You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
benlisquare

[0.5.12.1] MOD: Chinese/Japanese fonts for English WoWS client

8 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,109 battles

By popular demand, here is an update of the old Chinese/Japanese font mod for English game clients. This mod now works with game client version 0.5.12.1.

Do you:

• play with the English version game client
  • prefer playing the game in English
  • understand either Chinese, Japanese, or both
  • wish to understand what your Chinese/Japanese teammates are saying, instead of seeing meaningless boxes?

Now you can play the game in English, and have Chinese/Japanese font support.

Supported scripts: Latin alphabet (ABCDEFG), Cyrillic alphabet (кириллица), Greek alphabet (Ελληνικό αλφάβητο), Traditional Chinese (繁體中文), Simplified Chinese (简体中文), Japanese Kanji (漢字), Hiragana (ひらがな), Katakana (カタカナ)

Non-supported scripts: Korean hangul (한글), Thai (ภาษาไทย)

Download link: https://my.mixtape.moe/hpkdur.zip

Installation instructions: Extract the archive directly into your "World_of_Warships" directory.

Example before/after screenshot:

cibvaGO.jpg

Top is before mod installation (default English game client), bottom is after installation.

The image uses the following text: "This is a test. 简体字 繁體字 ひらがな カタカナ 한글 русский язык ελληνικά ภาษาไทย"

Known issues: The letter "ł" within "Błyskawica" does not display properly, and appears as a box.

aQAmuOK.jpg

Edited by benlisquare

634 posts
6,315 battles

I would like to express my deepest gratitude to you.:honoring: As a trilingual I found this mod very beneficial indeed.

You are like a savior to the many of us here.

Just one humble question though, how do you type in-game with different languages? I always have to tab out of the game, type whatever I want to say , copy it and then switch back to the game and paste it in the chat.

1 post
5 battles

I tried this -- it appears to work for client side messages, but the problem is that messages will not be sent or received with the proper encoding (so you will not be able to read other people's messages, and other people won't be able to read your message, but you can read your own message).

1,105 posts

thanks,.......nice to have hangul and thai languange bro :v going to learn it soon

...... but useless

to much languange to learn causing my english become rip english.....

WE NEED TRANSLATE MOD please :medal: