Sign in to follow this  
Puteralanun

Why carrier get less exp?

9 comments in this topic

218 posts
3,792 battles

When I played Omaha, i get about 1000 exp for around 40k damage. But when i played Bogue, I get only about 900 exp for 80k damage. What gives? Is carrier get less exp than other ship type?

Edited by Puteralanun

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Because WG wanted to make CV extinct. :hiding:

jk, CV were OP quite a while ago and they nerfed their exp and credits gain. With new patch CV got nerfed again due to reward mechanism changes but WG forgot to un-nerf it (though what they actually said is that CV earns just as much as before, no idea)

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

You gotta shoot down planes for XP in a carrier. Shooting down planes is a CV's main XP source. BB/CA main source of XP tend to be hits with guns, and I think DDs are cap and torpedo ribbons.

218 posts
3,792 battles

You gotta shoot down planes for XP in a carrier. Shooting down planes is a CV's main XP source. BB/CA main source of XP tend to be hits with guns, and I think DDs are cap and torpedo ribbons.

Well, I did played fighter loadout in Bogue sometimes. I ignore the DB and only play the fighters. I shot down over 20 planes in several occasion. But if remember correctly, I only get about 500xp for those which make me return to the 1 fighter, 1 TB loadout. 

On other issue, for a carrier, there should be an indicator that warn us when our planes have been spotted by the enemy.

Super Tester
7,577 posts
8,001 battles

There is an interesting opportunity to research regarding these in our very forums. Just compare Hall of fame Q3 and Q4. You will be able to see what changes in the score cards that causes XP rise and falls.

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/18988-hall-of-fame-q4/

Sign in to follow this