will meet in Random Battles will be driven by potatoes but don't expect that much because it is Asia afterall and in their minds, IJN DDs are torpedo boats and they will depend more on torpedoes instead of their guns, which is of course not quite true.

If you want to ensure your DDs can actually help the team, you should help your destroyers by taking down enemy destroyers.

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

Well I'd say just Buff their guns so that they can actually defend themselves. And lol I love Minekaze so I don't want that ship to be removed.

I didn't say It is Ships that are useless. I said it was players. and In my opinion Mutsuki players are worst. Not pointing towards unicum mutsuki player who know how to play that ship.

If they play mutsuki first time, they get in trouble.

Her playstyle is quite different from minekaze.

Before mutsuki, what they have to do is just spamming torpedo on newbie BB and CA who don't know the torpedo beat.

But mutsuki is for aggressive spotter.

And to make her torpedo works, players have to think when to launch torps or not.

This makes first-grabbers to struggle.

So maybe they struggle to play her.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

IJN DDs are useful because of their concealment and long range torpedoes, however you should take note that in your Example 1, you cannot depend on Mutsuki most of the time due to the fact she has slow torpedoes and her guns aren't that useful either.

Most of the destroyers you will meet in Random Battles will be driven by potatoes but don't expect that much because it is Asia afterall and in their minds, IJN DDs are torpedo boats and they will depend more on torpedoes instead of their guns, which is of course not quite true.

If you want to ensure your DDs can actually help the team, you should help your destroyers by taking down enemy destroyers.

Well Mutsuki had smoke you know and we asked him to smoke for us and he could have but no he had to conserve it. 

And talking about enemy destroyers there were no DDs on our side of the map to defend our DD

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

This makes first-grabbers to struggle.

So maybe they struggle to play her.

Yes maybe that is the case but players asking help and them giving support is a thing which we learn from tier 3. And Game also suggests players that "DD's role is to provide allies with smoke cover" what they really do is "Smoke and block sights of Allied ships"

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

Well Mutsuki had smoke you know and we asked him to smoke for us and he could have but no he had to conserve it. 

And talking about enemy destroyers there were no DDs on our side of the map to defend our DD

Well I want to talk here is that they don't understand why they have to do.

From my experience, I did a same mistake as that player you're talking about.

At that time I didn't know why I have to use my precious smoke to sb.....

After time passed, I realized smoking sb is very useful because smoke not only protects damaged ships but also warns enemy that dd is there and makes them think twice.

Conclusion: You can not blame low tier players, they are trying to learn something.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Well. Its a mid tier. Most of them are pretty game changer. If u see one in kamikaze R (mostly). You ll see him killing most of the team.

But when in high tier. IJN DDs play tactically. Knowing when to cap. Is crucial. What rounds to fire. Is crucial too.

If u in IJN DD and keep slamming HE on trollbarovsk. Sorry mang to inform u he has 50mm armor so ur guns wont work best. Slam AP on broadsided khabarosvk for maximum IJN pawoooohhhhh (power). 

oGHwaY2.jpg

Shima-tan pawoohhhhhhhh.. <3

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Conclusion: You can not blame low tier players, they are trying to learn something.

Actually you are right I'm kinda blaming low tier player who is capable of getting into T8 matches and before that he was able to get into T7 matches.But you know every IJN DD players doing same mistake over and over is something to think about.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Well. Its a mid tier. Most of them are pretty game changer. If u see one in kamikaze R (mostly). You ll see him killing most of the team.

But when in high tier. IJN DDs play tactically. Knowing when to cap. Is crucial. What rounds to fire. Is crucial too.

If u in IJN DD and keep slamming HE on trollbarovsk. Sorry mang to inform u he has 50mm armor so ur guns wont work best. Slam AP on broadsided khabarosvk for maximum IJN pawoooohhhhh (power). 

oGHwaY2.jpg

Shima-tan pawoohhhhhhhh.. <3

Lol Shima-tan is Off Topic I was talking about Mutsuki - Fubuki. so please edit it out.

