You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FenrirApalis

Minotaur speculated stats look a bit extreme

15 comments in this topic

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Minotaur

I know none of this is confirmed stats but those stats are pretty much a good enough concept of what it is

now let me break it down: 4 second reload makes it the second fastest firing ship in T10, the only one beating it would be the Gearing. 4.74 seconds for 180 turret rotation makes it even faster than the Fletcher which currently has the fastest traversing turrets in the game

Best turning radius of all T10 ships of 660 meters although slow rudder shift but with the rudder mods 2 and 3 it will be just as nimble. 33.5 knots makes it the third, beaten my Zao and Moskva

11.5 stock detection means with camp, concealment module and CE it will have below 9km detection. Zao and Atago just got owned there

now I don't know if this ship has defensive AA or not, but I hope it doesn't, because it has better AA DPS than Des Moines and more range with those 152mm DP. rip planes

I guess the only downside of this ship would be the lack of HE and worst citadel protection. Well I know I wouldn't love 10 152mm HE shells coming my way every 4 seconds. But AP over pens and little penetration damage will stack up pretty fast... I can imagine this ship breaking a few mouses after release because you should never stop shooting

Im not going to say this ship is going to be OP because we are not sure of anything yet, and I believe the devs are capable of balancing this out correctly

Could be my new citadel food tho :P

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

Thx that she has only AP....

If she has HE, she would be as X tier flint.....

Hammering down DD

Burning BB

Etc......

Please do not add HE, WG.......

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,258 battles

Except into the very large citadel...

edit - might have to aim just below the waterline though

Edited by Webba84

Video Contributor
2,266 posts
10,789 battles

You can;t kill the ship with AP from anything bigger than 200mm

too less armor

will overpen from any direction

I have used Moskva hit to citdael...

RN CL made from tea~

191 posts
10,640 battles

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Minotaur

I know none of this is confirmed stats but those stats are pretty much a good enough concept of what it is

now let me break it down: 4 second reload makes it the second fastest firing ship in T10, the only one beating it would be the Gearing. 4.74 seconds for 180 turret rotation makes it even faster than the Fletcher which currently has the fastest traversing turrets in the game

Best turning radius of all T10 ships of 660 meters although slow rudder shift but with the rudder mods 2 and 3 it will be just as nimble. 33.5 knots makes it the third, beaten my Zao and Moskva

11.5 stock detection means with camp, concealment module and CE it will have below 9km detection. Zao and Atago just got owned there

now I don't know if this ship has defensive AA or not, but I hope it doesn't, because it has better AA DPS than Des Moines and more range with those 152mm DP. rip planes

I guess the only downside of this ship would be the lack of HE and worst citadel protection. Well I know I wouldn't love 10 152mm HE shells coming my way every 4 seconds. But AP over pens and little penetration damage will stack up pretty fast... I can imagine this ship breaking a few mouses after release because you should never stop shooting

Im not going to say this ship is going to be OP because we are not sure of anything yet, and I believe the devs are capable of balancing this out correctly

Could be my new citadel food tho :P

If you put Rudder Shift Mod 3 then it can't use concealment module

525 posts
7,946 battles

You can;t kill the ship with AP from anything bigger than 200mm

too less armor

will overpen from any direction

nope, i citadelled her easily with my DM, no over-pen 

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

When Atlanta got introduced people said the same thing.

OMG 14 guns with 5 seconds reload, same firepower as 2 Gearings at T7, OP AA, the only USN cruiser with torpedo >T6

Look where Atlanta stands right now.

I feel that RN CLs are niche boats that may not suit everyone's playstyle. They're like Atlanta/Flint without HE but fit a similar role, DD hunter and harasser. If Belfast was any indication, you'll be punished hard when you've made a mistake. Even harder than Atlanta because RN CLs hulls are big, with citadel that extends below the turrets, and doesn't have any bow/aft armor. Expect to be DevaStriked often when driving this kind of boat. You'd need more situational awareness, careful planning and good positioning to harness their strengths and overcome their weaknesses.

403 posts
8,188 battles

^

Funny how the video length is 4:20

British Cruisers [content removed]

Inappropriate. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Edited by amade