Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BuckleUpBones

Trap Map 0.5.13 Passed?

10 comments in this topic

435 posts
6,169 battles

Old Map

ZXBFeUQ.png

New Map

vabWt0I.png

I think the changes are going to create a trap zone for the northern team, mainly for BBs and CA.

With the old map players who track in from the spawning area and want to escape have an island for cover, an exit plan and one that I uses if I need to.

With the new map players who want to escape are going to be trap by the bay curve on the changed island. They will have to continue in an almost 360 turn, be exposed to incoming fire for longer, messing up turrets directions and maybe be trap in a bottleneck. Only other option is to continue pushing forwards, which is over extending once you realize you need to escape.

Well that’s my prediction, as quoted in the release notes “provide more fair and fun play” but for the south team only!

Edited by Yul_Brynner

435 posts
6,169 battles

I am yet to find BBs and CAs coming through that opening, I'm sure they wont even try when they find it even narrower. 

It doesn’t matter which channel players use to go into the trap zone, it’s still going to be a trap zone. In the end, over time, the northern team will always head south west giving the southern team a free cap.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

I am yet to find BBs and CAs coming through that opening, I'm sure they wont even try when they find it even narrower. 

When I spawn north of the map I always use that opening when disengaging, rarely do I attack through there.

I have yet to see any BB beach themselves on that island yet though...

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

And on the public test everyone just went north of the island, stayed in covered longer, which meant we got closer before the attack began.

Was good fun, and a good change

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

I always thought the 'trap' zone was on the barrier islands in point B with limited movement and no concealment.

Me either.

B point is very narrow for CA and BB 

Sometimes even DD.....

So if they do a wrong move in B point, they would be trapped and die fast.

Back to the topic, I think WG would not take your idea, because there are various tactics but you just give only one tactic as an example and say giving advantage to southern team.

Maybe WG want to counter this tactic......

435 posts
6,169 battles

Back to the topic, I think WG would not take your idea, because there are various tactics but you just give only one tactic as an example and say giving advantage to southern team.

Maybe WG want to counter this tactic......

I agree its only one particular starting scenario that I’ve have refer too but one single scenario that should give the southern team a starting advantage.

And on the public test everyone just went north of the island, stayed in covered longer, which meant we got closer before the attack began.

Was good fun, and a good change

Obviously a knee-jerk reaction to go “around” the island after a few games, taking up time and wouldn’t that leave the DDs unsupported? Well I guessed that if it works on the PT server it’s going to work live.

You won’t catch me in that killing zone or anyone else who reads this thread.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

Sign in to follow this