Thanks in advanced

Coming into topic tactics are kinda out of portion for these players. Not all but majority don't know what to do. when to do.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Or at times, when u smoke BB or CA; they just move pass the smoke despite being told that they will smoke for them.

In my case We asked him to smoke which he Ignored and instead he smokes himself blocking out sight.

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,297 battles

In my case We asked him to smoke which he Ignored and instead he smokes himself blocking out sight.

It happens though, sadly. Thus y it's best to division up so efforts are not wasted :hiding:

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Nope, I'm not like that on my Mutsuki & Hatsuharu. Capture fast & deploy smoke then drop torp if I see nearby any ememies, use guns for dying enemies.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Lol Shima-tan is Off Topic I was talking about Mutsuki - Fubuki. so please edit it out.

Thanks in advanced

Coming into topic tactics are kinda out of portion for these players. Not all but majority don't know what to do. when to do.

Yes. but IJN DD in mid tier is actually a game changer.. Trust me. They re easy to play actually since most mid tier dont know WASD hacks. Wait till new IJN DD branch.. Probably need to adjust back the mid tier game. 

If they dont cap. Ask them nicely. Sometimes they re just afraid if they cap and cruiser arent supporting them and get killed by gunboats. :<

Edited by Safiuddin97

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles

I have played up to fubuki.. and mainly fubuki due to ranked battle. after so many hatred and critique from the better player and kinda tired of facing benson.. i decided to stop ranked for a while and play the us dd line.. i am now not far away from nicholas.

I find out, the US dd are easier to play, while the J line dd are much more difficult. Maybe this is the factor? J line are so fragile.. slow cant run, and the only thing they can rely on ... r their torp. Concealment are not much better if encountered by an aggressive US dd..SO they spam their torp wait spam and again and again. Their best game are always when there is low number dd, no cv, alot of slow bb in the enemy team. Other than this fact that i find out after testing us dd.. i think i tend to agree with.. Vio and Hood comment.

Anyway.. it depend on who r playing..If its Melon and such in those dd... need i say more? ( If its me in those dd.. yes, aditya will be writing another post :) )

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Except when there is CV in the game....

Hhahahaahha TRUE. I cant cap well and do my job if CV keep bugging me. 

*cough*

No AA (technically only 1 AA stats)

1,124 posts

I too rather keep smoke for myself

why? because IJNDD are mostly slower than those OP speed 40+knot gunboat!

there's was a time, I'm in fubuki and enemy are happen to slip into my detection range

I run away and he decide to chase after me with that insanely speed and I can't break off LOS and their team CA start to see me as a snack

they 'ignore' my team CA or BB and shoot only at me... = ='a

I can't go zigzag 'cause I'm gonna losing speed, got catch up and chew to dead,

go straight line for max speed also easy for him to aim at me and break my paper gun, paper engine, paper rudder etc

(IJNDD powerful shell is useless if you turret brake due to rapid fire gunboat)

so I pop a smoke and retreat, it's only option.

matter is, if i use smoke for someone ask for earlier that match, I'll be long dead.

Edited by PGM991

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles

I too rather keep smoke for myself

why? because IJNDD are mostly slower than those OP speed 40+knot gunboat!

there's was a time, I'm in fubuki and enemy are happen to slip into my detection range

I run away and he decide to chase after me with that insanely speed and I can't break off LOS and their team CA start to see me as a snack

they 'ignore' my team CA or BB and shoot only at me... = ='a

I can't go zigzag 'cause I'm gonna losing speed, got catch up and chew to dead,

go straight line for max speed also easy for him to aim at me and break my paper gun, paper engine, paper rudder etc

(IJNDD powerful shell is useless if you turret brake due to rapid fire gunboat)

so I pop a smoke and retreat, it's only option.

matter is, if i use smoke for someone ask for earlier that match, I'll be long dead.

YESYESYES..that is what I wanted to say!

Sign in to follow this